Ring Style

For the gearheads in the audience
LuckyEddie

Ring Style

Post by LuckyEddie »

So I have been thinking about updating my device, or going for a new device, but there is one question that is weighing pretty heavy.

Currently I use a Stainless Steel ring that's round. Pretty basic ring, nothing special, but it gets a bit uncomfortable after some time. Usually a small movement of the ring forward or backward resolves the issue, at least for a time.

So some of the devices I have been looking at have flat wide rings. Wide and flat "seems" to me to be a better comfort fit, but cant be sure. Anyone wear a ring like this and is willing to advise? Thanks!

Eddie
1 x
slave d

Re: Ring Style

Post by slave d »

I’m not sure it’s a battle that’s easy to win to be honest. I prefer the moulded ring which is wider BUT the only real problem I’ve had with chastity is painful sores on the scrotum that require days or even a couple of weeks to heal properly and appear to be caused by the wide flat ring becoming almost stuck to the skin when I’ve got hot and sweaty during physical work. Then moving it seems to create a small blister or sore which quickly develops into a painful lesion (best word I can think of). I never had this trouble with the old single round stainless steel ring that may have been less comfortable but didn’t seem to cause issues !!

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I have worn several different Chinese devices in the A27x series, and settled on the A272. Check AliExpress or DHGate, and you will see a cuff ring that is flat in profile, meaning more surface area in cotact with your skin. Definitely more comfortable. Also, if you look face on, you will see it's slightly oval.

The A27x models are very inexpensive, and worth buying just to get the feel.
2 x
UltraWhiteStar

Post by UltraWhiteStar »

I am also using a flat wide ring as this dissipates the pressure better. As to the shape my custom ring is shaped like a "D" with the flat side down. I have a lot of loose skin there which folds in on itself. This causes a pinching pain during nighttime erections which leads to sores that need to heal. With the "D" shape the circumference of the ring is still snug but there is some extra space to move the skin around and the corners have a bit less pressure at night. It is a good solution to quickly ease pain when I wake at night.
Last edited by UltraWhiteStar on Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Not in control.
Steve2059

Post by Steve2059 »

Another vote for contoured wide rings.
1 x
Mr Pickle

Post by Mr Pickle »

Hey Steve.
I have made lots of rings on the printer just to see what difference it makes. These are plastic so other than weight issues the theory should be similar?
A wider ring (double width) slips less. A tripple or quadruple width grips like shit to a stick. So much that the ring can be a little bigger. You might have seen a post I did of a bizarrely wide ring. It was incredibly good but added an inch to the cage so the tube needed to be shorter.
I'm a big fan of the ergonomic shape, and prefer integral lock. But I have looked at this wide round one in the past and thought it looked like it would be quite decent.
For what it's worth, I think it would be an improvement on the slim ring and wouldn't move as much.
1 x
Me. "I only got 30 seconds, that's not fair". C. "life's not fair, suck it up" :(
LuckyEddie

Post by LuckyEddie »

Seems most don't really work with the round ring that much, I suspect for many different reasons. A wider more flattened out ring seems to be the way to go. More research is needed of course, but I have found a few designs that I kind of like, so we shall see...

Eddie
1 x
CagedKC

Post by CagedKC »

I know I sound like a broken record, but I love the triple base ring on my MM Jailbird for this very reason. While not a single flat ring, it is three round rings welded together. When it was a single ring, my sack would
Have intense point pressure. If I didn't have to be without it, I would send it back for a fourth ring to be added.
0 x
Locked 24/7 since July 2018
MM Jailbird
Key Holder "Sexy Red"
BlackoutDevices

Post by BlackoutDevices »

Its not really surprising that most people don't like circular rings.... cause your anatomy isn't shaped in a circle.
@UltraWhiteStar has the right idea in the upside down 'D' shaped ring and I basically took that a step further with my Evo's base ring shape. It's actually where my logo came from.

I should also note, which again @UltraWhiteStar has the right idea in that, different scrotum "hangs" are going to need different shapes of rings too. Most people experience ball burn because of the skin being contorted by the ring and subsequently stretched typically in the center of the underside of the scrotum where the skin is a bit shorter. That's why I ask for testicle hang for ordering as I customize the shape depending on where a customer needs extra room for the scrotum to sit more comfortably.

As for ring width, yes generally a wider ring is going to be more comfortable simply because, when it is fitted well, it will spread out the contact area more reducing any pressure points. Though, it is a misconception that it should be the base ring holding the cage in place (and that's why people often go dangerously tight with their base ring) when in reality it should be the cage holding itself in place and the base ring is there to prevent it from being taken off.
1 x
UltraWhiteStar

Post by UltraWhiteStar »

Thanks @BlackoutDevices .

I came up with this shape because I experienced this pinching pain at the lower sides of the base ring. I took the circumference of a 50 mm ring which does not give me pinching pain and combined it with the 46 mm diameter of a base ring that sits comfortably snug. The result is a „D“ shape that slightly bulges beyond the 46 mm at the corners of the „D“ similar to, but not as pronounced as @BlackoutDevices ‘s logo.
0 x
Not in control.