Advice on Looker 2 ordering

For the gearheads in the audience
wantshiny

Advice on Looker 2 ordering

Post by wantshiny »

Looking for some advice as if one screws up this part then one has a expensive but worthless hunk of metal!!!

I have just ordered a looker 2 from steelworxx, and I am waiting for Dietmar to initiate the finalisation process (I am wondering how long does it normally take for him to start/ acknowledge / ask for payment?)

Right now I have a jailbird with the following dimensions:

Oval
Cage/Ring Gap : :
3/8\" Gap
Cage Length : :
2 3/4\" Length
Ring Size : :
1 5/8\" Ring
Cage Diameter : :
1 1/4\" Dia.

I have been very happy with the jailbird ...the sizing really only needed to be tweeked as far as the base ring for comfort per the following....

I find that when flacid I generally sit back from the end of the cage by about 7mm ....I also find the base ring on the jailbird a but tight at night and it hurts even after a year of wearing it, it still bothers me about being just a bit too tight but the 1 3/4 ring would be too loose I think... So I am thinking I could make the looker effectively possibly a little shorter, and the base ring a bit bigger

I am trying to translate my jailbird to a looker...while I am waiting for Dietmar to respond I thought I would ask around here for oppinions/comments based on their experience. BTW I ordered the permanent plug as well, main reason why i am buying it !!!

I have been thinking about the looker for ages and I nearly bought it in favour of the jailbird anyway...and well....I am not getting any younger so WTF I will have two...main reasons for purchase...

1. easier to pee (especially during night times I hope)
2. security, can't really shake the shit out of it and cum any more without risking internal injury i expect.
3. Hold everything in place.
4. Hopefully get the base ring right and be more comfortable at night (so long as the plug does not make up for it in the other direction that is)
5. harder if not impossible to pull our the back of....even harder to get back on without removing if if one did succeed.
6 integrated lock much better than padlock
7. it looks cool

Also I am wondering if anyone has thought of a portable key cover that one could secure a tamper proof keyholder tag ...so u can keep your keys in a safe easy eccessable place but not be able to use them...ie the tag has to be removed to pull the key out of its sleave. I might go for a wander through a DYI store and see if there is something I can use.

Appreciate any comments from looker owners/steelworxx previous experience thanks in advance :)
0 x
rab

Re: Advice on Looker 2 ordering

Post by rab »

Mark, do you wear your looker with urethal plug?
How long is the cage you ordered?
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

wantshiny wrote:Also I am wondering if anyone has thought of a portable key cover that one could secure a tamper proof keyholder tag ...so u can keep your keys in a safe easy eccessable place but not be able to use them...ie the tag has to be removed to pull the key out of its sleave. I might go for a wander through a DYI store and see if there is something I can use.
I remember forum member kept4her found this site:

http://www.keysure.net/

Might be just what you are looking for.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
wantshiny

Post by wantshiny »

Strange, Al I have is the automated order ack, not a peep otherwise maybe he is on holidays....I will give it another day and chase I guess....

mark how do you like it do you have any advice re sizing? How did you measure yourself?
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

wantshiny wrote:Strange, Al I have is the automated order ack, not a peep otherwise maybe he is on holidays....I will give it another day and chase I guess....
I had it take a couple of days once. I believe he is a one man shop so it takes a little longer sometimes.
0 x
wantshiny

Post by wantshiny »

Not panicing, :), maybe there are lots of men needing a muzzle following the christmas break.

I am more interested in geting the size right ....i have been thinking about it for long enough no need to rush it.

I think I need something like a 1 11/16s ring..instead of a 1 5/8s lol....seriously tho a tiny bit of extra inner diameter makes a hell of a differance to comfort..lol

His standard sizes are 42mm which is actually a tiny bit larger than 1 5/8 (by 0.8 mm) so it might be ok but the 45mm is actually slightly bigger than 1 3/4 inch so this would be way too big, so I have a feeling I am going to be stuck with a 42, 43mm would be my ideal I think, I will ask him if he can make a slightly oversized 42 :) or maybe that part he buys as a prefabed ring then bends it a bit, sounds like splitting hairs I know but I have been around (or rather they have been around me) for a long time now, but with the larger sized actual ring 42 might be ok anyway.

One does assume the dimensions are the INNER size correct?

There does not seem to be a spec for the "cage length" only the penis ring which means the "cage diameter" (thank you thumper) in my case the jailbird is pretty spot on so would be about 32mm which leave me feeling a little small in that repsect...unless its an outside dimension which would make no sense. But there seems to be a big jump from 30mm which would leave imprints (my jailbird is 32mm and it is snug and leaves little bar marks even when flacid, but then the RING on the jailbird is tigher then where the bars are so maybe 35m ...if he made a 33mm cage diameter that should be perfect but it would seem I need 35mm which might flop about a bit, unless the plug makes it a bit thicker?? experts please?

