Cage for an active lifestyle?

For the gearheads in the audience
Illyd

Cage for an active lifestyle?

Post by Illyd »

Hello, everyone.

I'm looking to purchase my first serious cage and hoping to get some insight. I lead an overly active lifestyle; running, biking, hiking, yoga, just now getting into boxing, etc., so I would need something that is discreet and comfortable after hours of activity.

Budget would preferably be under $200, though I would likely spend more if something is worth it.

All advice is appreciated.
0 x
slave d

Re: Cage for an active lifestyle?

Post by slave d »

For a first timer I would suggest a Holytrainer 2 as the most comfortable and discreet. Later on you'd be fine in custom stainless actually but HT2 is a great starter. You need to remove it regularly for cleaning though.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Even though I haven't used the HT, I'd still caution you on using any trapped ball device for biking. They will probably be okay for 5 miles down the bike path on your hybrid or cruiser, but they are not going to work on an aggressive road bike.

I'm sure someone will tell me that I'm wrong, but I haven't found anything that I'd trust for a 40 mile ride through the hills.
0 x
Illyd

Post by Illyd »

Thank you for the word of caution, Tom. I'm about to go do a 112 mile bike race, so it looks like the Holy Trainer 2 is out.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

One a century? Dude, the only thing near your balls should be chamois and cream! :lol:

This a well known ride, like the ones in Texas or Idaho?
0 x
Illyd

Post by Illyd »

I usually do them a few times a year, though this time isn't an official one. Five or six of my buddies are going to just do it for fun.

I'm not too concerned for the 100+ bike runs/Marathon runs, as I should be able to take it off. However, I usually do a few 10-15 mile runs/20-30 mile bike rides a week, so I would definitely appreciate something that would be suitable for the lower distance ones.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I found that I could do some bike riding in the Birdlock, which means that the Bon4 should be similar. But it was upright, hybrid riding. Considering that I can't even wear just the A ring from a CB3k on a saddle, I'm assuming that anything on a road bike is just asking for trouble.
0 x
McAndrew

Post by McAndrew »

I go for a ride most days, about 15Km over rough terrain. There is no way that that is compatible with any sort of device.
There just has to be an element of trust.

That and being locked or supervised at all times.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

IIRC, Sarah Jameson wrote that she would unlock John for his bike rides. It appears that he did some road cycling, an hour or two several times a week.

Toward the end of her blog writing (no, I don't actually know what happened), they had one of those Mistress Lori devices that was held in by a PA. I remember reading (possibly in her now-defunct newsletter) that John could ride with that since it was the type that only covered part of the shaft, and not one of the ball-trap models.
0 x
carolina cyclist

Post by carolina cyclist »

A couple of years back, I tried riding my road bike while in a CB6K which was an absolute mistake. I made it about 5 miles and had to turn around and go back. Since we have reintroduced chastity I have not tried to ride in my Bon4 or the Steelheart and really don't think I will. As for other activities, I did CrossFit workouts in the Bon4 once we got the right ring and tube size. However, I have been a real slacker since the Steelheart arrived and have not tried a workout wearing it. I will update this after I have done a WOD or two wearing the Steelheart.
0 x
Currently locked in MrsL's Steelheart.
http://www.thechastecyclist.com