Review: Steelworxx Looker 3

For the gearheads in the audience
Whizbang

Review: Steelworxx Looker 3

Post by Whizbang »

Linky: http://steelworxx.de/The-Looker-03-only ... 8gpdk7tv91

I recently received my first custom device in the mail: Steelworxx's Looker 3. I've been wearing it for a week or so.

The Looker 3 is a cage-style device with a PA fixing. It relies on 2 integrated locks: one on the PA shackle, which enters through the urethra and then exits via a slot on the underside of the glans cap, and one on the cockering. The lack of an actual padlock is nice from the standpoint of being less obtrusive under garments and also from the standpoint of preventing your partner from yelping when your padlock bites into their lower back while spooning.

The integrated lock is a tumbler that inserts into a locking cylinder. The cylinder has a J-shaped slot that permits the tumbler to slide in. Turning the key in the tumbler rotates a tab at the end of the cylinder into the J-slot. On the cock ring, there are no places for bolt cutters to gain purchase. The PA shackle itself could probably be cut off with bolt cutters.

The difference between my previous non-custom metal and this new custom metal is marked. The tube on my old device was too long, which meant

1) I could get reasonably erect in the tube, which meant I could derive a certain amount of stimulation
2) The PA shackle on the tube was too far down the tube to use without potentially stressing the PA too much

I think the chastity veterans here will attest that among the most stressful parts of ordering a custom device is trying to ensure the measurements are correct. Here's the rundown on how I did:

1) Cage length: I got this just about perfect. The cage is a couple of millimeters long. There's no downside, as far as I can tell, to this, and there's a nice upside. When erect, I fill the tube... the effect is basically that I can get a 'chubby' but the erection never gains enough momentum to significantly push out the cage. When non-erect, my glans recedes a few millimeters in the cage. This is proving great for cleaning. With a PA, urination can be harder to control and odors were problematic in my previous cage. This device is much easier to keep clean, because of the sizing and because of the cage design. Note that Dietmar has you measure your entire length, including cock ring, gap, and tube.

2) Tube diameter: here, I used the Miller dimensions. They turned out to be a tad generous, but I was leery of ordering a tube that was too narrow. I would probably split the difference between his smallest tube diameter (30mm) and the size I ordered (35mm).

3) Cockring: I ordered three rings, in sizes 42mm, 45mm, and 47mm. On my non-custom device, I was using a ring closer to the 45 mm size, but I was surprised to have difficulty getting into the equivalent size ring from Steelworxx. I'm currently on the largest ring and it's working nicely. I'm using the anatomical rings, which are working great for me. (Atone, I believe, prefers the non-anatomical rings). In my case, the undersection of the ring that bends towards the perineum is a godsend, because straight rings were stressing some other piercings I had. Furthermore, I hang low enough--though I'm not really low hanging, at least not pre-chastity--that I don't have ring-escape problems with my ballsac.

The device has generally been exceedingly comfortable:

1) The shorter length keeps things from being too crowded in my undergarments
2) The cage design is lighter
3) The shorter length means that I'm not having so much ball strain from the cage pulling as far from the body.

When excited, I still use some lubricant to stop Indian Rope Burn Syndrome.

There is one downside. When very excited, my glans pushes against the end of the tube. There's enough gap between the hole at the end and the shackle that the "lips" of my urethra can push out around the shackle. This can be pretty pinchy. Before engaging in conjugal relations, I apply a little lube to the shackle to minimize friction between the shackle and my urethra and encourage things to slide back in.

Overall, I'm delighted. As other posters have mentioned before, Dietmar takes his time crafting his devices and sending them. Waiting for my device was simply an exercise in Zen: there's nothing nicer than when your keyholder, coming home from work, walks into your home office with a smirk and a cardboard box. You can bet I had that thing out of its box and on me in minutes.
0 x
Atone
Re: Review: Steelworxx Looker 3

Post by Atone »

Whizbang wrote:(Atone, I believe, prefers the non-anatomical rings).
you say that like it has some significance, I hope I don't come off as pontificating.

It is true that the anatomical rings don't work for me. I try to make it a point to express why so you can make your own decision based on your circumstance. I'm glad that you did and they are working out.

It sounds like you got a really great device, I am envious. I really wish I had a PA, need to keep working on that.
0 x
Whizbang

Post by Whizbang »

Atone wrote: you say that like it has some significance, I hope I don't come off as pontificating.
It was simply a counterpoint, with supporting information about why the anatomical rings are working for me and a reference to you so that interested parties could look at your threads and see the arguments against them. I took your comments into deep consideration before settling on the anatomical rings anyway.
0 x
neo36

Post by neo36 »

Thank you for the review, it was very helpful.

I ordered mine about 10 days ago, now I am trying to be Zen :oops:
0 x
virginpaul

Post by virginpaul »

I'm new to chastity for the prevention of masturbation and purity. I have a very nice Chasity Steel 100 device which I got at a great price and have begun my journey into purity. Is the belt u are wearing better at reducing the incidence of erections and do you have problems of having constant stimulation which almost drives you crazy?
After a couple of weeks in my belt it seems I'm on an edge of stimulation but I never get any release of the huge built up pressure I feel. It seems that I'm always on the edge of on orgasm but I only have a small amount of semen that is released steadlt throughout the day with no real notice of when it's jmhappening. Is this a common occurance to expect in chadtity? Thank you.
Virgin Paul
0 x