I need device help with a specific set of problems

For the gearheads in the audience
BlackoutDevices
Re: I need device help with a specific set of problems

Post by BlackoutDevices »

slave d wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:49 pm Have to say that the ring size has absolutely nothing to do with testicles pulling out. It is totally a gap issue, the gap between the ring and the cage. If you think about it the testicle doesn’t pull through the ring at all !! it pulls past the gap between the ring and the cage. Ring size only controls the security of the whole device and even with the loosest ring testicles cannot pull through if the gap is right. For some reason many people don’t seem to get this but look at the device and you’ll see I’m correct !!
Well ring size isn't nothing to do with the testicles pulling out.
You're talking about the "horizontal" ball gap.
What the ring size does change is the "functional" ball gap or if looking at a design from the side, the diagonal distance from the cage to the ring (it gets more complicated in 3D space as the testicles are offset from that mid point).
The functional ball gap is going to come down to ring size, ring shape, horizontal gap, cage outer diameter, and cage shape.

Most people experience the testicles pulling out because they need a base ring size that is larger than the tube, by more than the size of their testicles. IE the functional ball gap becomes close to / larger than the testicles, allowing them to squeeze through.

Reducing the horizontal ball gap like you're suggesting is reducing the functional ball gap. But like you said yourself, if not done right it can introduce other issues by "pinching/crimping" the scrotum in certain areas.

For my Evo, I actually don't touch the horizontal ball gap very often as I control for the functional gap in a more reliable way.
Both my base ring and cage scale together to maintain a roughly 5-10mm functional ball gap depending on the customized ring shape.

Its just that off the shelf cages allow for mismatches in base ring to cage sizes which then needs to be controlled for using the horizontal ball gap. It's literally behind the principle of the CB-X cages where you go with the smallest ring size that is comfortable, and then reduce the spacers to the shortest possible.
0 x
BlackoutDevices

Nikki6 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:33 am I’ll be back in a bit to give an update, but I did get a smaller hinged ring and it’s already looking really good. I locked J up with it and his existing cage, which he said is much more comfortable. But it has no anti-rotation so I need the other piece I ordered before I can lock him up whenever I want, for as long as I want.
I actually plan to make my "Evo 2" have a sort of hinged ring for this purpose.
Right now for the current Evo cage I can fairly accurately predict what base ring size a person will want just from their measurements.... with the unfortunate major exception of not being able to predict when larger testicles will need a larger ring than the generated one.

Which, just like in your case, a hinged ring will allow for the ring to be put on behind larger testicles and be the proper size for security and comfort. The biggest issue then becomes pinch points :roll:
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Blackoutdevices: I’m fully aware it’s the functional gap and I was not talking about just the horizontal gap, I’m a designer entirely used to working in 3 dimensions !! so please don’t explain what I’m talking about !!

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
BlackoutDevices

slave d wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:49 am Blackoutdevices: I’m fully aware it’s the functional gap and I was not talking about just the horizontal gap, I’m a designer entirely used to working in 3 dimensions !! so please don’t explain what I’m talking about !!

MsM’s ld
Then why did you say that "the ring size has absolutely nothing to do with the testicles pulling out" when its one of the main variables of the functional ball gap? :?
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Because it doesn’t. Anyway I’m not going to argue pedantics with you.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Mr Pickle

Post by Mr Pickle »

Ok.
I have a small ring. 40mm so don't have these problems. The cage is a bit Wider than the norm too.
I'd say the gap is just enough for my ball sack. My sack skin literally fills the entire ring apart from where the lock mech is.
So there is no chance of a ball popping out.
When I had a not so wide cage it may have been possible, but I made some double and tripple rings (basically Wider rings. And they were Wider at the bottom than the top.
This closed the gap without reducing the ring size.
It might be worth having a play with a 3D printer? Or some mouldable resin to make adaptions for testing purposes in order to work out what works best.

I have seen some cage designs where the ring was so wide at the bottom it went a half inch further than the back of the cage, like having your balls hanging off a shelf.

And there are also ball bars and ball deviders as in this one.

The ball divider is optional. The ball bar can be customised to give the correct gap for you.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/8469447 ... l-titanium

It's been on my wish list a while now. I was waiting to see how I got on with the urethral tube. It's been in over a year so I'm running out of excuses not to buy this.
0 x
Me. "I only got 30 seconds, that's not fair". C. "life's not fair, suck it up" :(
ian 1976

Post by ian 1976 »

Nikki6 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:22 am I'd like to be able to lock J up more often and for longer, but his anatomy is a challenge with most of the devices we've tried. I even considered getting him pierced, but that's a bridge too far for me in terms of potential problems (it is not OK if he has to sit to pee) and it might not work anyway (some men with PAs seem to still find a tube device doesn't work for them). Ultimately, it's just too much for what is in the end a kink.

OK, so here is the problem specifically and what I think I want.
1) J has one small and one large testicle. The large one is so large that a solid 45mm ring is the absolute smallest he can get it through.
2) His scrotum rides high (I guess) and if he gets cold in a 45mm ring then it will pull the small testicle through. He's gone down to the smallest gap he can possibly get assembled, and it doesn't matter. With a 45mm ring, his involuntary muscle is going to pull that nut through there no matter what (and he says when it does, it hurts like hell).
3) Messing around with a velcro strap, it seems to me like a 40mm ring would work. But he can't possibly get into a solid 40mm ring.

So.....I need a good quality cage with a split / hinged 40mm ring. The Bon4M looks perfect except the detail/finish is meh and they are super heavy (half a pound of steel!). Does anyone know of a device that works like the Bon4 but that is lighter (and preferably, better made). I'm not even really picky about material, but I don't think he'll be comfortable with a half pound of steel hanging from him and the whole point of what I want is comfort so I can leave him in it long term.
Have you tried the hinged rings? it saves the pushing them through, open it up put it under neath balls and close it with the pin that you attach cage to.. might allow a 40mm that way? i have quite big balls and this solves the problem, also had hernia when a baby so the groin on one side is slightly tighter that would cause right ball lifting in a 45mm.. i also wear a 40mm flat heavy cockring in front of the ring and fits comfortably between the ring and cage, acting as a spacer and an extra line of defence!!so have a double thickness works here.
0 x