Chastity Cage (Queenskeep) sizing questions

For the gearheads in the audience
RBC

Chastity Cage (Queenskeep) sizing questions

Post by RBC »

Yep, another one of those, I'm sorry :-(

My wife and I decided to purchase a custom made chastity cage, since none ot the cages we already have fit really well. (See my other thread on this matter)
To be on the safe side, we ordered the sizings rings, but I'm still unsure which size I should pick in the end...

A-ring: The 1 7/8" ring (4.76cm) ring seems to fit well enough, with the 1 3/4" (4.44cm) being a bit tighter, however after wearing the second ring for a few hours there is a burning sensation at the bottom of the ring. Does my body more-or-less get used to it and it disappears, or should I choose the bigger one? (I'm not able to slip my balls through the 1 5/8" ring in a comfortable manner)
Round or oval comes down to personal perference, or anything else I should consider.

Cage Length. On average I get 3.54 (9cm) and the lowest measurements are 3.14 (8cm). Should I substract 1/4" or 1/2"? I'm a grower, if that helps.

Cage diameter: The 1 3/8" (3.49cm) ring fits comfortable but appears to be on the looser end. When I look down with my penis up and if I adjust the ring, it appears there is some space left on the sides. The 1 1/4" (3.17cm) ring is tigther, but it is also compressing my penis a bit.

My problem with my old cages (quick summary): When wearing the HT2 or a CB6Ks knock-off my penis slips partially out over the night. It seems to grow at the very base and keeps pushing and when the cage can't be pushed down any more, it slips partially out at the base, forming a strange (and uncomfortable curve). Sometimes, when wearing the HT2, only the head of my penis remains inside. The CB6Ks fits better, but since my glans protudes from the urinal slot it can get rather pinchy. (The slip out also happens with the CB6Ks, but it happens sooner with the HT2: 1 night vs. 2-3 nights).

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Gap: In relation to my measurements, any recommendations?
0 x
Locked by LRC

Re: Chastity Cage (Queenskeep) sizing questions

Post by Locked by LRC »

A ring - I would suggest ordering both sizes. As time goes on, and your body adjusts, you may need a smaller ring. The problem is you have to send the whole device back.

Cage - I would suggest splitting the difference, 3.25". The subtraction from this would be the gap.

Cage diameter - Tough one here. Some like a little room, some like a "grippy" feeling. Tighter would help with the nightly slippage. Talk with MM and see if he can stretch a 1 1/4".

Gap - 3/8" is the most common. MM can adjust this for you after the device is made.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
RBC

Post by RBC »

Locked by LRC wrote:A ring - I would suggest ordering both sizes. As time goes on, and your body adjusts, you may need a smaller ring. The problem is you have to send the whole device back.
That is a good idea, even though it will be more expensive in the beginning, I think it will actually save money :-)
Locked by LRC wrote: Cage - I would suggest splitting the difference, 3.25". The subtraction from this would be the gap.
Also a good idea, meanwhile I keep measeuring-
Locked by LRC wrote: Cage diameter - Tough one here. Some like a little room, some like a "grippy" feeling. Tighter would help with the nightly slippage. Talk with MM and see if he can stretch a 1 1/4".
What I started to wonder is that a looser cage miight actually prevent nightly slippage more. The reason for this is twofold. First, it happens more in my HT2 which is tigther; second, it might just be that the penis doesn't slip back in, but the slipping out process happens over quite a while. By this I mean it pushed out a little, but is unable to slip back in due to the cage's tightness. (Something similar happened with the birdcage of a real pet-bird of mine when I was a child. The gate of the birdcage seemed relatively loose and the bird was able to slide it up. Afraid that he might actually be able to open it, we tigthened the cage, which resulted in the bird being actually abe to get it open, since it got stuck.)
Locked by LRC wrote: Gap - 3/8" is the most common. MM can adjust this for you after the device is made.
On my CB6Ks the gap I'm currently using is 3/8", any smaller and it starts pinching. But this might also be because the cage is a little to small for and there is some loose skin at the bottom of the cage.

Sizing rings: How long should I wear them? I tried one overnight, but this doesn't seem like the right approach. Is a few hours during the day fine?
0 x
_lj_

Post by _lj_ »

personally I would go with the shorter length cage, and also a snug fit for diameter. Also, MM will include the gap in the length measurement of the cage, so just measure the length and tell them what it is, they will do the rest, as the gap and ring metal are all part of the length measurement when wearing the device.

In my experience, starting with a snug fit for length and diameter means you don't expand significantly on erection - I am also a "grower" - so there is none of the tension on the scrotum or swelling of the shaft, as it is all enclosed, unlike a poorly fitting device (I also had a CB6000S which wasn't comfortable as it allowed a partial erection)
0 x
MM Jailbird
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Some good advice here. The main thing is to get the cage diameter right because it can't be changed. Everything else can for a nominal price. You will have some burning on the bottom of the scrotum until you get used to wearing the new device. Use a little dab of lotion and massage frequently.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
RBC

Post by RBC »

Thanks again for your responses :-)
wishful4 wrote:Some good advice here. The main thing is to get the cage diameter right because it can't be changed. Everything else can for a nominal price.
Which is why, I created this thread in the first place. That being said, I don't want to change my cage due to additional postal fees, etc.

