Polycarbonate vs stainless steel base ring

Living the real life under lock and key
duckbert2003

Polycarbonate vs stainless steel base ring

Post by duckbert2003 »

I took several years off and recently started locking up again. I have been using a CB6000S but have ordered a stainless steel cage, mostly for hygienic reasons. I’m interested in opinions about the base ring and how skin pull is affected, any opinions comparing the rounded steel ring vs the more squared off polycarbonate rings. I hopeful that the rounded and possibly smother ring will be easier to wear.
0 x
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Polycarbonate vs stainless steel base ring

Post by sirmebane »

I started with cheap Chinese cages trying to find my way into chastity since plastic just didn't seem like a great idea to me. My few experiences with plastic devices have been very "bitey" in that they are more likely to pinch than steel. Staying clean shaven is a great idea with any cage but I really regretted any stray hairs when I tried plastic.

Your mileage may vary.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
slave d

Post by slave d »

i’m another S/S fan totally though both benefit from a bit of Aveeno hand cream in the mornings !!

MsM’s ld
3 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
inchastityat127

Post by inchastityat127 »

I found the width and “H” shape of polycarbonate rings were very “grabby.” I personally think the smooth edges of SS are MUCH better. But keeping shaved and lotion helps with both.
1 x
LuckyEddie

Post by LuckyEddie »

I also use SS, but am curious about many people mentioning using lotions rather than petroleum jelly (Vaseline for the US/UK crowd). It does not really soak into the skin and provides a more durable level of lubrication in those areas that chafe a bit. Am I missing something here, using lotion instead, other than scent?

Eddie
0 x
inchastityat127

Post by inchastityat127 »

LuckyEddie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:00 am I also use SS, but am curious about many people mentioning using lotions rather than petroleum jelly (Vaseline for the US/UK crowd). It does not really soak into the skin and provides a more durable level of lubrication in those areas that chafe a bit. Am I missing something here, using lotion instead, other than scent?

Eddie
I use lotion (I think it’s unscented) over my entire groin area since she likes it shaved. Moisturizing is needed and helping keep things slightly slippery is a bonus. I wouldn’t want to use petroleum jelly for that as it seems TOO greasy for my personal taste.
0 x
sls01234

Post by sls01234 »

Only use poly we have a couple of metal SS. The wife does not like the look if the metal. Been in my cb6000 for over a 100days clean it daily with qtips and use platinum WET. No issues or smell.
0 x
CB6000
LuckyEddie

Post by LuckyEddie »

inchastityat127 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:33 am
LuckyEddie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:00 am I also use SS, but am curious about many people mentioning using lotions rather than petroleum jelly (Vaseline for the US/UK crowd). It does not really soak into the skin and provides a more durable level of lubrication in those areas that chafe a bit. Am I missing something here, using lotion instead, other than scent?

Eddie
I use lotion (I think it’s unscented) over my entire groin area since she likes it shaved. Moisturizing is needed and helping keep things slightly slippery is a bonus. I wouldn’t want to use petroleum jelly for that as it seems TOO greasy for my personal taste.
I stopped shaving about 2 months ago, after I cut myself pretty good. I now use depilatory cream, Nair makes a sensitive skin version that works well and does not seem to cause any kind of rash or skin irritation. I use it about every 2 weeks and so far its done the trick without blood. I kind of like the lack of blood in my shaving. :) (Make sure you follow the instructions, test every time, etc, this the last place you need your skin burned)

I'm still waiting on my 50mm ring and with the 45mm being just a tad tight the extra lubrication of the jelly is kind of a requirement.

Side Note: Oxy-Shop's package tracking system leaves a great deal to be desired. They have a good variety of products, but it takes a long time to get anything from them and you never really know where its at.

Eddie
0 x
ARK

Post by ARK »

Nair for sensitive skin. I need to try that. How long before stubble start to appear?
0 x
WPS
LuckyEddie

Post by LuckyEddie »

ARK wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:34 am Nair for sensitive skin. I need to try that. How long before stubble start to appear?
5-6 days. Not to bad really, and the cream is pretty cheap as well. WalMart has large bottles for about $12.

Additional Side Note: Just got an email from OxyShop saying that they are opening shops in the US and UK. Should cut down significantly on the shipping time, but I doubt they are going to improve their package tracking system.

Eddie
0 x