Mature Metal Queen's Keep - Initial Review

For the gearheads in the audience
jeank

Mature Metal Queen's Keep - Initial Review

Post by jeank »

Have seen a couple of mentions here about MM's new Queen's Keep design, which is basically a Jailbird front / Watchful Mistress back hybrid.

Having started with a CB3K, which I can wear 24/7 with no physical comfort problems (but see below), I bought a Jailbird from MM about a year ago. Both I and my KH loved the cage, but we were able to use it only sporadically as i have a particularly awkward shaped anaomy (very high and tight ball sack) and I found that the back ring of the jailbird was just too wide in comparison with the base ring to enable me to get a long term comfortable fit. This in spite of every attempt by MM to find a combo that would work for me, including producing a 5/16" dia base ring as I found the standard 1/4" one dug in a bit.

I was in discussion with him about getting a watchful mistress to solve this once and for all when he announced the new Queens Keep design, and I went for that, as:

1. The back "ring", being flat, is 1/4" less outside diameter than the Jailbird, which gives significant more side clearance over the base ring and
2. I find the hygiene aspects of the Jailbird excellent - being uncut, I can push my foreskin back with a Q tip and wash every morning with the shower head, which does a lot for reducing smell, in addition to the open design making overall cleanliness MUCH easier - you don't get stickily sweaty.

So I got it 2 weeks ago and have the following observations:

1. In comparision with the Jailbird, it looks as good if not better (or so Mrs KH says)
2. The back ring being flatter, it fits the base of the penis noticeably more snugly than the Jailbird (which was pretty snug). I haven't tried hard, but I think pull out would be difficult and getting back in even more so.
3. It fits - from the feel of the first few days I think I'm in it 24/7.........

Overall I am very pleased with it - his best yet and recommendable to anyone. Plus, as always, the attention he gives to customer service is second to none.

For those who don't have any experience of MM devices, the steel design has a lot of advantages over the polycarbonate CBXK series:

1. For me, being a grower (1 3/4" flaccid to 5 1/2" erect), the tubes are too long on the CB - for real comfort you need a custom length/diameter - and 1/4" either way in length or 1/16" in diameter makes a huge difference

2. I have no problem with the physical comfort side of my CB3K (other than the tube being too long), and I think the CB series design is very well thought out and well productised. HOWEVER, being encased in plastic all day is a real pain with hygiene and cleanliness, particularly if you are uncut and your KH likes to keep you locked 24/7 with an occasional short break.

3. There is a big mental thing about being in stainless steel. It's kind of odd, as although security is not a huge thing with us, (it is a matter of honour that if Mrs KH locks me up, that is how I stay until she decides otherwise), with the CB3K I knew I could always cut through the locking post with a hacksaw blade in about 30 seconds. With the MM device, I don't know how I'd get it off without the keys, and that really adds something - I feel "more locked" - daft maybe, but real.

So in summary - the Queen's Keep is a good design and really does combine the advantages of both the WM and JB.
0 x
wishful4

Re: Mature Metal Queen's Keep - Initial Review

Post by wishful4 »

One thing you did not mention is; does the QK curve down as much as the JB? I have discussed this with MM and he says that he cannot curve down the other models as much as the JB which would make them stick out more thus being more noticable under clothing. You did not say, but I assume your two devices are the same length. When you put them side by side, which curves down more?
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
MikeyLikes

Post by MikeyLikes »

I am also awaiting my QK - I had just received an email the other day that it's completed and ready to be shipped. Now just have to wait for it too get to Canada.

In any event, am glad to hear a positive review of this device, and cannot wait to get mine.
0 x
jeank

Post by jeank »

Wishful4 -

The downward curve is the same as the JB.
I haven't been able to do a direct comparison as I'm locked, but if anything the curve on the QK is more than the JB - mine is 1 3/4" inside tube length, so quite short and it hangs down, so there is no poroblem with it showing - certainly a lot less bulky than the CB3K.
As he hand makes all his cages, there is a slight variation cage to cage anyway.
Hope this is helpful
0 x
Scarlett's

Post by Scarlett's »

I am currently in a CB6000S and doing OK. Like many others I see myself in steel someday. One of my criteria for a new unit is being able to pee standing up. As long as I keep the CB well lubed, I can manage the urinal most of the time. This is despite the fact that the CB is about one half inch too long.

How does the Jailbird-like end to the Queens Keep work viz urination? Do the horizontal bars at the end disturb the flow of urine? Before the Queens Keep arrived I had pictured myself going with either the Watchful Mistress or the Pet Trap and have Mature Metal not install the horizontal bars. The Queens Keep has me rethinking things because of the benefits associated with the open cage of the Jail Bird or Queens Keep.

Thanks.
0 x
Scarlett's Rhett
jeank

Post by jeank »

I'll have to pass that to someone else who is circumcised - being uncut there is no way to pee without spraying, as my foreskin is squashed up behind the bars making direction completely unpredictable, so I just sit. I found the same thing with the CB3K.

But anything that applies to the Jailbird will apply to the QK as the front end is identical.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I was wondering where you found a picture of this. I looked at MM's web site and couldn't find it. It sounds similar to what MM and I were working on for us. There were reasons that I gave in this post why we were going for this design. I had a post describing it and a concept drawing in May. http://www.chastityforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6475

I am curious if the Queens Keep looks like it. If it is similar, I can give some tips. There were measurement and fit problems that we ran into. We were able to solve them but, if someone was to order one maybe it would help.

Here is a picture of mine.
dc 1.jpg
dc 1.jpg (40.73 KiB) Viewed 14167 times
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
gungadn

Post by gungadn »

The Queen's Keep has been added to his site:
http://www.maturemetal.com/chastity-devices/queens-keep
Complete with pictures
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
jeank

Post by jeank »

Well, it’s now been just over a month and I thought it worthwhile to give an update

After 2 weeks I felt some discomfort at the bottom of my penis, so was allowed to investigate. Small raw spot where the bottom of the back cage band had rubbed.
Fortunately, I’d had the same problem up front with the CB3K, so tried the same solution, which was to sand down the “sharp” (not really, but enough to cause me grief) edge of the bottom of the back cage band.

It takes longer with stainless steel than with plastic, but after about 30 mins with 180 grade fabric backed emery paper it looked and felt much smoother.

The sore spot healed after a couple of days so I was back in. Now been another two weeks and no discomfort (other than the fact I’ve gone 5 weeks with no orgasm).

Definitely the most comfortable device I’ve worn.
0 x