Mainstream Media Coverage

Living the real life under lock and key
Dev

Re: Mainstream Media Coverage

Post by Dev »

As time marches on, the mention of chastity belts will stop bringing visions of medieval torture devices, and start bringing visions of "that plastic thing the boy I dated in college liked to wear".
Great line, Mike. Thanks...

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
ARK

Post by ARK »

Came across this old post. Been 13 year and no real media coverage. You would figure Netflix would have something. I do not activity search the media for this topic.

I was wondering if the members 13 year ago would be the big topic in the media is gender definition. I understand male and female. I have no clue about transgender, binary or any of the other terms they use. If you wonder what you are? Check in your jeans.
0 x
WPS
ARK

Post by ARK »

Ohio State University, for example, previously hosted a student-led event about self-pleasure. "Treat Yourself: Masturbation and Self-Exploration," was the workshop's title.

Just read this on Foxnews. A workshop on how to masturbate. Any young boy entering puberty learns that.

One of the purposes of chastity is stop masturbation and focus on your partner’s needs. The mainstream media is going the other direction.
0 x
WPS
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

ARK wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:31 pm The mainstream media is going the other direction.
It seems that 'the media' these days always has some sort of agenda that they want to promote. Was it always this way? I don't know, but I am certainly noticing it more.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

ARK wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:13 pm Came across this old post. Been 13 year and no real media coverage. You would figure Netflix would have something. I do not activity search the media for this topic.

I was wondering if the members 13 year ago would be the big topic in the media is gender definition. I understand male and female. I have no clue about transgender, binary or any of the other terms they use. If you wonder what you are? Check in your jeans.
Netflix has a show called "How To Build a Sex Room." There host (I forget her name) goes around meeting people, asking what they want for a sex room, then bringing in her builder to do the renovation. Pretty standard Reality HGTV sort of format, applied to a sex topic. At one point in each episode, the host brings some toys to introduce to the people as a way of gauging what to build for them. One episode the homeowner was a middle-aged single woman (divorced, I think, but don't remember). The host pulled a chastity cage out of her toy bag, and the woman said something like "Oh, no, not that. Erections are too precious at this age, can't constrain them with one of those."

So, it got mentioned, but not enthusiastically received. Kinda like a lot of guys report when they first bring it up with their wives...
0 x
benny22
Last orgasm: September 27th, 2023

Post by benny22 »

I remember a few things. One of them, already mentioned by @Tom Allen in his blog was this article in Men's Health and it's from 2021. There was also another one, from 2018 by Key Barret published in the Intependent. Apart from that there was an episode in one of Netfix's show Big Mouth (season 6 episode 7). I think if it wasn't a cartoon it would be more convincing.
Apart from the above I didn't hear of any other serious publications in mainstream media. I think there are more articles about growing popularity of anal sex (treated as breaking a taboo), whereas the level of interest in case of male chastity remains more less the same and is extremaly rare. It's sad :( it looks that nothing has changed in the last 20 years.
1 x
Cobra 3D, HTv2 small