Going down a base ring size

For the gearheads in the audience
Curiousrk
Last orgasm: May 13th, 2023
Going down a base ring size

Post by Curiousrk »

Hi all. I have been wearing the jailbird for about 45 days strait now. Super comfortable although I can get two fingers under the base ring and so it seems like it’s a little too big. If i wear loose shorts it can also slide down and then the cage gets loose. But comfort-wise it’s great.

For the last week or so i tried one size smaller base ring. Same gap size but lots of increased burn and pinching. Difficult to get comfortable. But the cage stayed in position better.

I went back to the bigger ring today and again no pain and I forget it’s there. I cannot pull the testicles through so from a security perspective both rings are the same.

My question is, will I eventually get accustomed to the smaller ring? Or will I keep feeling the burn and tightness indefinitely? I know my mileage may vary but interested to hear how others transitioned to a smaller ring and how long it took.

Thank you.
0 x
Mature Metal Jail Bird
Mr Pickle
Re: Going down a base ring size

Post by Mr Pickle »

Hi Curiousrk.
Always a difficult one and so many answers.
I can give my thoughts base on my own experience.
I have low hanging balls so had similar problems. Tried many things including different cages and ring sizes shapes thicknesses etc.
I always found going down 2mm on ring size gave me the burns and a lot of discomfort in the mornings.
Down 1mm wasn't so bad but the skin on my scrotum starting peeling after a while I'm assuming due to lack of proper blood supply.
The ergonomic ring did very well for me. It's the right shape to fit my penis exactly.
I also had a lot of luck with wider base rings (these I 3d printed).
Plastic ring and steel cage combo worked also. there's a lot of weight in the ring.
It was the pendulum effect.. The weight that was the problem for me.
Eventually I went to a lighter shorter cage and back to the comfy steel ring and this did the trick.
It still slides down a bit, but with the short cage it doesn't matter.

Hope this help.
1 x
Me. "I only got 30 seconds, that's not fair". C. "life's not fair, suck it up" :(
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Curiousrk wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:35 pm
My question is, will I eventually get accustomed to the smaller ring? Or will I keep feeling the burn and tightness indefinitely? I know my mileage may vary but interested to hear how others transitioned to a smaller ring and how long it took.
When we first started with the CB3k, I tested all the ring sizes and found I could escape from all but the smallest. Being that the idea was to not be able to escape, I went for the smallest ring, which turned out to be a big mistake. It was on, and my wife took the keys and went off to work. During the day it wasn't too bad, as when it got to be too uncomfortable I could turn to some boring technical manual and get my mind off it and calm down.

Nights turned out to be a different story, nocturnal erections didn't wake me up until they became extremely painful. I managed to make it for three days and nights, until the pain became constant and intolerable, and I was begging to have it off. There was much bruising and abrasion and it took more than a week to heal.

So, I went up a couple of sizes for the day, and the next bigger one for night. It took about a week to get to the point where I could keep the mid-size ring on at night, and another week before the nocturnal erections stopped waking me up. Then I repeated the process by using the next to smallest ring during the day, and the mid-size at night. It took another week or two to adjust to that, and then for me to be able to wear just the next to smallest even at night. I was never able to keep the smallest ring on because the gawky rivet in the hinge would always get too painful.

I found that mineral oil or something like Bag Balm (the stuff you use on cow's udders) could ease the burn. I found silicone lube to be even better, and only needed to be applied twice a day.
1 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Curiousrk
Last orgasm: May 13th, 2023

Post by Curiousrk »

Thank you both!! Appreciate it. Great insight.
0 x
Mature Metal Jail Bird
jomojo76

Post by jomojo76 »

Agree, thank you both and any others who post their experiences on this topic.

I have the same problem, smaller ring is a much better fit, but causes problems after 24hrs
1 x
BlackoutDevices

Post by BlackoutDevices »

Curiousrk wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:35 pmalthough I can get two fingers under the base ring and so it seems like it’s a little too big.
So the knuckle test is an unfortunate misconception from the lack of sizing options and anatomical design in non-custom cages.

What the idea unintentionally captures is having enough room in the base ring when flaccid, for the base ring to fit when erect. People just so happened to grow around a knuckles worth of diameter so that's where that rule of thumb came from, even if people don't know that's where it comes from.

Ideally (and even just logically) a base ring should be large enough to accommodate an erection without cutting off circulation to anything. Then from there you would need to decrease the "ball gap" so that you aren't slipping out; if your cage allows that adjustment.
Like you've experienced, going down a ring size often just causes discomfort at best with potentially dangerous night time situations

The other aspect of it is that the cage should be doing most of the work in keeping the cage in place, not the base ring. The ring really only should be there for "security". I imagine most guys would go for just a chastity tube that kept itself in place if it didn't require a piercing - which is essentially the feeling you should be going for with the sizing.
2 x
jomojo76

Post by jomojo76 »

Quick question, what's the best way to bend a base ring to expand the gap? Is it simply a case of hitting it with a hammer with increasing force until it bends or is there a subtler easier way?
JM
1 x
jomojo76

Post by jomojo76 »

I should just use the search function more often - slave d (thank you) answered this one in 2022.

Hammer and vice it is.
1 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

You’re welcome :)

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
KnownAsHerbert
Last orgasm: April 23rd, 2024
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

TwistedMister wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am So, I went up a couple of sizes for the day, and the next bigger one for night. It took about a week to get to the point where I could keep the mid-size ring on at night, and another week before the nocturnal erections stopped waking me up. Then I repeated the process by using the next to smallest ring during the day, and the mid-size at night. It took another week or two to adjust to that, and then for me to be able to wear just the next to smallest even at night.
The question of ring sizes has become familiar territory for me very quickly and I recognise the situations that people are reporting here.

The idea of using a smaller ring during the day and the next size up at night had occurred to me as I seem to be able to cope better during the day. It's those nocturnal erections that are causing the trouble at the moment (and I've only just completed my third night). Obviously changing rings twice a day will be a nuisance but it's interesting and encouraging that TwistedMister found that he adapted to just the one ring, even at night, after a week or two.

I already use the smallest spacer without any trouble so the gap between ring and cage is small, so it's secure.
1 x
Full time Nubbed by Emmi.