Review: The Contender

For the gearheads in the audience
attentive_husband

Review: The Contender

Post by attentive_husband »

This is my review of The Contender after 4 days of use.

TL;DR: It's perfect.

I'm new to all this and so there is a lot I don't know. But in my limited experience I've found this to be everything I want in a device.

First, the guy who makes these does a great job walking you through the sizing. He disagreed with my initial sizing and got me to carefully check everything. He was right that I gave too large a diameter and got me to check the base ring sizing too. Because of this I ended up with a correctly sized device. And correctly sized is key.

Second, I got it in 3 days. Now the best case is you got to your local Chastity-Devices-R-Us and get one immediately. Second best is order one from a website for delivery the next day. But correct sizing is critical to a good cage and so 3 days is awesome! Ordered on Monday, received on Wednesday. For a perfect device.

The cage is a minimal number of bars. So you still see your penis. Rather than a full tube, or lots of steel, it's minimal. This is nice for wearing 24/7 as you can easily clean with it on. And it doesn't look as imposing as some giant thing that covers everything. So for looks A+.

Next is the question - does it stop you from masturbating. Yep. You can poke your penis with your fingers but no you can't arouse yourself through the bars. So close and yet so far. So for anti-masturbation give it an A.

Then comes security. This is very dependent on both getting a perfect fit and also how your junk is distributed. So your results may be different. But in my case I don't think there's any way I can get my penis out without doing severe physical damage to it, and maybe not even then. And no way I'm getting my balls out. It's securely locked on. For this, an A+.

And finally comes comfort. The biggest issue I've had is I think it's fallen off because I don't feel anything. And that's a scary thought that it's on the floor at work where it fell out. It's that unobtrusive. There's some slight discomfort on my balls because it's a different part of each that rubs against my legs. But that should go away in a couple of days. And sometimes the base ring was pulling on the skin but a bit of lotion resolve that. So for comfort an A+.

I'll close it out with this. I've been wearing it 24/7 since I first put it on for 4 days and I expect to continue to do so until I'm first let out in another 7 days. And this is my first time ever in a chastity device not counting the disastrous 6 hours in my first device. Where usually you have to take your time getting used to a cage - not an issue with the contender.
0 x
slave d

Re: Review: The Contender

Post by slave d »

Couldn't agree more, MsM got Her's for me over 6 months ago and i've worn it ever since.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

Congratulations! It's great to hear from other Contender users. Great 100 hour review! ;)
I'm incredibly happy with mine as well.
0 x
mellyshubby

Post by mellyshubby »

I recently got a Contender also. It is not as heavy as my Jailbird, which is nice. I ordered it 1/8 inch narrower in cage diameter (to compensate for the open bar design) and that made a world of difference. It is always snug. I give it two thumbs up.
0 x
Husband of MellyKH
Securely locked 24/7 in either a Jail Bird or Watchful Mistress
wolf513

Post by wolf513 »

mellyshubby wrote:I recently got a Contender also. It is not as heavy as my Jailbird, which is nice. I ordered it 1/8 inch narrower in cage diameter (to compensate for the open bar design) and that made a world of difference. It is always snug. I give it two thumbs up.
I currently have an HTv2 and I'm considering a MM JB, or WM. The contender looks a bit less expensive, but is it of comparable quality? I like the idea of a lighter device, but I don't want something that is fragile or uncomfortable.

The other option I was looking at was the steelheart from steelworxx. It seems more "secure", similar to the plastic devices that prevent sensation. I wonder if the open cages will allow too much stimulation?

Open has a big benefit in cleaning, but closed has better sensory deprivation., :)
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Commenting only on quality, the Contender is as well built as any of the stainless steel custom devices.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

wolf513 wrote:
mellyshubby wrote:I recently got a Contender also. It is not as heavy as my Jailbird, which is nice. I ordered it 1/8 inch narrower in cage diameter (to compensate for the open bar design) and that made a world of difference. It is always snug. I give it two thumbs up.
I currently have an HTv2 and I'm considering a MM JB, or WM. The contender looks a bit less expensive, but is it of comparable quality? I like the idea of a lighter device, but I don't want something that is fragile or uncomfortable.

The other option I was looking at was the steelheart from steelworxx. It seems more "secure", similar to the plastic devices that prevent sensation. I wonder if the open cages will allow too much stimulation?

Open has a big benefit in cleaning, but closed has better sensory deprivation., :)
MCN uses 316L stainless steel. I got a slightly smaller cage recently, and his welds and polishing is excellent.
I like the weight of the device. It's well balanced and doesn't drag down at all, even with a slightly larger base ring. It's not fragile at all. My Contender disappears on my body under clothes. It's great, and I've historically been a "princess and the pea" in other devices.

I have a Steelheart. I thought it would be impervious to cheating. But I was able to get friction inside the cage by shaking the device furiously, and I was able to bring myself over the edge. I've had little desire to wear it since. :(

I have a PA hook in my new Contender. It keeps me perfectly aligned and prevents any relative movement between the cage and the cock. It's a great design, and well executed.

I also really like his high security option. You can really torque down on the hex head bolt, and the numbered security seals that go through the bolt give a nice audible snap of finality. ;)
0 x
warwick

Post by warwick »

I am also extremely happy with the contender.it is very light sometimes it does feel like it is not on. the quality is very good. and last dealing with mark was the best part, a true professional.
0 x