Jailbird padlock or security screw

For the gearheads in the audience
MrCage

Jailbird padlock or security screw

Post by MrCage »

Will order a JB very soon. Contemplating the lock vs security screw. Questions:

1) Will a lock fit into the same hole of the security screw? Meaning can I go between the two, using the screw sometimes and the lock at other times?

2)What is the difference in wearing the lock "sideways" on the JB compared to my CB-curve?

3) Should we get the anti-pull out accessory pins?
0 x
It's good to be caged.
mellyshubby

Re: Jailbird padlock or security screw

Post by mellyshubby »

I have both on mine (I paid extra for the second hole). The padlock will fit in either hole. I'm not sure how a lock sits on a CB-curve, but the lock will lay horizontal on the Jailbird. We did not get the anti-pullout pin option, we got the spike strip instead. I have read that the pins can be punishing and cause skin irritation because all the pressure is at one point. I know that I would not want to try to spend a night with my spike strip installed. I'm not sure it would prevent pullout if you were completely flaccid anyway.

Although we like the look of the device with the security screw, we found that it was too much trouble to install (the holes must be in exact alignment). The padlock is much quicker, making life easier for the key holder.
0 x
Husband of MellyKH
Securely locked 24/7 in either a Jail Bird or Watchful Mistress
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

mellyshubby wrote:Although we like the look of the device with the security screw, we found that it was too much trouble to install (the holes must be in exact alignment). The padlock is much quicker, making life easier for the key holder.
Same for us too. My wife prefers the padlock vs the screw. I also had a second hole drilled for a plastic numbered lock while using the screw but since I "haven't been screwed" for a couple of years now, the added hole is not used.

After reading many reviews on the anti-pullout pins and and spikes we choose not to go that route.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
MikeyLikes

Post by MikeyLikes »

I will add though, that when using a padlock, there will be some rotational movement between the cage and the base ring. Some have found this to be uncomfortable/annoying, and it may even reduce the security of the device, as your balls may be able to pull back through.
0 x
HeldForHer

Post by HeldForHer »

I also have a separate hole for the security screw.

There are pros and cons for each mentioned above.

Personally, I prefer the screw. It is more solid, no movement between the ring and cage, less mass but can take longer to secure and remove. Neither is escape proof of course. Nor are the security pins and I don't think that they are practical for long term wear.

So I recommend getting both options so you have a choice! Good luck!
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

1) Will a lock fit into the same hole of the security screw? Meaning can I go between the two, using the screw sometimes and the lock at other times?

My understanding is, yes. But I would email MM and confirm before you order.

2)What is the difference in wearing the lock "sideways" on the JB compared to my CB-curve?

IMO, it is less obtrusive and it doesn't rattle. With the lock installed, my device is rock solid with no movement. I have read posts about "movement" between the cage and the locking post but I have had three MM devices and, with the lock installed, there has never been any looseness with any of them and the device is like a solid piece of metal with the lock installed. Very tight fit.

3) Should we get the anti-pull out accessory pins?

I wouldn't bother. In my 2+ years on this forum, I have not read of one positive experience with anti-pullout pins. it has all been negative. Again, discuss it with William at MM.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
HeldForHer

Post by HeldForHer »

Yes, you can wear a lock through the threaded hole in place of the security screw. However, there is a slight movement between the base ring and cage.

However, with a separate hole for the lock, I found little to no movement with the lock on my Queen's Keep. Maybe the hole for the lock is slightly smaller ID than the hole for the security screw but just a guess.
0 x
Len51

Post by Len51 »

I just ordered one and had a long email exchange with MM. The guy who makes them uses a padlock. I originally ordered the security screw but had second thoughts. I work with screws for my hobby and it is not uncommon to cross thread one, strip the head or otherwise have it not want to come out without drilling it out; something I would not do around my penis. :)

Here is what I was told. If you are not going to be taking it off much, then the screw is a good option. If, like me, you may take it off once a day to clean you penis well or for other reasons, then the padlock is the way to go. Just note that if the screw gets cross threaded and you cannot remove it, you will need to cut off the device. Also note that if you lose both keys and I have plenty of locks for which I cannot find the keys, the keys that came with your screw cannot be replaced. However, I believe with the right tools you can unscrew it. With the padlock, a small bolt cutter will free you.
0 x
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
TitaniumChastiTi

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

Having used numerous devices with padlocks resulting in scratches and bruises to Ms S, I was told under no circumstances would our ultimate final purchase (509 Euros) one have a padlock lock on it, or use a security screw fixing that I have every driver for in workshop as can anyone !!!
0 x
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

We've had the JB for almost a year, wearing 24/7. We have the security screw. It is way better than the lock. The cage doesn't wiggle at all. The first few times she put it on me, Mrs Lion had some trouble. It quickly became second nature for her and is no trouble. It's quiet and adds no bulge under clothes.

I strongly recommend no pins or spikes for long term wear. You really want maximum comfort.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.