Measuring and ordering Steelworxx Steelheart tonight

For the gearheads in the audience
hot_toddy_dog

Measuring and ordering Steelworxx Steelheart tonight

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

So I've finally got the cash to shell out for it and going to order tonight. Dietmar has confirmed that an inner diameter of 31,5mm is possible, and this should be just about a perfect fit, much snugger than the current 1-3/8" Pet Trap (actually I measured and it is quite a bit bigger than this - 36+ mm). I am still undecided on the length. While my Pet Trap is just about the perfect length, I get mixed opinions here from people advising to go shorter or longer.

At 3-1/2" length, when erect, I totally hang out the back of the Pet Trap, and I have extremely saggy testicles. Ideally I would like a double cock ring base - I know MM can make these, but I really want the security (and comfort) of a fully enclosing tube and I need the smaller diameter. So for me, there is some benefit in a longer tube, as more of the penis is enclosed.

I measure out to 100mm exactly flaccid, which is about 4", so the 3-1/2" Pet Trap tube with a 1/2" base gap is just bout perfect, but don't really know how to translate this into measuring advice for Dietmar. Does he include the curve length in the device length, or is the device length the total horizontal length of the device as it stick out from the body when worn?

I'm getting nervous about the smaller diameter so I measured circumference that I can happily fit around the head without feeling pinched, and I get about 100mm - divided by 3.14, that means I should be okay with 31.5mm inner diameter with a mm or so of wiggle room. I also did sequentially smaller O-ring experiments to find the smallest I could wear overnight, and found I had some numbness with a 1-1/8" O-ring but not with a 1-1/2" (this is how I sized to 1-3/8" for the Pet Trap). However, it's become clear I need a smaller diameter to be a better disincentive to orgasm.

Well, off for now, my wife will probably think I'm nuts as I run to the bathroom 4 or 5 times tonight to measure and re-measure everything. Wish me luck! :D
0 x
Atone
Re: Measuring and ordering Steelworxx Steelheart tonight

Post by Atone »

I have a 32mm diameter steelheart and really like it a lot. I had not worn it since I got it back from having the comfort ring added but put it back on Monday before last. It has been 10 days with no removal and no real issues. I also have a 35mm tube of the same length, it is a totally different feel. I much prefer the smaller tube.

I wish I could help on the length. Mine is a 57mm long tube, not sure of the overall length. I knew from my Jailbird how long I wanted the tube and told him that, he figured out the rest of it.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Yeah, I was gonna ask you about that. Dietmar said specifically that 32mm was not possible but 31,5mm was. Did he change his measurement standard or simply has access to different materials now?

I'm pretty confident in my measurements now, gonna submit order soon.

I am going to get a urethral insert as well. Still debating between the urethral fixing or the removable insert. I am not big on this kind of play (yet) but think it will be desired in time. The only disadvantage I see to the fixing is that with a tight tube, I will now also have a ring around the penis inside the already down to pretty much smallest size possible tube. That might be too constricting and limit longer term wear - but it also might help short term orgasm prevention. It does look like it would help a lot with getting into the tube, since the insert and fixing will trap the penis and help it slide nicely into the tube. The insert might actually be a disadvantage for getting in the tube...

