Anyone know of a good combination lock?

For the gearheads in the audience
attentive_husband

Anyone know of a good combination lock?

Post by attentive_husband »

I need a combination lock that will work with a contender and that the combination can be changed on.

Why? So when I go on business trips I can lock it back on upon arrival and text my wife a picture. Then just before leaving she can text me the combination.

Backup I guess is a realtor lockbox and I FaceTime her and show me locking it up. In which case, any recommendations for that?
0 x
McAndrew

Re: Anyone know of a good combination lock?

Post by McAndrew »

Secure (5 digit+) combination locks are always very bulky, because there's no point in a manufacturer putting a secure code on flimsy metalwork.

What's wrong with plastic tag locks?

I'm traveling in a week and it's another week before my wife arrives. A plastic numbered tag is ideal. It's also very quick to remove in an emergency.
0 x
attentive_husband

McAndrew wrote:What's wrong with plastic tag locks?
Because I will masturbate. We've tried that route.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I don't understand. You can remove a combination lock and masturbate or, you can remove a numbered plastic lock and masturbate. Please explain further why the plastic will not work.

You install the plastic lock and send a picture showing it locked on and the number showing. Once a day, or more often if requested, you take another picture and send it for verification. The meta data will tell that it's a new picture.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
attentive_husband

Locked by LRC wrote:I don't understand. You can remove a combination lock and masturbate or, you can remove a numbered plastic lock and masturbate. Please explain further why the plastic will not work.
If I don't know the combination then when I arrive I lock it - I easily have the willpower to do that. Then my wife texts me the combination 2 hours before my flight time for returning.
0 x
Joroincharge

Post by Joroincharge »

Why not get a lockbox? You can have a normal cb secured with a padlock, and padlock key she secures in a lockbox with 5 digit combo lock. You take lockbox with you, with key inside, and snap padlock in place when she can remotely watch you doing it. You can still only unlock when you get the 5 digit code from her.
0 x