PA piercing for tube device: Which size works?

For the gearheads in the audience
Whynot

PA piercing for tube device: Which size works?

Post by Whynot »

A question to all those with PA piercings: I can't wear ball trapping devices anymore, so I'm thinking about switching to a tube device, either the Steelworxx Tube Jacket 01 (https://www.steelworxx.de/Tube-Jacket-01-fuer-PA) or the Tube Jacket 03 (https://www.steelworxx.de/Tube-Jacket-03-mit-PA-Schloss). I will get a PA piercing early next month, and I want to order a Tube Jacket from Steelworxx at the same time. If everything goes well I'll be wearing the tube 24/7 with weekly or bi-weekly cleanings after the piercing has fully healed.

What I'm not sure about is which size to order: 4mm (6GA), 5mm (4GA) or 6mm (2GA). I know bigger is better because it spreads the pressure on the piercing. On the other hand I think the tube is supposed to be held largely by friction, and after a lot of experimenting with aluminium tubes of different diameters I know which tube diameter I need to order for a snug fit. Would 4mm be enough? Or should I go for 5 or 6mm?

A related question: Is there a difference in wearing comfort between the Tube Jacket 01 and the Tube Jacket 03? I can't find any comparative reviews on the net. I gather most people go for the integrated lock. Someone who has got any experience with the Tube Jacket 03? Any thoughts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 x
timmyboy38
Last orgasm: June 29th, 2021
Re: PA piercing for tube device: Which size works?

Post by timmyboy38 »

Hi there! Some answers from a PA guy:

Get the 5 mm size, and the 01 model. I was pierced at 4 mm, and after several weeks of healing, a 5 mm pin will nicely fit. It will put less pressure on your piercing. The 03 with lock is uncomfortable, especially if you have a foreskin. Even without one, that lock just is in the way and will be noticeable with tight pants. For me, it's the reason to upgrade to a model with a pin, similar to the 01 model above. I had a cherry keeper with an external PA lock, and that wasn't great.

Best of luck to you!
0 x
Locked 24/7 in a cherry.. no a PA-28.. I mean a Penica.. well, I don't know.
Hmbgcuck

Post by Hmbgcuck »

I tried a knockoff version of the 1, but the hook wiggled and pinched skin.

I considered the Prince's Collar (https://www.steelwerksextreme.com/produ ... tity-cage/) but the pricetag is too dear at this time.

@timmyboy38 , does the steelworxxx 1 not pinch you at all?
0 x
Whynot

Post by Whynot »

timmyboy38 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:29 am Get the 5 mm size, and the 01 model. I was pierced at 4 mm, and after several weeks of healing, a 5 mm pin will nicely fit. It will put less pressure on your piercing. The 03 with lock is uncomfortable, especially if you have a foreskin.
Thanks a lot for your advice, that's some great information. Yes, I do have a foreskin, so the 01 model seems to be the model to go for.

How snug is the tube you're wearing? I was quite surprised I can get easily into very small tubes (26mm) using the stocking trick, and I from what I read it seems quite important to get a snug tube to make sure it's uusally held be friction rather than the piercing.
0 x
timmyboy38

Post by timmyboy38 »

Hmbgcuck wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:51 pm
@timmyboy38 , does the steelworxxx 1 not pinch you at all?
I have no experience with this model...
0 x
timmyboy38

Post by timmyboy38 »

Whynot wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:38 pm
timmyboy38 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:29 am Get the 5 mm size, and the 01 model. I was pierced at 4 mm, and after several weeks of healing, a 5 mm pin will nicely fit. It will put less pressure on your piercing. The 03 with lock is uncomfortable, especially if you have a foreskin.
Thanks a lot for your advice, that's some great information. Yes, I do have a foreskin, so the 01 model seems to be the model to go for.

How snug is the tube you're wearing? I was quite surprised I can get easily into very small tubes (26mm) using the stocking trick, and I from what I read it seems quite important to get a snug tube to make sure it's uusally held be friction rather than the piercing.
You're welcome! Well, my tube is quite snug, but I have a ring to keep it all in place.. I suspect that you need the smallest tube which is still comfortable. I have worn just the tube of the cherry keeper while biking, but it was too short so it did weigh down the piercing a bit, which is not that comfortable.
0 x