*Warning* on CB6000

For the gearheads in the audience
clearholytrainer
Last orgasm: October 3rd, 2021
Orgasms this year: 999
Re: *Warning* on CB6000

Post by clearholytrainer »

slave d wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:17 am What did you pay for it and where did you buy it ? i would offer dollars to donuts that you had a junk Chinese copy NOT an actual CB6000. Unfortunately with plastic devices particularly you tend to get what you paid for !!

MsM’s ld

It was over a year go now, but I bought it from a large chain retail "intimacy store" I believe I paid about $175 for the kit. IT was branded correctly as far as I could tell after the fact.
0 x
clearholytrainer
Last orgasm: October 3rd, 2021
Orgasms this year: 999

Post by clearholytrainer »

Not sure if my last response went through, but ill send it again. I bought the product from a well known and large retailer of "intimate items". I didn't buy it online, it was a brick and mortar retail store, and the consultant recommended the product. After looking back at the packaging and materials, I feel confident that the product was OEM and legitimate. I believe I paid about $175..
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

TwistedMister wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:00 am
WifeIsVanilla wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:21 am I split a real Curve years ago. It was my first device, purchased in 2011 from the CB-X website. I paid $150; they are less expensive now. Fortunately for me, only a very small piece of skin was pinched.

I am surprised and disappointed that, after all these years, CB-X hasn't done something to strengthen those "welds" along the seams.
$154 direct from CB-X.

I think it's relatively uncommon to get a reseller deal from CB-X. When I looked into it a while back, I don't think the discount was all that great. Anybody paying less than about $150 is probably not getting the Real Thing...especially if it is substantially less.

I'm not against a legit gripe about a product, but OP, you need to make sure you got a real one before you bash it. There have been a bunch of cheap fakes that broke and people bitched and it isn't right to bash based on the performance of a fake.
For clarification purposes, I paid the $150 at the CBS website back in 2011 for my first Curve. That's the one that split. Just for fun, I bought a new Curve about 6 months ago, again from the CB-X website, not wanting to take a chance on getting a counterfeit. I paid $125 + tax.

I just checked the CB-X website, and the price is now indeed, $153.99, so there has been a recent price increase, perhaps more of the "transitory inflation" that Chairman Powell had been talking about?
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

clearholytrainer wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:49 am Not sure if my last response went through, but ill send it again. I bought the product from a well known and large retailer of "intimate items". I didn't buy it online, it was a brick and mortar retail store, and the consultant recommended the product. After looking back at the packaging and materials, I feel confident that the product was OEM and legitimate. I believe I paid about $175..
OK, that sounds about right.

I had a CB-3000 split down one side after about 10 years of use, super-glue fixed it. A few years later it split down the other side, super-glue fixed that as well and it has been good since.

Don't throw it away, it can be repaired.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

WifeIsVanilla wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:54 am
TwistedMister wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:00 am
WifeIsVanilla wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:21 am I split a real Curve years ago. It was my first device, purchased in 2011 from the CB-X website. I paid $150; they are less expensive now. Fortunately for me, only a very small piece of skin was pinched.

I am surprised and disappointed that, after all these years, CB-X hasn't done something to strengthen those "welds" along the seams.
$154 direct from CB-X.

I think it's relatively uncommon to get a reseller deal from CB-X. When I looked into it a while back, I don't think the discount was all that great. Anybody paying less than about $150 is probably not getting the Real Thing...especially if it is substantially less.

I'm not against a legit gripe about a product, but OP, you need to make sure you got a real one before you bash it. There have been a bunch of cheap fakes that broke and people bitched and it isn't right to bash based on the performance of a fake.
For clarification purposes, I paid the $150 at the CBS website back in 2011 for my first Curve. That's the one that split. Just for fun, I bought a new Curve about 6 months ago, again from the CB-X website, not wanting to take a chance on getting a counterfeit. I paid $125 + tax.

I just checked the CB-X website, and the price is now indeed, $153.99, so there has been a recent price increase, perhaps more of the "transitory inflation" that Chairman Powell had been talking about?
You must have caught a sale. My 3k was $150 in 2000, they have been holding the price pretty steady since then, with occasional sales. a $4 increase isn't too bad...as far as inflation goes...though it does make me wonder how much margin was built in. On the other hand, I think they were the first to come up with a design like this, and they must have had to purchase custom molding equipment that surely would not have been cheap...and would have had to be paid for before being able to take any profit.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Null

Post by Null »

Cb6000? What year is r?
0 x