CB6000s Base Ring Abrasions

For the gearheads in the audience
HeldForHer

CB6000s Base Ring Abrasions

Post by HeldForHer »

Anyone have this problem? Thanks!
Last edited by HeldForHer on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
all_in_power_less

Re: CB6000s Base Ring Abrasions

Post by all_in_power_less »

This is exactly the reason why we are going for steel....

Waiting for Steelworxx Looker 01
0 x
poor

Post by poor »

it's a pinch/stress point. Going to steel isn't the answer; it happens on those devices too.

Going to a tighter ring & longer spacer might be worth a try. More supportive (but not tight) underwear may also help.
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
HeldForHer

Post by HeldForHer »

Aren't the steel base rings such as MM Jailbird solid?
Last edited by HeldForHer on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

To answer your question, yes the MM rings are very smooth solid rings. There are some companies that produce metal base rings with hinges or rings that you assemble together that create a seam.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
nommie

Post by nommie »

If your getting pinched at those points, which are most likely from the gappage/roughness, try using a piece of scotch tape to fill in the little lines and gap. See if that resolves it. When I was using my CB I made sure that I sanded it out around the a-ring and all attachment points to minimize pinch points. Tape tends to work well to try to isolate the issue and resolve it.
0 x
happyman1

Post by happyman1 »

HeldForHer wrote:I'm sometimes getting abrasion from the CB6000s base ring where the top piece with the pins mates with the base ring itself. If I go to the larger ring the problem goes away but it is too loose. If this wasn't a problem, I could go to the next smaller ring I think (1.75"). I'm currently using the smallest spacer. A larger spacer didn't make any difference. I've only been wearing this for about 6 weeks and am pretty much 24/7 with it so maybe I'm still just getting used to it?

Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions? Thanks!
I did have t
He same issue. The base ring wouldn't stay up against the body and would chafe and cause irritation. I went back to the next larger base ring and kept having one ball slide out. Then I went to a smaller size ring. This seem to help. Fits better. Of course there was a "break in" period with the smaller size, but now seems to be fine. I can't help but think a custom fit device like a JB or Steelworx would be a better fit and comfort.
0 x
currently in a CB6000s