MM Jail Bird sizing

For the gearheads in the audience
d23

MM Jail Bird sizing

Post by d23 »

Yep, another one of these posts!

I have a MM Jail Bird and it's the most comfortable cage I have tried by far (compared to the CB6k, HTv2 and a few cheap Chinese JB-like steel devices).

However, I still feel the fit could be improved. For one thing, I think I could go a size smaller on the cage diameter, since when I am completely soft I don't quite touch all the way around.

My real question is about the cage length and base ring. The cage length seems about right when the base ring sits up high, but over a day of walking around the ring inevitably drifts down a bit, and then the cage seems perhaps half an inch too long. This makes peeing tricky without a bunch of awkward adjustment and generally makes the device feel too loose.

It seems like adjusting the base ring diameter or the gap would be the obvious fix. However, when I use a sizing ring that's a size smaller, it becomes very difficult to get a ball through the ring. I worry a smaller size would make getting in and out of the device very difficult and possibly unsafe. Also the gap seems about right now, and I am worried about blood flow problems with a smaller gap (the non-adjustable, rather small gap on the HTv2 makes that device unworkable for me).

What's the best way to remedy the device sliding down? Would the double base ring help reduce the slide, perhaps? Maybe MM can go down half a size on the base ring?
0 x
Michele

Re: MM Jail Bird sizing

Post by Michele »

I don't want to get into a huge post here about sizing while I'm on my phone but yes MM can make a ring smaller in 1/16 of a size but once you go to an in between sized ring it can't be resized again - at least that's what we were told a couple years ago. I was also going to suggest trying a double ring because it gives more surface area and can help with the slippage.

We have the same issue as you, hubby's ring is a great size, anything smaller makes it difficult and slightly painful to get his balls through. He can do it, and the smaller ring fits it's just not as nice getting it on. To be honest, he still has some slipping then too, I just think that's what happens when your bits get warm and you shrink up... You might just need to adjust more often and pull things back down in the cage.

As far as diameter & length, that's hard because I really would have to see it to make suggestions on adjusting that. No that really isn't an attempt to get a dick pic LoL if I wanted that I'd just ask for it straight up :) seriously though, you could always email and I could give my thoughts. I've helped quite a few guys get fitted nicely for their MM devices.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

Lady M, all other things equal, what are your thoughts on how the gap affects stability and particularly issues with sliding down? I'm no expert but I feel like a gap that's too small could actually have the effect of pulling the ring forward or down. As the gap decreases and the distance between the endpoints also decreases, either the cage needs to move towards you, or the ring needs to move away from you. I'm sure that's an oversimplification of the forces involved, but if there's more resistance to the cage moving "up" then the ring must move "down".

Personally, I'm planning to move down a ring size (similar issue as d23), but I also feel like a larger gap might allow the ring to stay in position more naturally by eliminating some downward force.

Just a theory...
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Seems to me, that all the gap does is provide room for your balls/sack- too big and they can pop through, too small and you're always feeling a bit of a pinch.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

TwistedMister wrote:Seems to me, that all the gap does is provide room for your balls/sack- too big and they can pop through, too small and you're always feeling a bit of a pinch.
A simple statement, but a critical measurement! Too big and you have an ineffective device; too small and the bull becomes an ox— in an oh-so-painful way.
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Michele

Post by Michele »

TwistedMister wrote:Seems to me, that all the gap does is provide room for your balls/sack- too big and they can pop through, too small and you're always feeling a bit of a pinch.
True! I don't specifically feel the gap would increase or decrease pull away from the body... That's coming from your cock pushing at the other side of the cage... The gap, I don't feel would effect that other than like mentioned, if too big things are going to pop out! LoL
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast