how much growth room did you leave in your cusom device?

For the gearheads in the audience
Scarlett's

Re: how much growth room did you leave in your cusom device?

Post by Scarlett's »

I have inadvertently led you astray, Atone. The 1 1/8 inch dimension I mentioned is the diameter not the length. Since I am now in a CB6000s I think I can come up with the proper length which is somewhere between 1 3/4 and 2 inches. If I go with 1 1/8 inch diameter I will have absolutely no room to grow. Is that the right strategy?

BTW, jeank, correspondence with MM led me to believe that different diameters front and back in the tube is discouraged.
0 x
Scarlett's Rhett
Atone

Post by Atone »

Scarlett's wrote:I have inadvertently led you astray, Atone. The 1 1/8 inch dimension I mentioned is the diameter not the length.
I see now that you were talking about the sizing rings, my bad.
Scarlett's wrote: Since I am now in a CB6000s I think I can come up with the proper length which is somewhere between 1 3/4 and 2 inches. If I go with 1 1/8 inch diameter I will have absolutely no room to grow. Is that the right strategy?
Hard to say. If I was going with the smaller diameter I would not go too short on the length. I liked the snug Jailbird I had once I got used to it. I was in constant contact with the cage though, it never got small enough to have a gap. Same way with the 32mm Steelheart. Sometimes I would get to where I just wanted out (due to the confinement) but that would usually pass after a day or so.

If you take it off frequently it may be an issue too. Because of the effort required to get everything in, usually using the stocking method, it would take a half a day or so for everything to adjust on its own. Until that happened it wasn't quite as comfortable. To then take it back off and start over everyday would be too much trouble for me.
Scarlett's wrote:BTW, jeank, correspondence with MM led me to believe that different diameters front and back in the tube is discouraged.
Not sure why that is, he built two for me that had differing diameters. One was a Jailbird the other was a Pet Trap.
0 x
LockedHub

Post by LockedHub »

I just had my first custom device made. I had the diameter made to my exact flacid size, 1.25 inches. I'm in contact 100% of the time. The length is 2 inches and I'm usually at the end, occasionally I may have 1/4" of room, but that's it. I wanted it tight and small, I got it. If I had it to do again I'd allow a little more room for growing, but only about 1/8". So to answer your question I pretty much didn't leave any room to grow.
0 x
Currently locked in a MM Watchful Mistress
Own a Bon 4
Also have a Steel Chastity Cock Cage (4 Sale)
jeank

Post by jeank »

BTW, jeank, correspondence with MM led me to believe that different diameters front and back in the tube is discouraged.
I mentioned it as that was one of the options he offered me when I ordered my QK earlier in 2011. If it would suit your sizing suggest you ask him directly.
0 x
Scarlett's

Post by Scarlett's »

Well, I did it. I ordered my Queen's Keep. You finally have to take the plunge. I elected to determine length based on how I fit in the CB6000s (2 inches) and come down by 1/4 inch to 1 3/4 inch. I stuck with the same gap I have been using on the CB, 3/8 inch. For diameter I decided to add an 1/8 inch to what the sizing rings told me I measured giving me 1 1/4 inch. It just seemed that if I reduced the length I would need more volume so I added a little to the diameter. Also, for me, part of the fun is feeling that struggle to erect down there when I see or touch Scarlett. A little bit of expansion is what I live for.

As many others have said, the customer support from "Mistress Mature Metal" has been wonderful. I have asked "Mistress Mature Metal" to allow extra room at the front of the tube for urinal usage. "Mistress Mature Metal" has been most accomodating.

Happy holidays to all! May you get more than you wish for.
0 x
Scarlett's Rhett