What is a good closed plastic device ? (first experience)

For the gearheads in the audience
BlackoutDevices
Re: What is a good closed plastic device ? (first experience)

Post by BlackoutDevices »

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring... though I'm not sure my Blackout Evo is exactly what you are looking for.

I designed my Evo to solve a lot of the problems faced by other cages. The first one being easy sizing that nobody else has really figured out.
The Evo is a system, rather than a set of sizes, that dynamically creates a cage fitted to you. I have already done all the work to make the adjustments to create a properly fitting cage for long-term wear that way you don't have to try to sift through all the advice out there like subtracting 1/2" from your length. It is all baked into the system.

Now it is a bit pricier, which at first seems daunting, but I have heard of so many people (including myself and even some in this thread) having to buy multiple cages and still not finding one that works well. Four or five $50 cages add up pretty quickly. It may still be worth getting a cheap one just to see if you like it but getting a quality one after makes a world of difference.

My Evo also is designed in a way that has a different philosophy from other cages. Most cages try to prevent erections. The Blackout Evo accommodates them. Both the base ring and cage are sized in a way to try to remove any possibility of having any negative health effects from an erection while caged. Most commonly cutting off circulation to the balls, pinching, and edema.

As for what you have said with base rings, yes any closed ring is escapable; that's just a fact of ball-trap devices (you'll need a piercing or full belt to be inescapable)
A guy's base ring shape preference, from my research, I think comes down to where your testicles typically hang. Low hangers typically want a more round or wide ring while guys high and tight typically need more vertical room.
I created a brand new ring shape for my Evo (its actually the shape of my logo and where the logo comes from), that I believe is the most anatomical ring currently. Even just looking at it, nobody's junk is shaped like a circle, its more triangular.

If you have any questions about the Evo or other sort of "cage philosophies" I've found while creating the Evo, feel free to ask away.
Also if I've piqued your interest, you can use the code CHASTITYFORUMS15 for 15% off. It is always active for any users on chastity forums as a thank you for helping prototype my Evo in the beginning.
Last edited by BlackoutDevices on Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

@ Toby
Thanks for your interesting contribution! Just FYI, the link does not work, so I went to the site instead. It looks like you have spent quite some time on the ergonomics.
I haven't had the time yet to read in depth but so far, I love the design and I think my partner will agree.
I am a nooby and do not know much about chastity (hence the reason why I subscribed...) but your philosophy (accomodate erections rather than trying to stop them) makes sense to me so far.
I read a few days ago that the correct sizing/fitting of a cage will stop the erection. Probably, I have no reasons to doubt that but I have some difficulties in understanding how a cage could stop the erections that we all have in the early morning (I guess there's a more fashionable English name for that :mrgreen:). Does it?

Note: "Morning wood" seems to be the right term... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
0 x
JimR

Post by JimR »

I have experimented with a dozen or so cheap cages over the past 4 years, including plastic, SS and silicone. No financial involvement, but I have found the Happygo SS open (bar)cage(China-AliExpress) to be extremely well constructed, with absolutely no burrs or rough spots. Workmanship IMHO is superb, and what I would expect from a custom cage. Coast ~ $25. Regarding plastic cages, I have found the red/black cages, which are provided with 4 or 5 round rings, to be very well constructed, with robust seams that suggest quality. Only issue I had was cage edges which while not sharp, were a little more pointed than I would like. This edge issue is easily solved with sandpaper and steel wool, creating a glass like surface. Hope this helps, and of course, YMMV. Good luck.
0 x
BlackoutDevices

Post by BlackoutDevices »

Thanks for letting me know about the link, should be fixed now.

Yes the prevailing theory for fitting a chastity cage trends towards using the smallest cage as possible. The idea is that this makes attempted erections more comfortable because there is no room for the penis to actually expand, thus reducing the amount of force it can actually create. However, I've found that unless you have a cage that matches your anatomy nearly perfectly, this method can very quickly create other problems.

If the cage doesn't encompass your flaccid penis properly, that's when you are going to get more tugging at your balls during an erection. So you decrease the base ring size. But if the base ring is too small, you'll reduce circulation during morning wood. So then you increase base ring size to stop that but that makes it so that the cage can slide down on its own. And that's when you would have to decrease the gap, but that creates extra pressure against your scrotum all the time creating the burning sensation. Basically, it can be a near endless cycle of trying new combinations to fix problems created by one or two key measurements being off.

Theoretically, if you find the perfect, small-size cage, it would be potentially a better experience if only because of the smaller package size. But it can take a lot of tries to find that cage, if it is even possible for some guys.
1 x