Steelworxx Crossfire and urethra plug

For the gearheads in the audience
Subsistence

Steelworxx Crossfire and urethra plug

Post by Subsistence »

First of all I would like to thank all contributors on this forum once again for all their great advice. For a newcomer like myself it is of great value.

We are thinking of taking the plunge and buy a high end device. It is still some time away, and a little more experimentation and familiarization with the lifestyle using the CB6K and similar devices will probably ensue for some months, but being a nerd I am looking at alternatives. My wife and KH has a clear set mind about aesthetics, so after running some alternatives by her (all Gerecke titanium models were shot down...) she has taken a fancy to the Crossfire from Steelworxx.

http://steelworxx.de/Crossfire-33p.html

I see some members of the forum have used this, so I hope there are some with experience that might be willing to share a little insight. All other observations are also welcome :ugeek:

So to my questions: Is the Crossfire suited for uncut users or will the foreskin bunch up in the head and stand the risk of getting pinched outside the cross? I have some problems with this on my current CB6K, but my wife does not want a fully closed design. She wants to be able to tease, and also there is some qualms about cleanliness in a closed design.

Then there is the option of the urethra plug from Steelworxx. Has anybody fitted this option to their device? Is it possible to specify like the plug on the looker? Does anybody know if there is a possibility to fit a plug onto a device in a manner making it possible to remove the plug, but not for the wearer while wearing the device? As an engineer I see certain possibilities for this, but they might not be commercial. I have read Thumpers debate on any device being prone to escape, but with the rod and solid sides this setup must be quite safe?

Finally I wonder if there is anybody out there who have tried to bend a split ring to make it anatomical? If so, how did it turn out?

I hope there are some wise men (and women for that sake) out there that are able to help me along this path :)
Last edited by Subsistence on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Happily controlled!

Currently wearing CB6K with KSD-G3
Subsistence

Re: Steelworxx Crossfire and urethra plug

Post by Subsistence »

Just a quick bump and rephrase on one of the questions I originally posted:

Does the head design of the Crossfire pose any problems for any uncut users?
0 x
Happily controlled!

ptharv

Post by ptharv »

First off, I have the regular steelheart, but I do have the urethra insert. I only have it as a backup. I usually wear the pa fixing. The insert is removable, but only when unlocked. The problem is that with the standard length, you will be able to pull out. That's what I started with and had to order it longer. You can custom order any size or length. Mine is 10mm and goes 1inch past the cock ring. This makes it impossible to pull out. Even though I wore it, without removal, for a month, I was always concerned about water getting up inside. Especially getting into the hot tub. The other problem was more bothersome. Urine would remain inside the tube after using the toilet. It took a lot of shaking to get it out, and even then would have a little wetness in my briefs. I ended up putting a few layers of tissue at the end to catch any remnants.
0 x
Currently wearing Steelworxx Looker 3.
Subsistence

Post by Subsistence »

How is insertion with the bent body of the steelheart? 10mm is quite large, how did you take that into account when deciding diameter of the tube?
0 x
Happily controlled!

ptharv

Post by ptharv »

The curve of the device was not a problem. Yes,10mm is quite large. Before ordering I bought a set of sounds to check for proper size. I was very surprised to find that the 10mm fit. And I had the insert added to a device I already owned, so didn't even think about the diameter of the cage. I added it to a 35mm cage. I had a slight amount of extra space without the insert. It is a little more snug when installed. To give you a comparison, I currently wear a 32mm cage with a PA fixing. Even when totally flaccid, I have to push my member in with a swab. It is so snug that erections amount to nothing, because it is already so tight.

I will say this, be prepared for a lot of sexual frustration. For me, that insert was very stimulating during any attempted erections.

If you order the crossfire, you won't have an issue with cleaning or draining, but I have this on the totally enclosed regular steelheart. So I ordered an extra drain hole below the original, because that insert goes thru the standard drain hole. Without it, the extra urine has no way to drain out and would make cleaning impossible without removing the device.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

ptharv wrote:The curve of the device was not a problem. Yes,10mm is quite large. Before ordering I bought a set of sounds to check for proper size. I was very surprised to find that the 10mm fit. And I had the insert added to a device I already owned, so didn't even think about the diameter of the cage. I added it to a 35mm cage. I had a slight amount of extra space without the insert. It is a little more snug when installed. To give you a comparison, I currently wear a 32mm cage with a PA fixing. Even when totally flaccid, I have to push my member in with a swab. It is so snug that erections amount to nothing, because it is already so tight.

