how much growth room did you leave in your cusom device?

For the gearheads in the audience
Locked4Xtine

how much growth room did you leave in your cusom device?

Post by Locked4Xtine »

How snug is your custom tube?

Did you leave just a few mm extra at the end or is there regularly a centimeter or more of space at the end of your cage?

Does your flaccid member pretty much fill out the diameter of the tube or did you get a slightly larger size so your cock has room to grow?

I'm asking because I cannot decide whether to get a 70mm, 75mm or 80mm tube.

As far as i can tell the total length of my CB6000S with smallest spacer is around 84mm, occasionally I fill it out the whole day at work, each time i pee i'm nicely in place.
Most days though normally im 1 or 2cm away from the end of the tube, 3.5cm away when at my smallest.

Part of me wants to get a 70-75mm tube so I can line up with the pee slot 24/7 but then I worry about where do I grow when I get hard at night.
The CB6000 has that large helmet shaped bulb at the end too which helps with erections, and steelworxx/ mature metal devices seem to be more regular the whole way along, so I wonder if it is better to get a 38mm diameter tube, even though i fill out the 35mm section of the CB6000 very well. Again to give myself room to grow, but this may be uncomfortable while flaccid.

So if people could please share their choices and how it worked out with regard to night time erections I would appreciate it.

Merry Chastity!
0 x
Atone
Re: how much growth room did you leave in your cusom device?

Post by Atone »

I have to believe the 38mm tube is pretty big, you might want to find something (plumbing tube or similar) that size and play with it a while. I think the 35mm tube is fairly big, probably about the same as my CB3000.

I understand the idea of having a shorter device to keep it lined up all the time but the reality is that doesn't usually work that well. You will almost always have times when you shrink away from the end, I don't think you could make the tube short enough to prevent that.

Giving yourself room to grow is more likely to be uncomfortable when erect than while flaccid. Seems counter intuitive but many of us have experienced this. I have one tube that is so small (32mm) I can barely get in to it and it stays that way all the time. It is super comfortable during erections, especially nocturnals. The problem is that even though there is no room for movement it seems to always end up not lined up :) When that happens I get a little leakage out the top of the tube (steelheart) when I pee. It doesn't do it all the time but you never know when and it can be a little messy. I have been trying the larger 35mm tube for a while, it has never happened in this tube.
0 x
Locked4Xtine

Post by Locked4Xtine »

well i guess i will forget about the plan to get a 38mm tube.

How much room do you have at the end normally?
If nighttime erections are more comfortable in your narrow tube, does the same logic apply to length? As in the less room there is to grow the more comfortable it is?

really seems counter intuative, if so much of your erection is in your body pushing the device away doesnt that put crazy pressure on your balls?

Re: the pee issue you have, if i get a steelworxx i'm planning on getting a crossfire, so no pee issues hopefully, bathing my cock in pee put me off the steelheart even though it looks awesome
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Locked4Xtine wrote:well i guess i will forget about the plan to get a 38mm tube.
I'm not saying don't get it, just find a reference so you have a better idea of what you are getting.
Locked4Xtine wrote:How much room do you have at the end normally?
Anywhere from none to 20mm. I have a new 35mm tube being made that is about 10mm shorter.
Locked4Xtine wrote:If nighttime erections are more comfortable in your narrow tube, does the same logic apply to length? As in the less room there is to grow the more comfortable it is?
In my experience yes. There are others though that have not found that to be true.
Locked4Xtine wrote:really seems counter intuative,
like so much of male chastity :)
Locked4Xtine wrote: if so much of your erection is in your body pushing the device away doesnt that put crazy pressure on your balls?
No. Hard to explain but it is like the whole thing is behind the cage so instead of trying to rip your balls off it pushes them out too.
Locked4Xtine wrote:Re: the pee issue you have, if i get a steelworxx i'm planning on getting a crossfire, so no pee issues hopefully, bathing my cock in pee put me off the steelheart even though it looks awesome
It sounds worse than it is. The smaller tube actually stayed cleaner than the larger one but neither is really a problem.
0 x
kpb57

Post by kpb57 »

Out of the gut, I'd say that the shorter tube also makes itself noticed immediately when a nocturnal erection starts, which will wake you up at first, but after some nights your body and subconscious will react to the confinement on itself, so you don't even notice you had an attempted erection. Longer tubes let the erection go ahead until it is really painful and then it is much harder to "think away".