@_lj_ So you'd say that I should pick the snugger/tighter diameter, instead of the little bit looser one?

When measuring with a ruler, my diameter is about 1.29in (3.3cm) when measuring sideways. The tigther ring has a 1.25in diameter, the bigger ring a 1.375.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

I understand you'd like to get it right the first time, we all did. However, the likelihood of that happening is slim. You are trying to hit a moving target in sizing. The base ring that fits in the Summer months may not fit as well in the Winter months. If you have not been a regular wearer, you are going to have some "discomfort" with any size base ring until the skin around your scrotum toughens up sort of like your fingertips playing the guitar. Given the same size base ring, a larger diameter cage will grip your scrotum tighter than the smaller diameter cage. Your shaft is spongy and will adjust to a snug cage and, in the long term, you may find that it is more comfortable. It is good advice to get 2 base rings sizes up front if you can afford to. This is because you are actually purchasing 4 possible ring sizes. MM can stretch a base ring by 1/16 of an inch. You will already have 2 rings mated to your cage and the costs used to be $10 plus shipping (just under $6 in a USPS flat rate box) to send it back to MM to fine tune the sizing. Believe me, that's much cheaper than what I did, mis-size the cage requiring purchasing a new device. My last bit of advice is to be patient. Don't attempt wearing your device for a few days then decide it doesn't fit. It takes longer than you think to "wear in" to a new device. Months, not weeks. If you are in this for the long haul, give it the time it deserves. Okay, nuff said! Happy to answer more questions if you have them.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

wishful4 wrote:... My last bit of advice is to be patient. Don't attempt wearing your device for a few days then decide it doesn't fit. It takes longer than you think to "wear in" to a new device. Months, not weeks...
Agree
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
RBC

Post by RBC »

wishful4 wrote:I understand you'd like to get it right the first time, we all did.
That makes sense :D
wishful4 wrote:If you have not been a regular wearer, you are going to have some "discomfort" with any size base ring until the skin around your scrotum toughens up sort of like your fingertips playing the guitar.
I like that comparison.
wishful4 wrote:Given the same size base ring, a larger diameter cage will grip your scrotum tighter than the smaller diameter cage.
Could you elaborate that, please? I'm not 100% certain I get what you mean.

wishful4 wrote: Your shaft is spongy and will adjust to a snug cage and, in the long term, you may find that it is more comfortable.
So the general consens seems to be to go for the tighter cage.
wishful4 wrote:
It is good advice to get 2 base rings sizes up front if you can afford to. This is because you are actually purchasing 4 possible ring sizes. MM can stretch a base ring by 1/16 of an inch. You will already have 2 rings mated to your cage and the costs used to be $10 plus shipping (just under $6 in a USPS flat rate box) to send it back to MM to fine tune the sizing.
Yeah, that's something I am going to do. While I am able to wear the tighter sizing ring, I'm a little concerned wearing it overnight. But, as you've put it, I might just have to get used to wearing it.
wishful4 wrote:Believe me, that's much cheaper than what I did, mis-size the cage requiring purchasing a new device..
How exactly did you mis-size your cage? What did you get wrong?

wishful4 wrote:My last bit of advice is to be patient. Don't attempt wearing your device for a few days then decide it doesn't fit. It takes longer than you think to "wear in" to a new device. Months, not weeks. If you are in this for the long haul, give it the time it deserves. Okay, nuff said! Happy to answer more questions if you have them.
I intend to be. That being said, I'm quite certain that there is something wrong with my other cages (for me at least), since neither the penis escaping, nor the foreskin swelling, should happen in a correctly sized cage.

Oh, and thanks for your answers :-)
0 x
RBC

Post by RBC »

I'm really concerned about ordering a cage that turns out to be to tight. When wearing the bigger ring, it seems to fit well on first glance, but when looking top-down and slightly pressing on the side, there appears a small open space. This doesn't happen with the smaller ring (except of course, if I press harder, but that defeats the prupose). However, it also seems that the smaller ring slightly compresses my penis, which the bigger one does not do.
I've also always thought that my two plastic cages (CB6ks knock-off, HT2) are to tight, since there is often some urine left after going to the toilet, which sometimes flows out when opening the cage, even though I try really hard to get everything out after going to the toilet. This effect is way worse with the HT2, where I can't seem to get everything out, while peeing works with the CB6ks (which is wider).

The problem is, I wouldn't call the wider ring snug, but I wouldn't call the narrower ring snug but tight...
0 x