Sizing

For the gearheads in the audience
Spaceman
Sizing

Post by Spaceman »

Looking at most suppliers sites they all seem to include some guidance on correct sizing, in general they reccomend measure the flaccid length and add 1/4 inch or similar.

That's how I started and bought a 3.5 inch cage based on the above which allowed a lot of movement, that was soon replaced. I'm now using two cages, one 1.25 inches and one 1.5 inches and thinking about going down to a micro. I've found no ill effects at all and the smaller cages (particularly the more closed in one with a birdcage type end) much better and more stimulating, so far the longest I've worn them is 2 months. Its completely filled at all times and I love the sensation, happily my wife also likes the look of it and it's more discreet than the large 3.5" one.

I'm not sure why the suppliers all push large cages, in the end cage size seems to be a matter of personal preference rather than and other reason.

Do others have different or similar experiences, it might help those starting out on this journey.
3 x
TheNookieMonster
Re: Sizing

Post by TheNookieMonster »

I've been at this about five years now I guess and now that I think about it, I've had quite a few cages. After much trial and error I am in a Watchful Mistress that fits perfectly. It is a 2" cage, the shortest I have worn and, like you, mine holds everything in place. The unit is usually lined up to pee, fairly discreet in jeans, and easy to keep clean so I am a big fan of a shorter cage.
If someone is starting out buy the cheap knockoffs and find something you can wear comfortably. If you want to buy something custom in the future you can but it might not be necessary. I found the stainless steal A272 was nice to wear but the cage diameter just too small for me and caused a sore after a couple of weeks no matter what I did.
Very happy with what I have now but the road could have been shorter and less expensive. :lol: :lol:
3 x
The Nookie Monster
As of October 2023 in a new Watchful Mistress from Mature Metal. Wife keeps me locked nearly 100% of the time.
foundNbagged
Last orgasm: December 30th, 2023
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by foundNbagged »

Spaceman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:04 am [...] in general they reccomend measure the flaccid length and add 1/4 inch or similar.
I think you meant *subtracting* ~1/4 inch?
Spaceman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:04 am I'm not sure why the suppliers all push large cages, in the end cage size seems to be a matter of personal preference rather than and other reason.
Do others have different or similar experiences, it might help those starting out on this journey.
I think this is very common, especially for those of us who seek longer term wear. I'd guess that it's because comfort (to me, at least) is ultimately the gating factor in someone being able to successfully wear cages day in, day out.

This is me purely speculating here, but a lot of adult toys have a history of being mass produced and cranked out as cheaply as possible without much consideration in mind to the end user. The original CB-X devices were great for inspiring lots of us to look into chastity cages, but, in hindsight, whew... do they just completely suck compared to what's available these days. At the same time, I don't see AL Enterprises having had the success they did, if, they pushed only tons and tons of tiny, micro sized cages onto the market.

Male ego and pride would've decimated sales without the collective knowledge we've gained over the years regarding size & comfort. For instance, I'm not really into SPH, but I LOVE smaller cages. I can't be alone in thinking that I probably would've avoided getting interested in chastity if every cage on the market 20 years ago was a tiny/micro sized.
Spaceman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:04 am I've found no ill effects at all and the smaller cages [...] much better and more stimulating [...]. Its completely filled at all times and I love the sensation, happily my wife also likes the look of it and it's more discreet [...].
Smaller cages really are discrete and all-around better and more stimulating thanks to that snug 'squished' feeling from being somewhat compressed the cage without any free space for movement.I stick to "nano" sized cages (HTv4 and K3D's N+ are my go-to cages and started with a CB-6000 & 3000, then an HT Standard. It took a few lightbulb-going-off moments for me to realize that smaller cages were superior to an uncomfortable clunky "regular" sized ones.

I think for those starting out on their chastity journey, it's good to encourage the trial and error aspect of finding their individual "true fit" whether it's a mass produced cage, or a custom one. We've all learned that our first cage (or two or three...) will almost certainly NEVER be one's "forever" cage, and that's OK. I've heard women sometimes describe finding the right bra size/fit to be quite the trial and error mess. After all, why wouldn't something also as individualized as that also apply to the cock and balls?

Sorry to ramble on. If you're still here; thanks for reading :)
3 x
Spaceman

Post by Spaceman »

I agree, after about 8 years, with the first few rarely locked as my wife has taken a while to take this on board with any enthusiasm, I'm now in my fifth cage. Starting with a plastic cb6000 imitation 3.5 inches long to the 1 inch I am wearing for the last 2 days.

Apart from two weeks over Christmas I've been locked since the end of Ocober and last week my wife allowed me to reduce from 1.5 inches to 1 inch and the new cage arrived two days ago. She told me to change into it immediately, and there it's remained.

It's the smallest I've ever had and possibly the most comfortable, certainly the most frustrating. She told me it may come off in March.

As thenookiemonster says the road could gave been shorter and cheaper, but when I started I never imagined I could comfortably and safely squeeze into a 1' cage. Whether I'll ever go smaller remains to be seen.

Ring size is the most critical I find, I did try and reduce to a 40mm ring this week but reddened and aching balls made me change back to 45mm very quickly.

I've only ever bought at the cheap end of the market and apart from the plastic ones had no problems with quality at all after switching to stainless steel.
3 x
nosaint
Last orgasm: January 21st, 2024
Orgasms this year: 3

Post by nosaint »

I think very few men would start out saying, I want the smallest cage possible. Not every one is into SPH, and to start with, something close to my apparent size seems to be the way to go. But it's a journey, I've gone progressively shorter, you learn from experience. the Cherry Keeper short at 1.75 inches was a good fit. But I am into a bit of SPH so I went to the Stub, 1.5", and today I'm wearing the micro at 1.25". The stub I wore for months with no discomfort, the micro seems top be fine after a few hours.
0 x
Caged 24/7 since January 23,2024. Locked in a Cherry Keeper Micro
Spaceman

Post by Spaceman »

Well the 1inch didn't work out quite as expected/hoped, firstly when ordering I didn't know it had a hinged ring, which I would have avoided. As you would expect that chafed and pinched, even with tape over the hinge. Secondly when it came off for an operation on Friday my penis was sore (aching when touched) for a couple of days. I've come to the conclusion that was a step too far so it's gone back to the suppliers to be exchanged (yes they're happy to exchange).

I've happily worn a 1.25 inch for 2-3 weeks so not sure what the problem is but I'll stay with that one as the smallest.
0 x