So leaning towards the fixing.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Dietmar said specifically that 32mm was not possible but 31,5mm was
I just looked up the order from mine, it is actually listed as a 31mm tube. Somewhere I have the measurement that I took with a pair of calipers when I got it, I will try to find it. In either case it is a pretty snug tube. I don't have a problem now but at first I had a really hard time getting in to it (and no, my penis didn't shrink, I just gained experience with getting in this tube).
I will now also have a ring around the penis inside the already down to pretty much smallest size possible tube.
I was concerned about having room for a fixing and urethral insert in the 31mm tube, it is that snug. That is why I bought the 35mm tube when I got the "fixing with penis plug". Even with the larger tube I found it a bit difficult to get the head of my penis inside the ring at the end of the fixing. I tried putting that fixing in the 31mm tube and it didn't fit so it would have to be an even smaller ring. I don't think I would have been able to get in the smaller fixing. Even if I did I still would be concerned about getting it all to fit in the smaller tube. I wish I had one to try :) but I don't think I will be sending my tube back to get one fit, too much hassle and time (and money) for something that probably wouldn't work anyway. Although if it did, it would probably be really nice. I might send the shorter 35mm tube (I have two different lengths) back to have the fixing shortened to work with it. You really don't want a device that is at all too long with the penis plug. There is no way to "push" it back on if it starts to pull back a little.
The insert might actually be a disadvantage for getting in the tube...
I'm not sure how the insert would affect getting in the tube. Another concern is that when you pee some urine comes out around the tube too. With the fixing there is still a gap around the insert and the end of the tube for this to drain (there isn't much). With insert attached there is no gap so it would stay in the tube with the only way out to back up to the large opening. That would be a mess. I think I would want a second "drain" hole at the tip if I was going to do this.

That reminds me of one other problem with the fixing with penis plug. It was harder to clean because I no longer had access to the hole at the tip to insert a q-tip or spray bottle.

All in all I found the urethral insert to be a fun experiment but not too practical for long term wear.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Atone wrote:I was concerned about having room for a fixing and urethral insert in the 31mm tube, it is that snug. That is why I bought the 35mm tube when I got the "fixing with penis plug". Even with the larger tube I found it a bit difficult to get the head of my penis inside the ring at the end of the fixing.
Won't have that problem here. Once managed to get my entire penis head inside my wedding ring. :shock: That was a bad idea. Getting it out was the problem. BTW, if anyone is ever dumb (or horny) enough to try that, and then for some strange reason (surprise!) find your self erect, here is what to do - unthread your shoe lace immediately, use the plastic cylinder at the shoelace tip to force the lace under the ring, tie the shoelace to the ring, then use a combination of pulling and lubricant to force the erect penis head out from the ring a milimeter at a time. Then put the shoelace back in your shoe, go out and buy a bunch of soothing lotion, you'll need it.
Atone wrote:
The insert might actually be a disadvantage for getting in the tube...
I'm not sure how the insert would affect getting in the tube. Another concern is that when you pee some urine comes out around the tube too. With the fixing there is still a gap around the insert and the end of the tube for this to drain (there isn't much). With insert attached there is no gap so it would stay in the tube with the only way out to back up to the large opening. That would be a mess. I think I would want a second "drain" hole at the tip if I was going to do this.
The penis plug (not fixing) is attached first to the device, right? If you're already compressed getting in, having a plug inside there would make it a lot harder, I think. Unless the plug can go into the penis first, then somehow attach to the device. Maybe I'm missing a part or misunderstanding how the plug attaches to the device - but I already anticipated the urination problem.

I don't think either are going to be practical for long term wear in the Steelheart, but it sounds like the plug without the fixing would be less of a problem. We don't want a repeat of the wedding ring incident. I'm pretty sure I'd also have to go with a larger tube to get the urethral fixing safely in place (1-1/8" or just about 3mm smaller will start giving me tingly sensations after a while. Keep in mind, I'm gonna be out of the device 5-6 times a week, if not every day, so cleaning and hygiene are less important concerns as I can just wash up in the shower - and I really don't plan on wearing the urethral insert out of the house. Mostly I'd like the insert to play with sensations and see if it can help as a dis-incentive to orgasm or provide unique sensations of its own.

The more I think about it, the more I don't like the idea of the fixing at all. I don't really want anything else on the inside of the tube as intuition suggests it may cause irritation and chafing. And having a smaller penis tube or fixing ring inside the tube shouldn't provide any more back-pressure against orgasm - if I can get anything else inside, I'd probably just be better off with a smaller device.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Order has been placed. Happy to be joining the Steelheart club.

I remeasured with a mm scale measuring tape, and my circumference is exactly 99mm.

99 / 3.14159 = 31.5

Going to be a perfect fit. I shouldn't be able to grow at all width wise, and I'd be quite happy if that actually makes ejaculation impossible.
0 x