Resin strength

For the gearheads in the audience
Macy has keys
Last orgasm: October 12th, 2021
Resin strength

Post by Macy has keys »

In general, not asking about any specific device, is resin strong enough for long tern use?
0 x
Married to Lock me ❤️ 🗝
Curtis
Last orgasm: July 23rd, 2023
Orgasms this year: 14
Re: Resin strength

Post by Curtis »

I have tried two resin HT knock-offs. In both cases the resin was strong enough to stand up to everyday use without breaking, but after a while body heat would make the whole thing pliable enough that I could easily take it off.
1 x
Pennsylvania, USA
Kilted and caged. Currently in a Cherry Keeper with Headlock.
slave d

Post by slave d »

I’ve had trouble with genuine HTs splitting at joints exactly the same way plastic does and the issue is I have no idea how to repair them. Had one replaced under guarantee by HT but when that split after 3 months they wouldn’t replace it again. It put me off paying extra for the real thing totally and I never have again. I’ve yet to find any knockoff that it resin, they’re all just plastic that I’ve bought but that’s actually better in my view because it can’t get too soft and it’s easy to work with if need be.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

There are different materials, many of the knock offs aren't that great, either too brittle or become pliable bit some do a good job.

I've been locked in a genuine Cobra 60 to 70% of the last 2 years with no issues (month plus durations with breaks in between). It doesn't become pliable with body heat and cleans easily with a spray shower head.

I'm an active persons and it holds up great. I really like the lighter weight than metal.
0 x
BlackoutDevices

Post by BlackoutDevices »

Engineer wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:51 am There are different materials, many of the knock offs aren't that great, either too brittle or become pliable bit some do a good job.

I've been locked in a genuine Cobra 60 to 70% of the last 2 years with no issues (month plus durations with breaks in between). It doesn't become pliable with body heat and cleans easily with a spray shower head.

I'm an active persons and it holds up great. I really like the lighter weight than metal.
A genuine Cobra is going to be much more durable than most plastic cages as the 3D printing makes it so there are no seam lines to split on.

From there is will depend on the material type and printing process used but that's really only going to matter if you're just getting the cheapest prints available or doing it yourself (I wouldn't trust a PLA material cage printed with FDM)

The Cobras especially (and my Evo and Sport cage) are made with Nylon PA12 which itself is a fairly durable material and done with the MJF process which each layer is bonded together at the same time instead of drawing lines of material
1 x