Nighttime Erections & Blue Balls -- Any Health Risks?

Living the real life under lock and key
slinky

Nighttime Erections & Blue Balls -- Any Health Risks?

Post by slinky »

As someone still relatively new to chastity, I've been a little concerned about this. At night, I am often awoken with a straining erection. This is not a surprise. The part that concerns me is that when I am awoken like this, my balls are a lovely shade of blue. A larger ring size can alleviate this problem a bit, but then my device hangs a little too loose. (Using the CB series at the moment.)

I am aware that being awoken by nighttime erections now and then is to be expected, but I'm concerned that blood flow to the region may be too constricted at these times. I don't think the blue balls ever last that long, and they always return to their regular color quickly once the erection subsides, but I can't say for certain how long the balls might have been blue before I was woken up.

So, when you awake with a nighttime "erection", do you expect to see a pair of blue balls? Or, for health reasons, is it important that you pick a ring size large enough to allow blood flow even during these erection events?
0 x
wishful4

Re: Nighttime Erections & Blue Balls -- Any Health Risks?

Post by wishful4 »

slinky,

IMHO, blue balls are not good. I think there would be health risks if it continued for too long. However, I'm not a health care pro, so maybe someone more knowledgeable will weigh in. I think every device wearer probably has some discomfort with morning erections from time to time. Usually, urination gives some relief. Only one time has it been so uncomfortable that I finally asked for the device to be removed for a short time.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

I awake often with a straining, sometimes painful hard in the tube penis with my balls so swollen they look like they'll pop. lol. I always look and I've had a nice pink color to them so I don't worry too much and it is always relieved in a few minutes with some distracting morning activities. (making coffee, feeding the dogs, peeing, etc.) I would however not think the same if I saw any discoloration. "Blue Balls" should just be a saying. I wear a metal device though. Maybe someone who wears a CB series will chime in. I hear there are different ways to use the spacers and such to solve those problems.
0 x
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

I just spotted this in the members lounge and thought it would help. I don't know how to link to the post so I'm quoting it here.
Tom Allen wrote:
wishful4 wrote: Marci, when PJ attempts to erect in his chastity device, it will feel like you are holding his member tightly with your hand. His thoughts will be of you and only you when it happens. I am one that sleeps in a device, as well. When I am pressed up against my spouse's body in bed, there are times that it just swells and throbs inside my cage. I told my spouse this as we were cuddling one night, and she said, "Good, let it throb for me". The longer PJ remains locked, the more frequently erection attempts may occur. Eventually, he may erect on just a sexy look from you or just being in the same room with you, depending how long he has been denied. Whether it is painful or not depends on how well his device fits and how intense the erection is. The early morning erections can be trying at times but usually can be relieved by urinating.
Umm... wow.

Yeah, what he said. That's almost exactly how it works with me.

Seriously, it will be painful at first, so don't worry about making the device too secure. Leave it loose (i.e., larger cuff rings and spacers) and just spend several weeks getting accustomed to wearing a device. As your body adapts, then move to a smaller ring for more security (making it more difficult to escape the device). It will probably take a month or two in order to get to point where 24/7 wear is both comfortable and secure. This is perfectly normal.
0 x
Edgewood

Post by Edgewood »

I'm in a 6000s and if I had any discoloration I would move up to the next size ring. Our experiences sound pretty similar in that I would love to be in the next smaller ring for security but my balls just can't handle it. I have tried to make the move several times but to no avail. Then I had to live with being able to pull out.

Today I had some KSD-G3 security inserts show up and I think they are going to work just fine. With the inserts my balls are not constricted any more than they were but my pull out option is pretty much not there any more. Love it!
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

If your skin is turning blue, it is a sign of a lack of oxygen in the blood, often caused by a circulation problem. If they feel 'cold' to the touch it is also a sign of a circulation problem. They should not be allowed to remain in this condition (on a certain other site I've seen some individuals entertaining [fantasies of] castration, but that sort of thing kind of squicks me out).
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
slinky

Post by slinky »

Thanks for the input, everyone. That is important to know that even though nighttime erections are typical, discoloration is not.

I will stick with larger ring sizes for a while, at least for when I go to sleep. When possible, I'll wear the smaller rings during the day and see if my body adapts to them that way. I have had no problem with a smaller ring during the day. It's just at night when I awake with a straining erection that may have been there for a while that I have seen the discoloration.
0 x