PA-like security, without piercing

For the gearheads in the audience
zorglub

Re: PA-like security, without piercing

Post by zorglub »

groundedBird wrote:once an attachment is screwed on a threaded spout it cannot be removed without the 3.5mm hex key: the spout would otherwise rotate solidly with the attachment. This could be used as security fix.
Note that 3.5mm hex keys are quite easy to procure. Any hardware store worth its salt carries metric hex keys and 3.5mm is a standard size (not the most common, but still not much security there).
0 x
Current device: MM Jailbird with security screw and TetherSpout
Previously: CB6000s knock-off, HolyTrainer2, MCN Contender, Lori#5, MM Watchful Mistress
groundedBird

Post by groundedBird »

zorglub wrote:
groundedBird wrote:once an attachment is screwed on a threaded spout it cannot be removed without the 3.5mm hex key: the spout would otherwise rotate solidly with the attachment. This could be used as security fix.
Note that 3.5mm hex keys are quite easy to procure. Any hardware store worth its salt carries metric hex keys and 3.5mm is a standard size (not the most common, but still not much security there).
True. In my case, taking the car and driving 20 minutes to the store and looking for the hex key is a deterrent big enough. I think I would lose my arousal on the way to the store :D
0 x
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

My latest security hook, for a HTv2. I am using a new wire, made of the same stainless steel grade as the TetherSpout, thus avoiding any galvanic corrosion (I have experienced some of that with my previous wires):
HTv2-410hook-side-small.jpg
0 x
Previously: CB6000s knock-off, HolyTrainer2, MCN Contender, Lori#5, MM Watchful Mistress
slanador

Post by slanador »

So what do you consider more comfortable now?
* The HTv2 with that stainless steel wire?
* Or the MCN Contender with that fancy attachment you made?

Regarding the second option, so this attachment now makes it possible to use the MCN Contender with the security insert instead of the padlock? And does it really keep the spout in place, also preventing pulling out the flaccid penis? Because my issue with every chastity device (full belt, holy trainer, you name it) is that either the belt is so "full" that it is impossible to ride a bike or sit down normally, or that it is extremely easy to pull out the flaccid penis, even with the HTv2 I find this rediculously easy.

I'm in the process of getting the tether sizing tool and then ordering the plain spout with the proper size retainer -- that's the version I need, right? Then perhaps I should get the Mature Metal sizing rings as you suggested elsewhere and order a MCN Contender? But I have no idea how to acquire an attachment like the one you created. I'm just a software engineer, not a metalworker ;) Is there some metalworking company that makes these things or a 3D printing solution? Or could we ask the MCN people to integrate such an attachment with their device? (That would be awesome. Maybe you could send them the above picture and an example attachment, and they can find a way to produce larger quantities?)
0 x
slanador

Post by slanador »

Hm, after reading again this thread it was mentioned that the threaded spout would also work really well. If there were some similar attachment for the Contender that has a short threaded tube that fits the spout, that would work quite well, right?
0 x
slanador

Post by slanador »

I had a brief email conversation with MCN and unfortunately they are too busy at the moment with regular orders to prototype a customization like this.
0 x
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

slanador wrote:So what do you consider more comfortable now?
* The HTv2 with that stainless steel wire?
* Or the MCN Contender with that fancy attachment you made?
Actually, my favorite is the MCN Contender with the wire hook (see the relevant post on the blog). I haven't used the HTv2 much since I got the MM Watchful Mistress and then the even better-sized MCN Contender, except to try out the wires I made for it (and on one of those occasions, I experienced my first ever, very uncomfortable, ball escape so the HTv2 is in the penalty box as far as I am concerned)
slanador wrote:Regarding the second option, so this attachment now makes it possible to use the MCN Contender with the security insert instead of the padlock? And does it really keep the spout in place, also preventing pulling out the flaccid penis?
Yes, it does all that, but I see it more as a proof of concept than ready for prime time yet (there are metal fatigue and galvanic corrosion issues with that particular item).
slanador wrote:I'm in the process of getting the tether sizing tool and then ordering the plain spout with the proper size retainer -- that's the version I need, right?
Correct, but you'll have to polish the inside of the spout like I explain on the blog, otherwise corrosion will set in within a few days, due to the severe mill marks inside.
slanador wrote:Then perhaps I should get the Mature Metal sizing rings as you suggested elsewhere and order a MCN Contender? But I have no idea how to acquire an attachment like the one you created. I'm just a software engineer, not a metalworker ;)
Funnily enough, I'm a software engineer too! Metalworking is just a fairly recent hobby.
As to the Contender, it is certainly my favorite of all the cages I have tried, but the use without a base ring is still experimental. In the meantime, if you are comfortable in your HTv2, I would recommend trying a TetherSpout with that first, using 410-grade stainless steel for the locking wire, as pictured earlier in this thread.
slanador wrote:Hm, after reading again this thread it was mentioned that the threaded spout would also work really well. If there were some similar attachment for the Contender that has a short threaded tube that fits the spout, that would work quite well, right?
Well, yes, the threaded spouts are viewed by some as an alternative. I had some theoretical misgivings about that approach and I decided to give it a try. I wore the contraption below for 6 days last week:
assembled on Contender-800.JPG
I plan to post an analysis of how that went on the blog. It was very comfortable but the main issue is that it is impossible to prevent corrosion in the threaded spouts (not at the threads, but around the hex part at the back).
0 x
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

From the Urethral insert for CD thread:
Gibson1506 wrote:a couple questions, Does it stop "Turtling" if so , is there any pain say while standing up from a chair or bending over to pick something up?
Oh yes, it definitely prevents "turtling", as well as more voluntary penis escape attempts (e.g. soapy flaccid penis).
No sensation at all from standing up. Bending over sharply can pull the penis in and you'll feel a tug from the TetherSpout keeping the penis in place, but that's not what I would call painful. Though if the cage is too long or you are kept in a bent position for a long time, the tug can get quite annoying.
Last edited by zorglub on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
slanador

Post by slanador »

Thanks for taking the time to answer those questions. Some follow-up questions!

