Cage Length and Diameter--Again

For the gearheads in the audience
JimR

Cage Length and Diameter--Again

Post by JimR »

I know this topic has been discussed repeatedly, but I am a newbe to this forum, and would greatly appreciate your advice and perspective. Looking for a recommendation for the proper cage inside diameter and inside length, for 24/7/365 wear, based on the diameter of the flaccid member behind head, and length of flaccid member from scrotum to tip. I am defining cage inside length, as distance from inside front of cage, to front edge of base ring (front being away from body). Lots of very small/micro cages for sale, that look like they are an inch or so in length. Is there a possible issue of long term tissue compression/damage ? Thanks
0 x
slave d

Re: Cage Length and Diameter--Again

Post by slave d »

Trouble is that size is dependent on temperature, arousal level, blood pressure, pulse, psychological well being, age, weight, fitness etc etc etc so there is and will never be an accurate answer to your main question. Over 7 years i’ve gone from a HT2 normal length, through various other caged (always a bit smaller) to what I’ve been in now for over a year now (follow the link in my signature) which is one of the micros you talk about. Plus i started on a 45mm ring went down and down and now am on a hinged ring to get one small enough to be truly effective (if it was solid i couldn’t get my junk through it). Now this suits me perfectly, i love SPH, total orgasm denial, not being allowed any form of penetration etc. i’m in my late 60s as is MsM but we’ve gone from me orgasming every day and MsM orgasming once every few months to me being totally denied for 4.5 years and MsM having Her “playtimes” 3 times a week usually !! Once again that suits me/us. As far as long term compression damage goes i suspect it’s much more a case of “use it or lose it” the same as any other body part, try strapping one finger so it can’t bend for a year and see how well it works when you unstrap it !!

So overall my advice for what it’s worth is, get a cage that’s smaller than your brain tells you you need and be sure you can get different sizes of ring to suit it. Then see what happens you may want smaller again so you do that. This is a journey not a destination as i see it and the great thing is that for a small outlay you can try different designs, materials, sizes and shapes by buying through somewhere like DHGate and if you ever find what you think is the perfect dimensions you can get a custom built one (i did that about 4 years ago and have since bought another half dozen or so different devices !!).

So have a play, the right fit for you is what you think it is ….. for now but i bet you change your mind !!!

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
JimR

Post by JimR »

Thank you so much for your excellent analysis and perspective. As you know, the internet is full of a wide variety of devices, some junk/toys for foreplay use, and other SS models of very high quality, which I believe closely compare to custom models, costing 10-15 X as much. Can't, of course, get the exact size you may want, but for some, off the shelf may work very well.
0 x
Pacocklocked

Post by Pacocklocked »

I agree. Order shorter than you think.
0 x
LockedGreg

Post by LockedGreg »

I always order 1/4 to 1/2 inch short. I also use an average flacid length as reference, not "cold shower" length.
0 x
Spaceman

Post by Spaceman »

I started with a plastic cage which was the right size according to the website guide for a flaccid 3.5 inches. Now only use a steel 1.5 inch cage which is much more comfortable, is more discreet and my wife prefers. . So far longest was 30 days which was fine. Haven't tried the micro 1inch but thinking of it.
0 x
JimR

Post by JimR »

There certainly are many perspectives and personal preferences. My feeling at the moment, is to select a cage that allows the completely flaccid member to be pressed firmly against the sides and front of the cage. Front pressure ensures proper and continuous alignment for urinal use, and side pressure allows some protrusion of shaft through openings, which helps prevent pullout...intentionally or otherwise. Guess that puts me in the 1/4-1/2 inch shorter camp as well.
0 x