For everyday use, shorter will also mean more comfortable. OTOH, if your KH likes to play around with you and watch at least some growth, your device should accomodate for that.

I do have room for growth (1 or 1 1/2 cm in length, several mm in width), and she positively likes the feeling of the cage completely filled by a half erection when I cuddle up to her in the morning. If she had no visible sign of my arousal when we touch, she would be kind of disappointed. And I seem to have managed the nocturnals, because I get enough sleep without too many interruptions.

K
0 x
Currently using: Steelworxx Looker 2
Owns: CB6000, Bon4, Sentinel (Copy), Birdcage (Copy), Lovejail, Gerecke Desire (Titanium)
danj

Post by danj »

For my Steelheart I went with my average flaccid length measured at the base to tip (along the top) of my penis (89mm). This was based on measurements I took over a week or so. I've been wearing the SH for about a month, and if anything, I might have gone a mm or 2 larger in length. Even when flaccid, I sometimes feel like the pee hole is too close to the head of my penis. But not a big deal. I'm still very happy with the SH. I went with the 35mm width, which is working out well. I'm not very thick so I have a bit of room when soft. The tube is pretty comfortable when I get hard. It is tight, but not unpleasant. It grabs it in such a way that it is hard to feel stimulation even with vigorous movement...in my view, ideal for a device. I found I could get stimulation in the cb-6000s.
Last edited by danj on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
GracesWickedHubby
Last orgasm: November 27th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by GracesWickedHubby »

Great discussion. I am also planning on moving from a CB-6000s, to a steelworks (most likely crossfire). I'm really struggling to understand how the measurements line up, and what I need. I have had edema issues around my PA with the CB-3000 and Curve, and MUCH less with the CB-6000s.

If i wanted a "clone" of the CB-6000s in the crossfire, anyone know what the measurements would be for that?

Thanks,
Grace's subby
0 x
Grace's wicked hubby
In Curve (old school) since 3/26/2011
Blog at: http://graceshubby.wordpress.com
Scarlett's

Post by Scarlett's »

I have enjoyed this conversation as I am in the process of switching from a CB6000s to a Mature Metal Queen's Keep and appreciate the help. I ordered the sizing rings and am beginning to think the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal applies to the penis as well.* In my most flaccid state, an evanscent one since I have been orgasm free for almost 17 weeks now, I will measure as little as 1 1/8 inch. That seems really small! If I go that small will it be hard to get into? I know about the sock method. I guess I am asking what the downsides to being too snug are.

* My penis is apparently on the small side but it is larger than a sub-atomic particle.
0 x
Scarlett's Rhett
Atone

Post by Atone »

Scarlett's wrote:I ordered the sizing rings and am beginning to think the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal applies to the penis as well.
I think you are correct. Even if you only factor in length and width this is a challenge as they interact with each other. Add in arousal, temp, time of year, time of day, mood, and who knows what else and it is even more difficult.
In my most flaccid state, an evanscent one since I have been orgasm free for almost 17 weeks now, I will measure as little as 1 1/8 inch. That seems really small! If I go that small will it be hard to get into? I know about the sock method. I guess I am asking what the downsides to being too snug are.
That seems really small.

What diameter are you looking at? I would think that any time the length is less than the diameter it would be hard to stay in the device, it would be more like a bowl than a tube.

I had a cage that was 1 1/8" in diameter and that about freaked me out when I first saw it. Turned out to be really comfortable though once I got used to it, took a while though.
0 x
jeank

Post by jeank »

"If I go that small will it be hard to get into? I know about the sock method. I guess I am asking what the downsides to being too snug are."
If it is very snug width wise you can get in using the sock method as you suggest, but if you are looking for longer term wear there is a risk of rubbing leading to some raw bits if there is no possibility for the penis to "slide" a bit. My advice, (worth what it costs?) would be to be a bit generous with width at the back end where the cahe meets scrotum, maybe a tad smaller at the front (MM can do this) but make the length very snug.
0 x