What is a good closed plastic device ? (first experience)

For the gearheads in the audience
Jeffrey
What is a good closed plastic device ? (first experience)

Post by Jeffrey »

Before we can talk of any journey, I think we must find the right device first...
We've been reading many of your comments and while they helped us, I must say it's quite puzzling... Perhaps you will be able to help us more directly with some indications... Let's go.

The idea (to begin with) is not to wear my cage for long periods of time. It might change in the future, but not now. And she likes the design of the closed plastic cages, so that brings us to the CB6000 type of cage, even if she has to release me for a few minutes so I can clean myself. By the way, I measured, and it looks like the CB6000 has the right size for me. However, I read your many comments on the bad quality of the CB6000 (seem opening, pins breaking off, etc...), so that will not be it.

We both like quality, so we'd rather buy a good one. One of the most important conditions if that it is quite compact, so it is not easily noticeable under clothes, as I will be wearing my cage also outside. And we want it as light as possible. We already thought of replacing the traditional padlock by a tie wrap, her opninion being that I still could be tempted to cut it, release myself and place a new tie wrap. Unless someone knows about tie wraps with numbers or something similar. She was thinking of a cage with some kind of remote control, so she could decide when to open it and check when I close it again, for instance when she's out and I am working at home and I need to open it for some reason. My comment on that one, is that I heard some time ago of remote controlled chastity cages being hacked, can't remember the brand. Anyway, it's puzzling....

If you have some useful advice for us or you know of a page where several cages are being compared, that might help. Thanks a lot ;)
0 x
nosaint
Last orgasm: January 21st, 2024
Orgasms this year: 3
Re: What is a good closed plastic device ? (first experience)

Post by nosaint »

There are any number of "plastic" cages available. All are lightweight. Unless you're wearing spandex or lycra pants, don't worry about any device being seen. I know it's a common fear, but it just doesn't happen. Plastic, metal or anything else it just doesn't create a noticeable bulge in the regular jeans and dress slacks I wear. If anyone does ever comment (they won't) your wife can just grin and say yep, wowza :lol:

I've tried the CB series (didn't like it), Cherry Keeper (currently wearing it), Holy Trainer (was not impressed with the security) and the Cobra (liked it, but severe allergic reaction to the black dye). A simple google search with the added word chastity will take you to their websites, except the Cherry Keeper. So here it is: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/josiely ... -jewellery Personally, I found that site hard to navigate and poorly designed, but I managed to get the device that is working best for me.

Everyone's anatomy is different, seriously, a MM or two here or a MM or two there can make a big difference. So, you may have to try different styles. I personally find base rings that are somewhat V shaped to fit me better. My current device does not offer a V shaped base ring. I liked the design of the Cobra device as well as the look, but until they offer a hypo allergenic, non pink, option, it's not for me.

There are lots of theories about the best size device to get. I got caught up in "the smaller the better" theory. Lots of issues with that, irritations that led to removal of the device for days/weeks and peeling of the skin upon the entire length of my penis...not fun. Today I would say, get a device that is as close as possible to your *normal* flaccid length, or just a bit shorter. What is *normal*? Good question. It obviously varies during the day. You will no doubt take one measurement and go with it, resist that temptation, I didn't, but do as I say not as I did. Measure several times during the day. Buying a $15 or $20 caliper from Home Depot may help.
0 x
Caged 24/7 since January 23,2024. Locked in a Cherry Keeper Micro
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

No one actually looks at your crotch, so even a minor bulge there will go unnoticed. Don’t worry about it; any device that fits properly will be fine.

You can easily find plastic tags to replace the lock, and they are individually numbered to verify it’s the same one and hasn’t been changed. They are used for all kinds of security purposes. I ordered a bag of 100 of them online, and keep my spare / emergency key tagged under one.

The “hack” of the remote app controlled chastity device was mostly a fake story, and it’s not likely a real issue. The worse problem with the CellMate chastity device that I’ve seen is the low quality workmanship of the device. There are a lot of negative reviews, but there are also quite a few people out there happy with it.

If you’re buying “off the shelf” chastity devices instead of something custom made, you’re likely to follow the path of so many of us here, and you’ll end up buying four or more of them before you find the right one. I would personally recommend to start cheap, pay attention to sizing information as you learn about base ring inner diameter and shape, cage inner diameter and length. Eventually, you’ll realize this one works for this aspect and measurement, and this other one works for this other aspect and measurement, and then you can start looking for something that meets all the requirements, or invest in something more expensive and likely custom. That experimentation period is also great for making sure you’re really into it.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Hi, Thanks for your comprehensive and helpful replies!

@ nosaint: with "was not impressed with the security" referring to the Holy Trainer, you mean that you could escape from it?
We are not convinced either by "the smaller the better" way. The objective is that she controls my orgasms, not some kind of punishment or something.

We looked at the prices of some devices (CB, Holy Trainer) and honestly, it's sad to see such idiot prices. They just rip you off. On the other hand, starting cheap as you both suggest is a option we think, but how safe is it ? Plastic contains all kind of cheap and toxic plasticizers, etc....

@ cuyahoga: we don't doubt that going for custom made will probably be the best, but it will also be more expensive (without being totally sure about whether the device will fit well, so we think there's not really another option than starting with something cheaper and see what happens. That perhaps also explains why most of you start like that?

