Closing the MM Base Ring Gap

For the gearheads in the audience
wishful4

Closing the MM Base Ring Gap

Post by wishful4 »

In my continuing effort to refine the fit of my MM device, I am considering sending my 1 7/8 in base ring back to Mature metal to have the gap reduced from 3/8 in to 1/4 in. I have been wearing the 1 3/4 in base ring for several days now and the fit is okay most of the time. But there are times when it is too tight and some scrotum soreness results. I don't think I could stand reducing the gap on it. My oval 1 7/8 in base ring fits pretty well but allows my scrotum to "bunch up" in the gap on the top right side causing some discomfort at times. It is also a tad loose at times, but I have not been able to back out of it.

If anyone out there has reduced the gap on their MM base ring, can you describe what noticable difference it made? Also, has anyone tried a round ring and an oval ring of the same size with their device? Did you note any appreciable difference?
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Locked by LRC

Re: Closing the MM Base Ring Gap

Post by Locked by LRC »

I can't help directly but I did it the other way. When I had the CB6000s I was wearing it with the KSD as the only spacer. When I ordered from MM I told him this and he agreed that a 1/4" gap should work. When I put the device on I slowly had a ball crushing feeling, and I hang low.

When I started to check things I found that the CB series is a looser fit on the plastic pins which allows a rocking motion up and down. The up rocking was allowing the gap to adjust to about 3/8".

I changed the gap to 3/8" and have had no problems. A 1/4" gap is really small. I would guess if you had skin bunching with the oval ring the 1/4" would compress this more.

I tried the oval ring first and it didn't work for me. I now have the round. They were the same size. I think the oval might be better if I was high and tight. I had a problem of skin bunching and discoloring after a few minutes with the oval. I think hanging low means more skin to contain.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Locked by LRC wrote: I tried the oval ring first and it didn't work for me. I now have the round. They were the same size. I think the oval might be better if I was high and tight. I had a problem of skin bunching and discoloring after a few minutes with the oval. I think hanging low means more skin to contain.
Locked by LRC,

Where did the skin bunching and discoloring occur?
0 x
Wishful4
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

The skin would bunch up at the top. It was coming not by the post but out at the edges by the cage.

My ball sack is what was dicoloring. When I noticed a change from normal after a few minutes I wasn't to concerned. After about thirty minutes they had become a darker color and I wasn't comfortable with this.

When you hold an oval and round together there isn't much difference. It was enough where I noticed it. Everyone is different but this is what happened to me. It gets more costly with metal devices but once the fit is right they are 100% better than plastic.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Just an update. After a couple of days using the 1 3/4 in base ring, I am back in the 1 7/8in. The smaller base ring seemed to get progressively more uncomfortable with time. The 1 7/8 in seems to be fine now as though my balls said "Whew, thanks!". I think one of my problems is the way we use MC in our daily lives. My KH/Spouse insists that I remove the device when we leave the house together, which we do most days. This requires that I remove and reinstall the base ring usually once a day. On cold weather days, this can be a daunting task and can result in some soreness in the scrotum. My body has to reacclimate to the device with every reinstallation. On the rare times when we stay at home for several days and I am continiously locked, my body seems to adjust to the device and I have less problems. I sleep locked each and every night and never have a problem other than the morning wood and managing the attempted erections by being near and touching my spouse. These are not necessarily painful, they just result in less sleep. MM discouraged me from making the gap smaller as long as it doesn't sag downwards and attempt to back out, which it doesn't. So, bottom line, I'll just press on with what I have and think the problems will slowly disappear over time. Also, I think in time, my spouse will get comfortable enough to leave me locked when we go out. I won't push it because I am just grateful that she is starting to become invested in MC a little bit.
0 x
Wishful4