Alternative padlocks for Mature Metal devices?

For the gearheads in the audience
Furiiku

Alternative padlocks for Mature Metal devices?

Post by Furiiku »

The chastity devices crafted by Mature Metal can be locked with a padlock fitted sideways. This works, but I'm not too fond of this solution in terms of aesthetics and comfort. I have been looking for an alternative padlock that fits along the lengt of the cage, but I haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know a lock that might fit the description?

To illustrate; this is how the lock normally sits (picture taken from the Mature Metal website):
jailbird2.jpg
jailbird2.jpg (26.32 KiB) Viewed 6827 times
This is possibly what am looking for:
jail-bird-with-anti-pull-out-male-chastity-device-from-mature-metal.jpg
jail-bird-with-anti-pull-out-male-chastity-device-from-mature-metal.jpg (48.15 KiB) Viewed 6827 times
The challenge is to find a model of padlock that fits that way. A normal padlock can't make the turn, so I guess I would need a lock with a longer, rounder and thinner bar?

Mature Metal's chastity devices can also be fitted with an optional security screw. This does give the locked device a very sleek profile, but it has a number of drawbacks as mentioned in this thread:

http://chastityforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45285
0 x
locked4her55
Re: Alternative padlocks for Mature Metal devices?

Post by locked4her55 »

I emailed this very same problem to William at MM asking if he could open up the hole enough so that a padlock could sit like it does on the CBxxxx models. He replied that by doing that the fit becomes "sloppy" between the base ring and the cage. The same would happen by utilizing a thinner bar padlock. With that said I inquired if he would be willing to make a modification to my Jailbird and install two alignment posts one on either side of the locking post, similar to the look of the CBxxxx's. He responded that he couldn't make the modification.

I also have the security screw but I agree that it has a few drawbacks. We have since gone back to the padlock. It goes in snug and as Atone mentioned on another thread, it gives you something to grab when you need to adjust. I did one time when it was off take a fine tooth metal file to the edges of the lock which proved to be much better in comfort for both of us.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Furiiku

Post by Furiiku »

Rounding the edges of the padlock is a good tip. I should do that too.
He replied that by doing that the fit becomes "sloppy" between the base ring and the cage.
That does make sense. I do hope MatureMetal can come up with a nicer locking mechanism though.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

This is a picture of a modification one of the members here did to their JB. He sent his JB to steelworxx in Germany for the lock.

I would love to see MM come up with something similar
Modified JB
Modified JB
AR7Gq.jpg (65.89 KiB) Viewed 6761 times
0 x
Currently wearing A273
KeyheldHubby

Post by KeyheldHubby »

The issue is that the diameter of the lock hasp is just a hair too big to allow the "wiggle room" necessary for the hasp to "get around the corner" of the holes in the base ring and cage pin on MM devices. Most smaller locks have a hasp that is very close to the same diameter as the diameter of the holes in the JB device.

I experimented with a couple of smaller locks and had the same issue with all of them.

Ultimately I went online to a company in Canada called Small Box Hardware (http://www.smallboxhardware.com/prodvie ... SqG43F0688) and found some locks intended for small boxes (hence the name of the company). I ordered the G322 model (heart-shaped lock) and while it is better (it gets PART WAY around the corner) it still can't rotate all the way down the way I'd like.

BUT...

Looking at the model G362 lock, I see that the entire lock is smaller than the G322 that I bought originally. In fact, the lock is more than 1/4-inch narrower, and 1/2-inch shorter. I SUSPECT that the hasp diameter will be commensurately smaller as well (but don't know that for a fact) and would fit "around the corner."

If anyone with a MM device gets one and tests it, I'm sure lots of us would be very happy to hear the results. The locks are NOT expensive at all... Less than $5.00 in fact.

There is a possible MECHANICAL fix as well, but it would entail modifying the device (which I'm not really willing to do even though I've got the tools and technical skills necessary to do it). Basically, you want to make enough room in the cage holes to allow the lock hasp to "get around the corner" by making it just a bit bigger. I DON'T THINK you'd need to modify the base ring post, just the holes in the cage. With respect to MM's response about the device fit getting a bit "sloppy," I completely agree. But I think you could minimize that by only grinding away some metal at the TOP of the cage holes. Then you could put the lock on when it was completely vertical, and you could rotate it down until it lays flush with the cage. Difficult to explain, but I can see it perfectly in my head.

I don't KNOW that this would work, I just THINK it will. And I'm not personally willing to try it. I would get a smaller lock first!

BTW: with the G322 lock that I have now, if you take the cage off the base ring pin, and then put the lock through the base ring pin alone, it fits just fine.

Good luck!
Hope this helps!
0 x
Various home builts for almost 2 years. Current: Jailbird since January 2013.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I have seen those locks before and it appears that a standard handcuff key might get them open.
Pretty good chance many of us here own a pair. :o
I know I do and their not the fuzzy ones. :lol:
0 x
Currently wearing A273
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

locked4her55 wrote:I have seen those locks before and it appears that a standard handcuff key might get them open.
Pretty good chance many of us here own a pair. :o
I know I do and their not the fuzzy ones. :lol:
Due to previous careers in the area of LE, we have several of different types that use different keys...which can occasionally be something of a problem :roll:
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
KeyheldHubby

Post by KeyheldHubby »

Having carefully examined the lock I got online, I concur absolutely that it would be pretty easy to get off. The lock mechanism is just not all that complicated. Not that I've ever seen "real" handcuff keys, but I don't doubt that they could probably be used if they were small enough! Even with the lock I have (which has a hasp that is too big to turn all the way down with my JB), the key is really tiny. I can only imagine how much smaller the key would be for the lock that is even smaller than the one I've got.

But that's beside the point.

The lock and key are more for the mind games (in my case). I have no doubt that (with my workshop and it's tool collection) I could get just about any lock off - one way or another. Then there's the "pull out" possibility inherent with almost all trapped-ball devices. Yes, I know that there are devices (teeth, plugs, etc) that reduce or eliminate that possibility, but I don't have or use any of them. For my wife and I chastity is not like that.

Final point: Simple lock, looks pretty nice (wife likes the heart shape), small. With a larget lock, there are probably some "engineering fixes" you could employ to solve the issue.
0 x
Various home builts for almost 2 years. Current: Jailbird since January 2013.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

KeyheldHubby wrote:Final point: Simple lock, looks pretty nice (wife likes the heart shape), small.
I concur
KeyheldHubby wrote:With a larget lock, there are probably some "engineering fixes" you could employ to solve the issue.
Superglue :lol:
0 x
Currently wearing A273
gummicouple

Post by gummicouple »

I really like the look of the heart-shaped lock! I would appreciate knowing if someone finds one that fits the Mature Metal Jail Bird. We have the security screw version.

~Alex
0 x
Rubber, bdsm, orgasm control