Shopping for a Jail Bird

For the gearheads in the audience
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Shopping for a Jail Bird

Post by Tom Allen »

cuyahoga wrote: I hate the security screw for not being a lock. The sight of the lock is powerful for me.
I have to agree. Except maybe for a Steekworks device, with their custom S-shaped screw heads - although any screw can be finagled. And while most locks can be finagled, too, the symbolism is more powerful.
0 x
DeltaGeorge

Post by DeltaGeorge »

Can we discuss gap for a moment? It looks like MM goes with 3/8 inch as a standard.

Has anyone taken caliper in hand and compared their designed gap to actual measurements.
I wonder if the gap is measured along the locking post or is it at the widest point down at the bottom?
What are the drawbacks to going with 1/4" gap?
0 x
_lj_

Post by _lj_ »

DeltaGeorge wrote:Can we discuss gap for a moment? It looks like MM goes with 3/8 inch as a standard.

Has anyone taken caliper in hand and compared their designed gap to actual measurements.
I wonder if the gap is measured along the locking post or is it at the widest point down at the bottom?
What are the drawbacks to going with 1/4" gap?
the gap is, as far as I can determine, along the locking post.

I had an issue with my JailBrd, as my left testicle is smaller than the right, and I had two or three extremely painful escapes of the small guy. I looked into getting an alternative base ring but MM refused to make one without having the cage as well. The snag is that I'm in the UK and the two-way shipping cost was expensive and the time delay would amount to several weeks, plus however long MM took to do the job. So I broke out the CAD and vernier gauge and designed my own version and got a local metalworker to make it.(and a fine job he has made of it, indistinguishable from the original and with the same grade stainless steel.

In doing so, I made lots of measurements in 3D, and discovered that as the cage ring centre is offset from the ring centre, and add in I prefer the oval base ring, the gap varies considerably around the two rings. I chose to use the shortest line between the opposing faces of the rings as the critical measurement, as that's what stops the testicle passing through, and found that on my original set-up the gap was approx 12.5mm. I then used this measurement to design the "gap" along the ring post, with the widest part of the oval being the determining dimension. The consequence is that for the larger diameter base ring, the "gap" along the ring post decreases by a couple of mm.

I have just repeated the exercise with a base ring smaller than the first, as I want to experiment with the comfort aspect of a smaller or larger ring. Cost me £30 for both new base rings and I am continuously locked whilst the new versions are being made. Sorry, MM.
0 x
MM Jailbird
DeltaGeorge

Post by DeltaGeorge »

I'm trying to avoid those painful escapes again.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

3/8 inch gap caused me to have severe "ball burn.' I could not wear the JB for more than a couple of hours. I sent it back to Mature Metal. At Mistress MM's suggestion, William widened the gap by only 1/16 inch, and I can wear it indefinitely now.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
DeltaGeorge

Post by DeltaGeorge »

Does anyone else relate a narrow gap and ball burn?
0 x
DeltaGeorge

Post by DeltaGeorge »

Well, I've been working my way through the sizing kit and was stuck at the 1 5/8" ring. Stuck as in not being able to get in. However, the 1 3/4" ring would let two fingertips in. This afternoon I took a nap with a nice warm blanket and while I was nice and warm the smaller ring slid into place. It is firm, one finger goes in to the first knuckle but two fingers will barely start.
0 x
DeltaGeorge

Post by DeltaGeorge »

Sizing complete. Waiting...
0 x
DeltaGeorge

Post by DeltaGeorge »

Week one of six to eight complete.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I vividly recall what you are feeling. Time drags interminably.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.