For the length based on thumpers review I would probably lessen my length to 2.5 inch or 63mm if that is a valid cage length, again does not seem to have standard lengths here so mybe that bit is custom.

the ring gap being about 10mm (steelworx defult is 12mm no biggy there), but may mean I can go a but shorter cage length, 2mm in length not going to make much differance.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Just tell him what size ring you want and he will make it. I have several rings that are only 1mm different in diameter and it does make a difference. The diameter is the inside measurement.

I have found on my devices that the "cage length" is the overall length less 13mm (or so, hard to measure).

I wear a 32mm tube (Steelheart) most of the time. It is really small, about equivalent to the 1 1/8" Jailbird I wore before that.

I cannot help on whether the plug needs more room. I would love to hear experiences with it though.

I never specified anything on the gap but would on a new order. The larger rings have larger gaps and I can slip out on the largest ones (which fortunately I don't use anymore). None of my Steelworx devices have a 12mm gap when measured directly from ring to cage which is the only way I know to measure it. OK, just went and checked my notes, actually the smallest rings have a 11mm and 12mm gap when measured at the shortest point. I wear the one with 11mm gap (40mm ring) and the gap is about perfect for me. Just lucky I guess.

I think he can make the cage any length you want. I would say that almost all the lookers I have seen / read about are a lot shorter than I would have thought. If I get one I will go a little shorter too. I think the plug holding everything in place would allow a comfortable fit in a shorter space. My only real experience with this is with the fixing with penis plug but it backs this feeling up.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Markbentorah wrote:I think I just need to be brave, with some lube and get on with it :)
Obviously be careful but yes, this is probably what you need to do. I had never put anything in my urethra until the first time I used the fixing with penis plug. It was strange but no issues. I forget how long I wore it the first time but it was at least a few hours, maybe longer.
0 x
Under your control

Post by Under your control »

wantshiny wrote:
Also I am wondering if anyone has thought of a portable key cover that one could secure a tamper proof keyholder tag ...so u can keep your keys in a safe easy eccessable place but not be able to use them...ie the tag has to be removed to pull the key out of its sleave. I might go for a wander through a DYI store and see if there is something I can use.

Appreciate any comments from looker owners/steelworxx previous experience thanks in advance :)
Steelworxx make a small tube like device for securing keys, would be easy to make a similar thing out of pipe with a hacksaw and a drill. Once made the keys are secured in the tube and held in place with a lock or numbered tag. Hopefully the extremely dodgy drawing will help explain.

Cut the tube to length, tube diameter less than the handle part of the key but bigger that the key way itself. Cut a slot so that the handle part can fit down into the tube, drill a hole that goes through the sides of the tube. Then secure keys with a small lock or plastic serial numbered lock. Should be small enough to fit in a pocket no problem. You can't use the key without breaking the serial numbered lock or destroying the tube and pretty sure your keyholder would notice that. It does however allow you to use the integrated lock but secure the keys in such a way the plastic lock effectively shows any cheating.
image.jpg
image.jpg (63.62 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
Other way is to simply laminate the key with a till receipt showing the date, time and amount or with a news paper cutting showing the date. Can fit in your wallet and be used in an emergency but your keyholder would again know and would be irreplaceable.

I own a looker 01 and have always used it with the insert. It does add a little to the girth in my experience. The insert does keep everything in place within the tube and prevents pull out very well. Without the insert there is more movement and the skin can creep out here and there. I think if you intend to use the insert get the cage length as fitting as possible, that way there is less chance of irritation or problems that you may encounter with a longer cage and insert as, when getting erect and as your penis fills the cage, the insert will obviously move in the urethra and with the increased pressure of the erection on the walls may create some irritation or rubbing. You will also notice the movement when the erection attempt subsides. The only time this happens to me is when I am having a shrivelled moment. When it returns to normal, you can feel the insert move and, because there isn't really any lubrication there after a short time locked it can sometime be a little irritating.

Hope some of that helps
0 x
Devices owned: looker 01 with integrated lock and removable insert, Holytrainer, CB6000s, CB6000, CB3000, KTB, the sentinel, 2 San quinten, several eBay specials including looker 02 rip off, metal CB6000s rip off, tight impaler, seed pod, and the spiral,
wantshiny

Post by wantshiny »

Yay, thank you, thats really easy to make....I small thin copper pipe squeezed flat then drill a hole through, then thread tamper tag through the hole and keys sounds easy...

Dietmar fimnalised things yesterday with me...now I have to wait the five weeks :( its all paid for..

He agreed to up the base ring to 43mm, I just need a tiny bit more space at night...I like it tight but the jailbird just hurts too much during the night and I have had it and worn it for weeks at a time and never really gotten used to it like I could in the CB6000 where I actually used to ENJOY night time arousals. I am having the 35mm dia cage and I shortened the tube by 10mm to 60mm. 12mm gap which is what the jailbird ended up being after i bent it..lol

So all in all I am happy with my purchase...now I have to wait for it to see if i can wear it....I have had the plug made UNremovable...as I like the smooth finish on the fron tbut I must admit to being nervous the first time that ball goes down...I am pretty sensitive inside there....but mostly I am nervous about going to sleep in it for the first time....for really obvious reasons...
0 x