I will say this, be prepared for a lot of sexual frustration. For me, that insert was very stimulating during any attempted erections.

If you order the crossfire, you won't have an issue with cleaning or draining, but I have this on the totally enclosed regular steelheart. So I ordered an extra drain hole below the original, because that insert goes thru the standard drain hole. Without it, the extra urine has no way to drain out and would make cleaning impossible without removing the device.
Thank you for all this information. I have both a 32mm and a 35mm tube. I was thinking about sending the 35mm tube back to get the insert like you have done thinking I would need the extra room. When I wear the 32mm tube (almost all the time) I have the same issue in that I have to push in with a swab or use some other similar technique. Do you think that you would be able to use the urethral insert in a tube that snug? I would love to try but don't want to waste a lot of time and money if it isn't likely to work.

I was thinking at least one extra drain hole would be required. Now that you have lived with it for a while what would you do different? Larger drain hole? Additional drain holes? No difference?

Finally, does your urethral insert have the ball at the end like the one on the looker?
0 x
ptharv

Post by ptharv »

I tried the insert with the 32mm. Different device, so the curve was different. Result was the insert was not in center, but I managed to try it-way too tight.

The size of the secondary drain hole is 5mm. Seems to be fine, because most urine will come out the insert. My insert does not have the ball at end. I wouldn't want it on the size I have anyway. The ball would have to be 12mm! Keep in mind though, 10mm is a lot bigger than the standard 6mm. My 10mm is just under half inch.

The standard length of the insert is not long enough to be secure. It has to go quite a bit past the cock ring. I believe I ordered mine to be one inch longer.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

ptharv wrote:I tried the insert with the 32mm. Different device, so the curve was different. Result was the insert was not in center, but I managed to try it-way too tight.
This is what I was going to try and it sounds like exactly the results I was imagining.

I am leaning towards his standard diameter (6mm) plug with the 8mm ball on the end. I will also probably get the length the same as he does on the Looker, 10mm past the A-ring.

How do you like it going a full inch past the A-ring? That seems kind of far to me, I'm still trying to get my mind around it going 10mm past.

Thanks.
0 x
Subsistence

Post by Subsistence »

Thanks a lot for all your advice, I will definitely test with a sounding set before ordering. I have dabbled a little with it earlier, but going an inch past the ring makes me think I have not gone deep enough for this application before.
ptharv wrote: I will say this, be prepared for a lot of sexual frustration. For me, that insert was very stimulating during any attempted erections.
I take it this is not the device you wear every day? Is the plug to intense? And I am looking forward to a lot of frustration :lol:
0 x
Happily controlled!

ptharv

Post by ptharv »

I only have it as a backup. The device I wear all the time is a 32mm cage with the pa fixing. The thickness of my plug may have something to do with the intensity. A smaller plug may not feel the same. I just am not sure about that. I just checked and the insert goes 1 1/4 inches past the base ring. I had determined the length by pulling the cage away from my body and looking at that space. I estimated that filling that gap with the tube would prevent pull out. I know that when I wore it, there was no way I could pull out.

And when I got it out just a few minutes ago, I realized how wicked that device looks. Its been many months since I had the device out of the bag. I look at that tube and can hardly believe that goes inside my cock. Maybe I'll have to try it this weekend for a day or two.

I haven't worn it because I'm worried the PA will heal shut if no ring is in there. And I can't wear the insert with the ring because not enough room. My PA is 6 guage. A couple days would be okay but not weeks or months. As I mentioned before, I have a real issue with the leaking urine after I walk away from the toilet. I didn't want to be padding my underwear with tissues all the time.

To add more confusion, the 32mm cage is very frustrating also. Every erection attempt is fist pounding. It seems that the tube is just so snug, that erections just can't happen. I feel the attempt, but then nothing because there is no room. I have to very forcefully squirt water into the cage with a syringe to get it to come out the top when cleaning.

For Atone, the normal design of the insert has no ball on the end. I'm sure you can custom order, but at a higher price. I remember when I ordered the custom size for mine, he did not charge me extra. Putting the ball on the end, may involve a little more work though. When I ordered the insert for my 35mm, he wanted me to send it back to make sure it would fit properly. I asked him to do the best without me sending it back. He made it right away and it fits fine. I had also asked about a cap for the end, but he has nothing. Depending on what you wear, I found the shape of the attachment nut on the outside end of the tube, would often show in my gym shorts. I figured most people would think it was a PA.
Hope all this helps with your decisions.

You can email me if you have a very specific question.
0 x