Comfiest cage you've experienced?

For the gearheads in the audience
wildbill

Re: Comfiest cage you've experienced?

Post by wildbill »

Tom Allen wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:54 am I went from several CBx000 models to trying a bunch of Chinese cages - not knockoffs, but designs I had not seen. I've settled on the A272. Bought it 5 or 6 years ago, and have been wearing it permanently for the last 4. The open cage design at the tip makes it convenient for using a urinal. The flat, wide cuff ring is comfortable and doesn't slip around. And it's 304 stainless, which I can wear.

I did have to replace the cheap barrel lock with better quality ones, but it's easily the best $30 I've spent on this hobby.
Hi Tom,

I really liked the A272 too, but found the FRRK-15A to be about the same weight and more open for cleaning. The head of the cage really keeps me in place so I don't have to worry about misalignment before I take a leak. I think it is less noticeable than the A272 in pants with thin fabric. They also sell a 55mm ARC ring which I found more comfortable in the beginning and switched to a 50mm ARC ring after about 4 months. The other cool thing is that FRRK makes a locking ring with no cage and a lot of other models that all fit the same ARC ring if you want to experiment with other less expensive tubes.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I do like the design of that FRRK. However, I have tried cages with the welded rings near the base, and I tend to swell out of them to the point where it's sensitive and painful. I really need to lean fine welding - there are a few different cages that I'd like to cut up and make my own from the various sections.
1 x
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

I had the same issue you described with the A274, where the rings are not round, but with the FRRK-15A the rings are thicker and round so my skin doesn't puff out between the rings and get pinched . . . at least not yet . . . knock on wood.
0 x
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

Tom I really appreciate all your great advice. I thought I saw a thread from you on where to find a better quality cylinder lock for the A272, but cannot find it. I ground down the cheap magic lock and the springs came out which makes me hesitant to use the lock.
0 x
YesDear
Last orgasm: May 28th, 2022

Post by YesDear »

Here is the link for the better quality lock.
Burg Wachter ME/2 Lock Blocker for Furniture https://a.co/d/fm2bReB
0 x
MM Jailbird
The best things in life are worth the wait.
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

YesDear wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:38 pm Here is the link for the better quality lock.
Burg Wachter ME/2 Lock Blocker for Furniture https://a.co/d/fm2bReB
Thank you so much!
0 x
CagedKC

Post by CagedKC »

I have tried 2 cheap Amazon cages. One was okay and the other intolerable. After a few adjustments I have been in my MMJB 24/7 for 4 years now. Love it!
0 x
Locked 24/7 since July 2018
MM Jailbird
Key Holder "Sexy Red"
jth40s

Post by jth40s »

Mine was a Cobra.....but I quickly found out that I'm allergic to the plastic :(
0 x
BlackoutDevices

Post by BlackoutDevices »

jth40s wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:26 am Mine was a Cobra.....but I quickly found out that I'm allergic to the plastic :(
You were likely allergic to the dye rather than the plastic as that's the more common allergy.

Come check out my Evo. Its better than a Cobra and I have an undyed option for people like yourself that have an allergic reaction to the dye.
0 x
jth40s

Post by jth40s »

BlackoutDevices wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:36 pm
jth40s wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:26 am Mine was a Cobra.....but I quickly found out that I'm allergic to the plastic :(
You were likely allergic to the dye rather than the plastic as that's the more common allergy.

Come check out my Evo. Its better than a Cobra and I have an undyed option for people like yourself that have an allergic reaction to the dye.
After looking at your site, I'm thinking that the cobra that I had was a cheap knock off of your design. The base ring was very nearly identical.
I know that you are probably right about the dye being the issue but I think that the whole experience put me off of plastic/resin cages for good. Every guy wouldn't mind packing a bit more but mine swelled to 3 times it's normal diameter and twice its normal length. When the swelling stopped it completely scabbed over. The whole ordeal was very painful and gross.

I'm also a bit uncomfortable not picking out my own ring/cage/gap measurements. I read in another thread that you size the base ring ergonomically using the erect diameter at the base of the shaft to allow movement. The reason that the cobra was so great for me was that the steep angle prevented an erection at all and when paired with a base ring that was close to my flaccid shaft base diameter there was almost zero movement under any circumstances. The only discomfort was sitting for long periods of time because the ring would not change position so the skin behind the ring would have to stretch slightly. I think with time I would have adapted to that. It was very minor. I also prefer an extremely tight cage. I have a high impact job that requires a lot of movement and since I'm required to wear one 24/7 I have to get the fit very close to exact.

That being said.....I see on here and Reddit that you have a solid design and a large following. I'm sure that your design is fantastic. I just don't know that it is designed for someone like me.
0 x