A worthy replacement for the cb-2000?

For the gearheads in the audience
kyskhedsbaelte

A worthy replacement for the cb-2000?

Post by kyskhedsbaelte »

I bought my cb-2000 back in 99, but now it's starting to crack and since it's impossible to get a replacement I need to get a new device.

I think back in 2004 I got the curve in order to try and get around some of the security issues I had with the cb-2000 around that time. Unfortunately I got a severe edema from the curve, so severe that I could not even go back to the cb-2000 for the next 4-5 years, I would instantly swell up.

I tried experimenting with the curve by cutting it down so it could just be a device holding the POI, however whenever I put the rings on, I would instantly swell. Anyway that device is also useless now and I need a replacement.

I was thinking about getting the cb-6000 even though I am concerned the device is too small and the diameter of the device might have been what caused my initial troubles.

To be honest I would really just like to get a new cb-2000, but since that is not an option, any ideas of a replacement with the same diameter and length as the cb-2000?

Thanks
0 x
Atone
Re: A worthy replacement for the cb-2000?

Post by Atone »

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck finding a replacement, sounds like you need something with a really large diameter. You might want to look at some of the chinese knock off metal devices. I think I remember seeing one that was at least 1.5" diameter, might be worth a try.

btw, how did you come up with kyskhedsbaelte as a username? Never mind a quick google search came up with this http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyskhetsbelte I can't read any of it but the pictures pretty much tell the story.
0 x
JetMirage

Post by JetMirage »

Maybe check out a Holy Trainer? Is sounds like their tubes might be too small for you, but the rings they have are hella comfortable. Honestly, it sounds like you know what you're looking for, so why not think about having a custom metal device made?
0 x
-Jet
Devices: Jailbird, Holy Trainer
KinKey is my Keyhoder
KeyheldHubby

Post by KeyheldHubby »

You don't mention if you are limiting your search to CB-XX type devices (i.e., plastic, tube), or if you are including cage-type devices, metal devices, or belts in your search as well.

As to your desire to get something with the same diameter and length as your CB-2000, Mature Metal can make something that is whatever size you want - if metal, cage, and custom is an option for you.
0 x
Various home builts for almost 2 years. Current: Jailbird since January 2013.
kyskhedsbaelte

Post by kyskhedsbaelte »

Thanks for all the feedback.

Like mentioned, perhaps I did already know what I was looking for, I just haven't checked out what devices were available. 13-14 years ago, all you could get your hands on was the cb-2000 or the full belts, however it does look better today.

I think I might spring for jailbird, the measurements should be easy, since I just want them to be the same as the original cb-2000, perhaps a tiny bit smaller diameter, due to the more "open" nature of the jail bird.
0 x
KeyheldHubby

Post by KeyheldHubby »

Getting a Jailbird was the best decision Mrs. KHH and I ever made. I do NOT have experience with the CB-XX series or other commercially-available "tube" type devices. I did however, have a home-built tube-type device for a long time. While I liked it - a lot - and while I was constantly tweaking it to get it "just right" before I "came out" to my wife about my desire to be in chastity, I ultimately decided that a more open cage-type device was more to my liking. Plus, Mama liked it too.

There was something about the open design, the beauty of the stainless steel, the "perfect fit," the durability of the material, and so many other factors that just made it right for me.

As I said previously in a response in another thread, you have to decide what factors are important to you and base your decision on that. While I (and others) can tell you about our experiences with one device or another, you've got to decide for yourself what's important to YOU (and your KH).

While it takes up to 8 weeks for the Jailbird to arrive (I've seen where some folks said it took as little as a month, mine took 7 weeks), the wait is (IMHO) definitely worth it.

If you do go the route of moving to a Jailbird, scan through the various posts to get all the information you can on sizing - especially if you're changing from a CB-XX. And (even though I didn't) get the sizing rings to ensure you get a good fit. As I said, I didn't, but that's only because I knew absolutely what sizes I needed given all my experiences with my home built tweaks.

I don't want to get into a discussion about the relative merits of tube versus cage versus plastic versus metal versus belt et al, because they all have benefits and drawbacks. Do your research - if you go with Mature Metal or other more expensive devices, you'll be making an investment that will be around for a LONG time! So spend your money wisely.

Cheers
0 x
Various home builts for almost 2 years. Current: Jailbird since January 2013.