Ball burn and I don't know what to do

For the gearheads in the audience
KoalaPerson

Ball burn and I don't know what to do

Post by KoalaPerson »

Hey! I'll get straight to the point. I've tried HappyGo Stainless Steel from Amazon, HolyTrainer V5, and now the HappyGo Resin from Aliexpress.
I've come to the conclusion that metal isn't my type of thing. It's heavy and doesn't pass metal detectors. And from all my experience I've decided that Nub is the most appealing.

I wish that was the end of the story but unfortunately I experience great skin folding at the bottom side of the chastity devices. In the HolyTrainer I can only stay for up to a couple hours max, in HappyGo Resin I am working through it so far but I wake up at night and it hurts. In conclusion, I get skin folding in every single device I've tried. I've used Coconut oil, moisturizers and a water based lube which can help a bit with the problem but only temporarily. I even tried switching sizes - I'm supposed to be a size 40-45 on the ring but it seems the lower I go the worse the skin folding gets and the higher I go the more it pushes on the balls (and of course skin folding is still a problem).

My goal is to make it through November in a chastity device. I've heard people talk about skin "toughening" overtime and others about how skin "toughening" doesn't exist. I'm at a loss here. I've already spent so much money on Chastity devices (HolyTrainer is damn expensive, I'm never going that far for chastity devices again).

My questions are - Is there an affordable nub Chastity device that doesn't get detected by metal detectors and doesn't cause ball burn?
What could I do to eliminate this problem? I want to wear a chastity device long term, it's been a big dream of mine.
0 x
Atone
Re: Ball burn and I don't know what to do

Post by Atone »

KoalaPerson wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:56 pm My questions are - Is there an affordable nub Chastity device that doesn't get detected by metal detectors and doesn't cause ball burn?
What could I do to eliminate this problem? I want to wear a chastity device long term, it's been a big dream of mine.
I don't know about the devices, I wear a steelheart and just remove it on the rare occasions I need to go through a metal detector.

The lotions help with ball burn but the biggest contributing factor to having it in the first place is the gap between the tube and the device. This can be a trial and error solution though. I did it through many years of trying different devices. My steelheart is just about perfect but I still get burn if I don't use a little lotion at night.

Good luck on finding something.
2 x
WTF15

Post by WTF15 »

For me, the ball burn situation gradually improved with time, but it was very bad at first. In the first days, the following things were key for me:

1. The skin folds because there isn't enough room to lay it all out flat. Push the excess skin so it sits on the left and right sides, and there are no folds on the bottom. You will likely need to do this frequently.
2. If the ball burn starts, rearrange things so the base ring is touching a different part of the skin, and so that there are no folds on the bottom.
3. Apply lubricating lotion before going to bed and in the morning after showering. I used A&D Ointment - it has a natural lanolin base which lubricates things so that the skin slides easily preventing the base ring from pressing on the same place for a long period.

After a couple of weeks, I found that I didn't need to use the A&D Ointment in the morning, but it was still helpful at night. After about a month, I found that I no longer needed it at night. I still get a hint of ball burn occasionally, but it is perhaps 5% of the intensity as compared to the beginning.
1 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I agree with Atone. For me, the ball burn was unbearable. I couldn't stand to wear my new Jail Bird (this was 9 years ago) for more than a couple of hours. Mature Metal suggested increasing the gap, by a mere 1/16". Viola, no more ball burn. None. Now, I could wear my JB indefinitely.

I use baby oil after showering and before bed/
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

As to skin folding at the base of the tube or cage, how I handle that depends on the device.

When I put my Jail Bird on, the penis skin bunches up around the base of the cage. I lube the bunched up area and then use the back end of an old tooth brush to push the penis' head and skin up to the top of the cage which straightens out the skin. This is easy due to the open cage design.

For the Curve, I lube my entire penis and the inside of the tube before using the "stocking trick."

For my HT v3, I also lube everything first. After locking it on, I push the tube toward my pubic bone and push the well lubed skin folds up into the tube. Eventually, the head makes it up to the end of the tube. If you still have folds at this point, you may need a longer tube.
1 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
KoalaPerson

Post by KoalaPerson »

I've decided I will save up for a Kink3D Cobra as I've heard it's good for long-term comfort and lack of chaffing (which is exactly what I'm looking for). Though for now until I save up I will try to experiment with sizes and lots of sanding from the set of rings I've received from the HappyGo Resin. I've also tried straightening my skin out many times to no avail (hopefully smaller/bigger ring sizes will solve this).
Unfortunately all the skin folding has left a deep red painful mark at the bottom of my scrotum so I'll have to take a break from chastity from now before I experiment a little more.

Thanks for all your help!
1 x
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

Biggest advice is don't try to go all in and force it. If you are feeling it within a few hours you need to chase down the fit issue. With the metal cages, you can bend then to adjust ring gaps.

You skin does adapt to an extent. For me the way around ball burn was to start wearing daily and leaving it off at night, then after a few weeks starting to wear it at night but removing if there was discomfort and leaving it off for a few nights but keeping up with daily wear. Now I can wear constantly with no issues.
1 x
KoalaPerson

Post by KoalaPerson »

Engineer wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:50 pm Biggest advice is don't try to go all in and force it. If you are feeling it within a few hours you need to chase down the fit issue. With the metal cages, you can bend then to adjust ring gaps.

You skin does adapt to an extent. For me the way around ball burn was to start wearing daily and leaving it off at night, then after a few weeks starting to wear it at night but removing if there was discomfort and leaving it off for a few nights but keeping up with daily wear. Now I can wear constantly with no issues.
Unfortunately I had to learn that the hard way haha. I thought that the pain was something that would go away if I just push through it without taking it off but it hasn't. It's been a couple days now and it literally looks like I got badly burned at the bottom of my scrotum. It actually got so bad that I could barely walk normally after taking off the chastity.
I will definitely be a lot more cautious from now on.
1 x
Mr Pickle

Post by Mr Pickle »

On the metal detector side. I went through a detector at passport control a few weeks ago wearing a steel bird cage design with a steel urethral. But I had a plastic base Ring which I think is the bulk of the metal.
It didn't set the alarm off which surprised me. I wasn't overly worried because at the end of the day it isn't contraband or illegal and I'm not ashamed of it.
I did do a little victory dance while C watched with amusement.
Ball burn I've had. Went away after I bent the cage to make the gap bigger. The 3D printed rings I make so the gap is the same every time. So I agree with the above. Try a bigger gap.
Good luck
0 x
Me. "I only got 30 seconds, that's not fair". C. "life's not fair, suck it up" :(
DrPinotNoir

Post by DrPinotNoir »

Ball burn was fixed for me by increasing the gap between the base ring and the cage. None of the knockoffs were close except for the A271. The woman from jailbird was like a wizard. If you want to be trapped by your wife in this thing forever jailbird is the way to go. It is expensive but it is no more expensive than buying 10 of those 30 dollar knockoffs and it hurting.

I had to send mine away for adjustment even after using the measuring kit. They fixed 2 things.
1. removed a bar around the tip so I could urinate perfectly
2. increased the base ring gap to the cage by 1/8. worked like a charm.
3. Also I started with an oval ring. they made a round ring and I dont wear the oval anymore. Ball burn galore.
1 x