Steelworxx Status

For the gearheads in the audience
poor

Re: Steelworxx Status

Post by poor »

Arrived this morning :D

Immediately impressive quality. As she handed it over, Chatelaine remarked "it's a lot lighter than I thought it would be". My first thought was: "Jeez, what a weight!"
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

poor wrote:Arrived this morning :D

Immediately impressive quality. As she handed it over, Chatelaine remarked "it's a lot lighter than I thought it would be". My first thought was: "Jeez, what a weight!"
What a holiday gift! I think she should require you to wear a pretty bow around it until after the holiday. 8-)
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
danj

Post by danj »

poor wrote:Arrived this morning :D

Congrats! Welcome to the "Steelheart Club". It's a great device, sure you and Chatelaine will love it. :D
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
chas83

Post by chas83 »

Has anyone had success getting Steelworxx to ship a faster than normal method? once the device is made, the shipping waiting game is almost unbearable! I was wondering if anyone has gotten him to ship express, or overnight it or anything like that? Also, has anyone gotten him to ship with a tracking number? It's definitely worth it to me to have him ship it as fast as possible once the device is done to avoid the unbearable wait time to ship between Germany and the US. Anyone have any luck on fast steelworxx shipping?
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

I have never tried but the two times I have ordered something it took about 10 days to arrive from the time it was shipped. That was to the East Coast of the US.

I would just be patient, the cost to overnight it would probably be fairly high.

I did send something back to him one time and it took almost four weeks to get there (US postal service Priority Mail)
0 x
chas83

Post by chas83 »

Ok, last time I had something shipped from him, it took 12 days. I have also shipped back to him before and it didn't take long at all according to the tracking, but the customs over there held it for almost twice as long as it took to ship. I wonder how the customs over here work for something from Germany? Is most of the time the actual shipping, or is it held up at US customs most of the time?
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

I have no idea, the tracking info for the way over was almost useless and I didn't have any at all for the shipments to me.

I think part of the problem on the item I shipped over was that I shipped it just a few days before that scare they had a couple of months ago. I think it just sat somewhere for a long time while they figured out what they were looking for.
0 x
jeank

Post by jeank »

Being based in the UK and buying from US, waiting is inevitable unless you use a courrier service, which is very expensive. MM gave me a tracking number last time - three days to get to UK, additional 10 days to get to me - this is the queue with a postal packet to get through customs. Shortest was 5 days, longest 15 days.

I imagine similar the other way round.
0 x
chas83

Post by chas83 »

for those curious about my experience with express shipping with SteelWorxx, here are my results:
01/09/2012 Processing (date order was placed)
01/10/2012 Processing
01/16/2012 Delivered
01/19/2012 actually delivered/received via DHL Express.
cost: regular 18 EUR + extra 70 EUR for express = 88 EUR

compared to my regular shipping process:
07/11/2011 Processing
07/14/2011 Processing
08/08/2011 Processing
08/08/2011 Delivered
08/20/2011 actually delivered
cost: 18 EUR
I live in central US btw.
0 x
chas83

Post by chas83 »

On my order place 01/09/2012, I think I got in just in time before the now long line started.
Order# 1316 placed 01/09/2012
Order I placed today 01/22/2012 is #1371. That's 55 orders that have been placed in just 14 days!!! (if the orders go numerically 1 by 1 of course, which I am assuming they do.)
How does he keep up I wonder?!? It can't be just him making these devices can it? That's at a rate of like 4 a day!
0 x