Device Recommendation for New Users

For the gearheads in the audience
wishful4

Device Recommendation for New Users

Post by wishful4 »

I have noticed several new users on the forum inquiring about what device to choose for his/their first. This thread would be a good place to sound out everyones' opinion and recommendations on a first device purchase and why for those new to Male Chastity. I wholeheartedly recommend one of the CB - XXXX series for a first device for the following reasons.

1. They are relatively inexpensive compared to custom stainless steel devices, thus allowing one to wade into the MC pool to see if the waters fine before jumping in for a full swim. You may find MC is not for you. If so, you are not out a lot of money to find out and these devices are easily resold.

2. The plastic CB series will help to understand how a "trapped ball device"(TBD) works. It will also give you an idea where you stand with regard to base ring sizes. This info is a crucial starting point should you decide to begin the measuring process for a custom metal device.

3. You may be one of the lucky ones that finds the CB series perfect for you and your lifestyle.

The final recommendation is to make sure and buy from an authorized seller so you have a valid warranty should you have a problem with the device and you can also buy replacement parts and accessories. The manufacturer, AL Miller, can point you to an authorized retailer. There are a lot of knock offs out there, especially on Ebay.

What would other experienced wearers recommend for a first device for folks new to MC and why :?: ????
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
gungadn

Re: Device Recommendation for New Users

Post by gungadn »

4. Your body WILL adjust to wearing the device over time. So, the ring size and spacers that "fit" will change over time. If you get the CB series (as suggested by wishful4), you can start out with large rings and spacers that are comfortable. Then, adjust down in size as you get accustomed to the device. This is not an option with a custom device as you have to pay for every ring and change.
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

gungadn wrote:Then, adjust down in size as you get accustomed to the device. This is not an option with a custom device as you have to pay for every ring and change.
This is also not an option with some of the odd devices, like BIrdlock, which is a one-piece. The Bon4 has 2 sizes, so that is marginally better.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

wishful4 wrote:The final recommendation is to make sure and buy from an authorized seller so you have a valid warranty should you have a problem with the device and you can also buy replacement parts and accessories. The manufacturer, AL Miller, can point you to an authorized retailer. There are a lot of knock offs out there, especially on Ebay.
One place I found that is great with service and speed is http://www.keptforher.com/
They back their sale of devices with a one year warranty. I don't know of any other venders that do this.

I once placed an order from them at 1AM on a Friday night normal shipping. I received the package on Tuesday!

They also sell each replacement part for the CB series.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Tasholeo

Post by Tasholeo »

i may be biased since this is the route i took, but i believe that there are two CBs crutial for initial wear prior to buying a custom one. Those are the CB6K (or probably any regular CB series) and the CK6K short. I had thought the CB6K was pretty comfortable (minus pinching as probably all sectional A rings it seems) but once i started wearing i soon learned that smaller really was better (though with a bit of a wider girth i didn't like the side vent holes in either but esp. the short). As i've recently posted i based the sizing of my new steelheart off of the short model because of the comfort difference between the two. I'm pretty average lenght and as i said a bit more girthy, but i still found the short to be a much better choice. So, i recomend the these two because you can gain a solid understanding of what works best for you at the least minimal expense since both cages work with the same rings. this way you can get a real side by side comparision to know what works best for you. I also recomend several months (maybe minimum of 6, though breaks are expected) of wearing them before a custom purchase, i'm sure most here can attest that it takes some time and experimenting for your body to settle in with what works best. I started off barely getting into the largest ring of the CB6K and in the end found the middle ring was the most comfotable (paired with the short model)

This is just my two cents worth... i'm no expert by any means..
0 x
Currently locked in the Steelheart - 11/29/11
Last O - 11/29/11
Owns a Steelheart, CB6K and a CB6KS
McAndrew

Post by McAndrew »

I know this is cheap and from China, but if you are just dipping your 'toe' in the water, I found it ideal.
It's all stainless steel, it's comfortable, invisible under cloths, well made, there are no issues with cleaning and peeing standing up is easy.

As mentioned in several places here, being very short it doesn't give an erection any space to start pulling, but maybe too small for long term use.

It's for sale all over the place, but heres a link.
0 x
McAndrew

Post by McAndrew »

LastToKnow wrote:Do the welds have the same rust issues as the Jailhouse from Extreme Restraints?
Surprisingly it seems very well made. The welds are neat and appear to be made from the same good quality stainless.

The only issue I had was that the hinged ring isn't held quite closed and can pinch. So I have coated the ring with clear heat shrink. This fills the gap and makes it generally more comfortable.

Apart from that, it is comfortable, really discrete under clothing, no problem pissing standing up, no cleaning issues, small enough to stop erections setting hold and I can't see any way I could get out.
0 x
fatal70

Post by fatal70 »

I have a pa what is a good device that I can whear with my pa
0 x
Tasholeo

Post by Tasholeo »

Ive not tried any other device with my PA, but steelworxx and thier PA fixing is 100% secure and very comfortable (if you use the right jewelery). some of the other ones out there that have a fixing that go through the divice seem to me they would put a lot of stress on the piercing cause they do not allow much if any room to move as you grow and shrink. just my two cents...
0 x
Currently locked in the Steelheart - 11/29/11
Last O - 11/29/11
Owns a Steelheart, CB6K and a CB6KS
Whizbang

Post by Whizbang »

fatal70 wrote:I have a pa what is a good device that I can whear with my pa
I *don't* recommend the PA-5000. This was my first device--sort of a surprise from my partner.

I'm a grower. This particular device put a lot of stress on my piercing. My gauge is rather larger than the standard rings they provide, which may have been the problem. However, while this device made me realize exactly how much I enjoyed chastity, I just can't possibly wear it for a sustained amount of time without risking a meatotomy.
0 x