PA-like security, without piercing

For the gearheads in the audience
zorglub

No base ring and no piercing!

Post by zorglub »

I finished machining the new proof-of-concept TetherSpout attachment I had been working on. This one allows wearing a cage locked to the spout, without requiring a testes ring. I am currently trying it on, using my MCN Contender's cage-only, to simulate a Glans Armor. The latter has the same cage shape and would be even lighter since it has one less ring.
ContenderCage side.JPG
ContenderCage front w plug.JPG
The spout, retainer, and attachment weight in at 8.8 grams (0.3 oz), all stainless steel. The spout is held in place between one of the cage bars and a set screw (inside the attachment). Currently, this is a simple hex socket screw, but I know of at least one supplier for security-screw versions.
In the second picture, I added a silicone plug that completely closes the spout. It is much easier to use than the vinyl cap I have on the hook-wire system I had previously described (I'll need to find a way to tie that plug to the cage though, otherwise it will end up in the toilet sooner or later).

Oh, and I just tried an important feature of this setup: the ability to pee standing up. It passed the test with flying colors: completely laminar flow, not one drop out of place. Yay!
0 x
Current device: MM Jailbird with security screw and TetherSpout
Previously: CB6000s knock-off, HolyTrainer2, MCN Contender, Lori#5, MM Watchful Mistress
groundedBird

Re: No base ring and no piercing!

Post by groundedBird »

zorglub wrote:The spout, retainer, and attachment weight in at 8.8 grams (0.3 oz), all stainless steel. The spout is held in place between one of the cage bars and a set screw (inside the attachment). Currently, this is a simple hex socket screw, but I know of at least one supplier for security-screw versions.
Looks an impressive work, like a kit been sold with the cage! What work have you done on the attachment to be able to fit it onto the cage and accommodate the spout? I suppose nothing similar is available aftermarket...
zorglub wrote:Oh, and I just tried an important feature of this setup: the ability to pee standing up. It passed the test with flying colors: completely laminar flow, not one drop out of place. Yay!
I found out that having to pee sitting like a woman is ... erotic. I like it a lot. Nevertheless it is always good to have the choice!
0 x
zorglub

Re: No base ring and no piercing!

Post by zorglub »

groundedBird wrote:What work have you done on the attachment to be able to fit it onto the cage and accommodate the spout?
I started with 5/16" diameter stainless steel tubing that I squished to 1/4" thickness (yielded 0.35" width). I then machined it on a metal mill to create the needed grooves and bores. I cut the internal threading with a manual tap (I need to find a way to do that on a lathe, but I don't have a small enough threading tool, yet...)
groundedBird wrote:I suppose nothing similar is available aftermarket...
It is currently a one-off, but If I can find a way to have it produced without spending hours on the mill...
Mind you, I'm just trying out the design at the moment. It is a joy to wear so far
0 x
Previously: CB6000s knock-off, HolyTrainer2, MCN Contender, Lori#5, MM Watchful Mistress
chastebear1964

Re: PA-like security, without piercing

Post by chastebear1964 »

Seen this on another forum; looks interesting but potentially quite painful.

CB1964
0 x
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

chastebear1964 wrote:Seen this on another forum; looks interesting but potentially quite painful.
It can be frustratingly efficient, and sometimes the tug is annoying (I don't enjoy that, some might) if you let it be prolonged, like wearing a loose testes-ring-free cage without underwear support for long, but it has never been painful for me.
Maybe I have a superpower: impervious to pain, just annoys me... I like that :)
0 x
groundedBird

Post by groundedBird »

zorglub,
I would like to use the spout combined with a padlock as anti pull-out device for my HTv2.

The longest spout sold by tetherspout is 24mm long. Is it long enough to let you fix a padlock through the spout hole after you have worn the cage? Of course this assuming that the penis fills completely the cage.

I know you have an HTv2 so I hope you don't mind me asking a 'test' :)

Thanks a lot!!!!
0 x
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

groundedBird wrote:I would like to use the spout combined with a padlock as anti pull-out device for my HTv2.

The longest spout sold by tetherspout is 24mm long. Is it long enough to let you fix a padlock through the spout hole after you have worn the cage? Of course this assuming that the penis fills completely the cage.
First of all, of all the small padlocks I have, only the crappy Chinese "Wolfdog" one had a small enough shackle to fit through the TetherSpout cross holes. The Tether Products web site gives the hole size as 3.5 mm, but my calipers say 3.40mm which is also what I measure for the shackle thickness of my "Master 20mm" padlocks. Those won't fit unless the hole is enlarged. I happen to have one spout where I did that (3.55mm), so the "Master" padlock does fit on that one, but only on the straight part of the shackle, not the half-circle.
The "Wolfdog" shackle is 2.7mm thick. But beware: that padlock's body is small and it almost fits through the front slit of my HTv2. If I just filed the side edges a wee bit, it could slip in (and it would possibly be difficult to get it back out without unlocking the HT!)

That said, if the shackle passes through the holes horizontally (allowing the padlock to hang vertically), between the thickness of the HTv2 wall and the retainer at the back of the spout, you are left with barely 12mm. That's not quite enough for me: it causes constant pressure on the retainer even in a perfect situation (flaccid so smallest glans size while not turtle'ing away). I find that not really painful but irritating if prolonged. I didn't try getting aroused, as the first thing that would happen to me is glans inflation, which would increase that pressure.
An alternative is to let the padlock enter the front slit of the HTv2 (passing through the cross holes vertically), but that causes the padlock's body to stick straight out.

Another thing: the shackle almost fills the holes and significantly obstructs the spout. Urinating without holding back is a bit messy (difficult-to-control spray) and mildly uncomfortable (increased pressure on the back of the spout/retainer).

For all those reasons, I would advise the use of a hook instead of a padlock, as described in the Tethered Chastity blog (in particular, look for the HTv2 picture at the end of the post). It is just as secure since it cannot be removed without unlocking the HTv2.
0 x
groundedBird

Post by groundedBird »

I see, thanks for the valuable feedback.

I am not able to make a hook like you did :( :( :( so I need to find an alternative solution.

I though about a flexible shackle padlock, such as this one

http://www.masterlock.com/personal-use/product/4688D

which has a 3mm diameters shackle but I'm not sure if the plug at the end of the shackle will pass through the spout hole.

I'll ask the manufacturer
0 x
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

groundedBird wrote:I though about a flexible shackle padlock, such as this one

http://www.masterlock.com/personal-use/product/4688D

which has a 3mm diameters shackle but I'm not sure if the plug at the end of the shackle will pass through the spout hole.

I'll ask the manufacturer
I actually have one of those! It came with a "SporTube" ski/snowboard travel case I bought a couple of years ago. I just dug it out. The dimensions given by MasterLock on that web page are accurate except, unfortunately, the shackle diameter. The cable is a bit bigger than 1/8". It is actually 0.146" (3.71 mm). And, as you suspected, the plug at the end is even bigger: 4.47 mm
0 x
groundedBird

Post by groundedBird »

I have ordered both the threaded and plain spouts from TetherSpout, plus a variety of accessories to experiment on.
Reading through the TetherSpout website explanations (it is an humongous job) I noted that once an attachment is screwed on a threaded spout it cannot be removed without the 3.5mm hex key: the spout would otherwise rotate solidly with the attachment. This could be used as security fix.

By the way, in case of a custom ordered cage, I think it should not be difficult to have the manufacturer to weld a threaded pin on the inside of the cage where to screw the spout on.
0 x