ball-traps with locks on the side ?

For the gearheads in the audience
pseudonym of the sea
ball-traps with locks on the side ?

Post by pseudonym of the sea »

is anyone aware of steel cage makers who put the lock mechanism in the side rather than the top ?

badass workroom does it, and i'm curious if there are others. https://badassworkroom.com/collections/ ... ucts/ba-24

it looks great from a low-profile point of view.
0 x
slave d

Re: ball-traps with locks on the side ?

Post by slave d »

For the life of me i can’t see how that stays locked ? It looks as if you could just pull it open like a cupboard door. Overall i can’t see it making any difference to bulk and in fact it could chaff on your thigh but at that price it’s not something i’ll be trying anyway.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

slave d wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 am For the life of me i can’t see how that stays locked ? It looks as if you could just pull it open like a cupboard door. Overall i can’t see it making any difference to bulk and in fact it could chaff on your thigh but at that price it’s not something i’ll be trying anyway.

MsM’s ld
Conceptually, its not much different than the standard top lock. Those don't swing open to free your balls anymore than this would swing open. The posts will keep it from pinching closed.

I fully agree that this looks like it would chaff on the sides... and the price is high to just try out if you weren't sure it would work out.
0 x
pseudonym of the sea

Post by pseudonym of the sea »

thanks for the replies.

yeah overall bulk clearly the same,
but not having that prongy bit on top would be nice.
I hadn't considered the side-chaffing.

i'm still trying to get my basic dimensions right with cherry-keepers !

cheers!
0 x