comfort issues with JB

Living the real life under lock and key
lockednut

comfort issues with JB

Post by lockednut »

Ive been wearing my new mm jb for a few weeks and am finding it gives me ball burn. I use an oval ring. Its is the underside of my scrotum usually although I did have a problem with one side of my scrotum but I think that was slightly abrasive underwear.
The ball burn comes and goes and hasn't left any sores so I haven't had to remove the cage but it is still not the best. I put a silicone lube on the ring every morning and night.
Any suggestions to help stop the problem would be welcome - but im hoping it will stop on its own. any advice would be gratefully recievd .

LN
0 x
Tame Lion

Re: comfort issues with JB

Post by Tame Lion »

The ring is probably too small.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Tame Lion wrote:The ring is probably too small.
Could be- I experimented last week-end with the smallest ring of the CB3k and had a similar issue. Lube seemed to mitigate it somewhat but I could only stand two days and nights. I'm wondering if [in my case] being shaved would improve the results, and/or a mm or two larger on the ring...searching for the Holy Grail- escape-proof without being tortured with constant pain.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
lockednut

Post by lockednut »

Not sure about that. I had the same idea but I use a 2 in ring which is the same as the cb6000 s I used for years. The only difference is the profile of the ring and the fact that the JB one is oval.

It did occur to me that the gap might be too small. Has anyone managed to bend the post on the ring out a little and if so how did you do it without damaging it? Do you need heat?

Thanks
0 x
mellyshubby

Post by mellyshubby »

You can bend it without heat, just go slow. I thought mine needed to be narrower, so I bent it in. After a day or so I had comfort issues, so I moved it back first chance I got.
0 x
Husband of MellyKH
Securely locked 24/7 in either a Jail Bird or Watchful Mistress
Atone

Post by Atone »

lockednut wrote:
It did occur to me that the gap might be too small. Has anyone managed to bend the post on the ring out a little and if so how did you do it without damaging it? Do you need heat?

Thanks
This was going to be my suggestion. In my experience the gap being too small is what normally causes this. Going to a larger ring will usually result in a larger gap so in some ways that will also mitigate the situation but as an indirect result.

On my Jailbird I was able to increase the gap by carefully (and slowly) bending the post. I did this by locking the cage together (so everything stayed lined up) and then using a wedge made out of a block of wood to spread the gap open.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I had the same issue with my new Watchful Mistress and bending the post up, thus increasing my gap size made all the difference. You can do it yourself if you be careful and like Atone said, use a piece of hard wood and you won't do damage to the stainless.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
go where i am told

Post by go where i am told »

I thought ball burn = gap too. I carefully opened mine about 1/16 of an inch, and it helped.
0 x
Albert Steel

Post by Albert Steel »

..searching for the Holy Grail- escape-proof without being tortured with constant pain.
Ok so I'm new to this thing as well as the forum, but have been reading it quite actively for the past few months, and very quickly chose to solve the escape problem by getting a piercing.
For me the escape would have been a mental issue since what's the point of having a chastity device if your penis is still just there to grab out of the tube? I know there's always the honour system, it's just a play and so on, but I love the fact that the cage comes off only when my KH decides so - and I (we) can concentrate on the dynamics of this whole thing.

I think I could actually use a bit smaller base ring with my device (the looker) but with the PA lock having one of a comfortable size is not a security issue and the whole thing seems to keep in place nicely.

Just saying that for me it seems the Grail is just a small pinch and a few months healing and stretching away.

Now I'm actually wondering what are the arguments why it would not be / isn't so, from the people who've been into this for let's say years and gone down the piercing road, now having those 2" gauge rings etc ;)

I do respect the fact that some people just find the idea of piercing not to their liking. I had thought of a PA once or twice earlier as an interesting thing so I guess my point of view was positive towards it from the second I realised you could use one as means of "security". And knew I needed one when the bon4 metal dropped to the floor in the shower when I checked how easy or difficult it is to escape (after reading this forum, you damn escape artists)

Sorry if this is a bit off the topic, though I do personally think this is a way to solve the often mentioned ring comfortability issues as well.
0 x
mcn

Post by mcn »

What is the original base ring i.d. (before it was turned into an oval?) And what is the i.d. of the cage rings?

If the two are very different in size, then the base ring can be "squished" more. If the two are close in size, then the base ring can't be "squished" as much.

If you have a vise, you might try reducing the amount of the "oval" in the ring, by returning it closer to a "round" ring shape again.

Depending on how much the base ring was "deformed," and how "different" in size the base ring is from the cage rings, then changing the shape of the base ring a bit might help.
0 x