Would it make sense to ask the Tether company to do that polishing for us? After all, they wouldn't want corrosion issues, right?

Does that Thermomorph also work with the plain spout? Or are the two holes on the side not sufficient for grip?

My experience with all chastity devices so far is that it's extremely easy to pull out my tiny flaccid penis. Maybe in part because my balls hang quite low or something, and I'm a grower. So yeah, pulling out is extremely easy, even if I use one of those Chinese full belt designs that has a urethral tube. Can get out easily. With the HTv2 it really is a joke. I have the smallest version, but can easily pull the device away from my body and pull out my junk from the device. So I'm not sure if the Contender despite its great reviews is sufficiently secure unless I also install a TetherSpout ;)

And I'm not a huge fan of padlocks on chastity cages, I really like those integrated security locks. If I read your page correctly, this is doable ("pass fully over the cage's locking sleeve and come to rest under the base ring's locking post") but just requires some force to pull the wire around the sleeve? My software engineer fingers have sufficient grip to do such things, methinks. Any new thoughts on that since you wrote that section?

Final question: How do you actually bend wires like that? Should I get something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wire-Bending-Ji ... 1030733740
0 x
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

slanador wrote:Would it make sense to ask the Tether company to do that polishing for us? After all, they wouldn't want corrosion issues, right?
My understanding is that the owner of Tether Products does not manufacture the items himself, he contracts that out. I also feel that he had a large batch done and is currently selling existing stock. At this time, the bore polishing of that stock would be work-intensive and would raise the prices significantly.
The TetherSpouts were not designed with chastity in mind but primarily as a way to play with one's member. In that context, corrosion that takes a few days to set in was not an important factor. For the moment, the existing spouts and retainers in 410/420 grade stainless steel are what is available, but if there is sufficient interest from the chastity community, I think he could be motivated to have items manufactured in more corrosion resistant (but not magnetic) 316 stainless steel, and include bore smoothing in his specifications (also, bores in 316 may turn out to have much less mill marks because it is softer than 420)...
slanador wrote:Does that Thermomorph also work with the plain spout? Or are the two holes on the side not sufficient for grip?
The side holes of a plain spout are sufficient for grip by a hard material such as metal wire, but Thermomorph (and equivalent brands of hand-malleable-while-warm plastics) is too soft for that purpose and it is not easy to shape that precisely. In particular, it is challenging to re-cut because it gives a bit and can also fuzz if the cutting blade is not razor sharp. I experienced some of that when I tapped the hole in the attachment in question (it was unsightly but not critical).
slanador wrote:My experience with all chastity devices so far is that it's extremely easy to pull out my tiny flaccid penis. Maybe in part because my balls hang quite low or something, and I'm a grower. So yeah, pulling out is extremely easy, even if I use one of those Chinese full belt designs that has a urethral tube. Can get out easily. With the HTv2 it really is a joke. I have the smallest version, but can easily pull the device away from my body and pull out my junk from the device. So I'm not sure if the Contender despite its great reviews is sufficiently secure unless I also install a TetherSpout ;)
I think that people who believe that a device relying solely on penis and ball constriction has any chance of securely imprisoning a grower's penis must not understand that being a grower implies being a shrinker.
My Contender is by far my favorite device, but it is not secure against turtling without the TetherSpout.
slanador wrote:And I'm not a huge fan of padlocks on chastity cages, I really like those integrated security locks. If I read your page correctly, this is doable ("pass fully over the cage's locking sleeve and come to rest under the base ring's locking post") but just requires some force to pull the wire around the sleeve? My software engineer fingers have sufficient grip to do such things, methinks. Any new thoughts on that since you wrote that section?
The problem I had with those early wires was that there wasn't enough elasticity in the shape to allow for the bit of elongation needed to pass over the back of the sleeve.
I'm going to try making a wire with a different shape that will hopefully provide the needed amount of elasticity...
slanador wrote:How do you actually bend wires like that? Should I get something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wire-Bending-Ji ... 1030733740
I have this bender. It has a very convenient integrated vise jaw, but it only comes with pins for 1", 1/2". 1/4" and 13/64" diameter bends. I turned a bunch of additional ones for bends up to 1.5" in 0.1" increments, and I drilled some 1/2" rods to make small size pins out of old drill bits (3/16, 1/8, 3/32...). I also use a small swivel vise and needle nose pliers.

An important tip: with the current 410/420 stainless steel spouts, you should use wire of equivalent galvanic potential to avoid galvanic corrosion, because urine acts as an electrolyte. I bought my 410 grade wire in the form of a pound of 1/16" TIG-welding rods (that's the smallest amount I could get, over 30 3' rods!)
0 x