By the way, we have seen a stainless steel CB6000. It does not look to be from the original maker and it is quite cheap. My partner finds it very attractive. Do you have any experience with that one ? Same bad quality as the original plastic one?
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Jeffrey wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:52 am
We looked at the prices of some devices (CB, Holy Trainer) and honestly, it's sad to see such idiot prices. They just rip you off. On the other hand, starting cheap as you both suggest is a option we think, but how safe is it ? Plastic contains all kind of cheap and toxic plasticizers, etc....
I bought my CB-3000 twenty years ago for $150. It was an excellent device for figuring out what worked, and after figuring it out, it worked for long-term wear. 20 years for $150 works out to $7.50 a year, an amount that some people spend on coffee *every day*. I certainly don't feel like I got ripped off.

I had to make some repairs over the past 10 years because it got beat on due to very strenuous jobs, but that was not completely unexpected, and not particularly difficult.
By the way, we have seen a stainless steel CB6000. It does not look to be from the original maker and it is quite cheap. My partner finds it very attractive. Do you have any experience with that one ? Same bad quality as the original plastic one?
CB-X does not make a SS version of the 6000, you are looking at a Chicom counterfeit, who are responsible for the bulk of 'bad quality' complaints by people who bought the cheaper Chinese fakes and ignorantly slammed the company they *didn't* buy from.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
nosaint
Last orgasm: January 21st, 2024
Orgasms this year: 3

Post by nosaint »

@ nosaint: with "was not impressed with the security" referring to the Holy Trainer, you mean that you could escape from it?
We are not convinced either by "the smaller the better" way. The objective is that she controls my orgasms, not some kind of punishment or something.

For me, the Holy trainer was very easy to slip out of. Pricing is an issue, one reason I stuck with the Cherry Keeper was the ability to buy base rings and cages separately, It allowed me to play with different set ups. But injection molds are expensive, so they have to recover the cost of building the mold.
I think any of the injection molded devices are problematic since they all will have seams that can come apart. These days 3D printed devices are widely available.
I agree with your concerns about possible toxic ingredients, which is why I don't buy cheap chinese knock offs. I trust the American/West European manufacturers to have more stringent quality control and a greater concern for health.
0 x
Caged 24/7 since January 23,2024. Locked in a Cherry Keeper Micro
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

TwistedMister wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:17 am
I bought my CB-3000 twenty years ago for $150. It was an excellent device for figuring out what worked, and after figuring it out, it worked for long-term wear. 20 years for $150 works out to $7.50 a year, an amount that some people spend on coffee *every day*. I certainly don't feel like I got ripped off.

I had to make some repairs over the past 10 years because it got beat on due to very strenuous jobs, but that was not completely unexpected, and not particularly difficult.
CB-X does not make a SS version of the 6000, you are looking at a Chicom counterfeit, who are responsible for the bulk of 'bad quality' complaints by people who bought the cheaper Chinese fakes and ignorantly slammed the company they *didn't* buy from.
Don't get me wrong. I said we both love quality, so that's what we are looking for. But I wouldn't dare to say that all the Chinese is bad, or all the US of western European is good. The CB6000 is supposed to be one of the better ones but strange enough, we read quite many quality problems. And it's not about the money's alone, it's always about the moneys for the quality you get. If your CB3000 last so long, then I imagine you should be happy but if you buy such a device and it breaks after 3 years, I imagine one can be quite disappointed.

Another point is: we read here many comments advising to start cheap. That is probably not US or western European, correct?
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Jeffrey wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:30 pm Another point is: we read here many comments advising to start cheap. That is probably not US or western European, correct?
Correct, they are usually referring to the cheap metal ones from China. Some have found that the quality of [some of] those can be decent, others less so, it's a hit or miss proposition. The idea is that, because they are relatively inexpensive, it is cost-effective to buy a number of them in order to find one that is what you want.
1 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Thomas Kent

Post by Thomas Kent »

I found the CB 6000s a good starter. It comes with various sizes of ring and other ways to change the size and that it very useful when you don't really know what size fits you best. The 6000s seems a better bet than the 6000 model as it is slightly smaller in tube length and, unless you are very well endowed, likely to give a better fit. The price is high for a genuine model but you do have better peace of mind - a cheap knock off splitting and trapping your dick in the seam is not pleasant thought.

The Holy Trainer is similarly priced, but you have to really know your ring size as it only comes with the ring size you order. There is always a bit of trial and error on sizing. The HT is a bit more comfortable than the CB 6000s (especially for wear whilst sleeping) but, as mentioned already, the security is not as good (in my opinion) - meaning that it is so easy to pull your dick out once it is on that you lose that 'locked up' feeling.

Good luck with your journey!
1 x
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Best wishes for 2022!

@ Thomas: totally agree. just like I said earlier, I'm not afraid of the price for a genuine device, but then I also expect reliability. I can't remember having seen complaints about the 6000s, unless everyone call both versions indifferently the "6000". It is the same design, it's only just a little shorter so there's no reason why it would not break. Perhaps the 6000s is a little stronger as it is shorter. Don't know...

Yes, I find the various ring sizes is a great advantage and I understand they are all included with the CB products.

I will not go for the Holy Trainer. First, the rings are closed and if you can get in, you can also get out. I don't want to spend lots of time trying to get in or out either. I prefer an open ring like the CB or hinged. The HT is also more expensive I guess.

Reading the various comments on this site, I also discovered the Vice. Same technics as CB I guess (perhaps also the same problems with the seam, unless the assembly process is better). It seems to be a good device thought.

Just a question about the rings: sometimes they are small and sometimes they are quite wide (with a rectangular section). I have seen them round (on some mancage and on the steel versions for instance) and I also read about V shaped rings. I imagine the round ones are the best but I ignore why some rings are smaller and other wider at the base.
0 x