Split base ring metal CD?

For the gearheads in the audience
jack

Split base ring metal CD?

Post by jack »

Does anyone have any experience with a metal CD that has a split or hinged base ring? I have seen several designs advertised but have read that they are more difficult to wear than the solid ring types.

What about the ones that have rubber tubing covering the hinge?

I would like to find a metal CD that my wife can remove and replace without my help. Our current solid base ring CD is proving too difficult.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Jack
0 x
Keyholder: Wife/Miss D
Currently Wearing: Tight Squeeze
Locked by LRC

Re: Split base ring metal CD?

Post by Locked by LRC »

It doesn't show on his site but MM has his version of the CB6000 base ring assembly. Email him and he will send you a picture and price.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
jeank

Post by jeank »

Steelworxx do both a hinged ring and a two part ring for all their CBs

http://steelworxx.de/Bipartite-A-Ring-f ... b-47p.html
http://steelworxx.de/Hinged-Ring-(for-all-CB)-39p.html
0 x
jack

Post by jack »

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check out both.

Does anyone have experience (successful experience) wearing a hinged base ring CD?

I would really like to find a CD with a multipart or hinged base ring that also has a very low profile locking system. I want to more away from our current CD with the top post lock.

Thanks
0 x
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

I have tried a few of the hinged rings and hated them. Scrotum pinching little pieces of crap in my opinion. The one with the latex rubber tubing was even worse, not for pinching, but produced more ball burn than anything else I've tried.

jack wrote:Does anyone have any experience with a metal CD that has a split or hinged base ring? I have seen several designs advertised but have read that they are more difficult to wear than the solid ring types.

What about the ones that have rubber tubing covering the hinge?

I would like to find a metal CD that my wife can remove and replace without my help. Our current solid base ring CD is proving too difficult.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Jack
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

The CB3K used a split ring. I had pinching problems to the point of small abrasions. I always thought it was the low tolerances that plastic devices always have. I would have thought they could make them closer fitting with metal but it sounds like the same problems are there. I've asked MM about a split ring and they don't have them at all.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Chuck wrote:I have tried a few of the hinged rings and hated them. Scrotum pinching little pieces of crap in my opinion. The one with the latex rubber tubing was even worse, not for pinching, but produced more ball burn than anything else I've tried.

Had the same problem with my CB3000. After several days I had to take it off cause of the sore it caused at the hinge. Been there, done that, won't ever go back.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
jack

Post by jack »

Thanks for the replies. The consensus sounds like the solid base ring CDs are the most comfortable for long term wear.

So it appears my desire to have my wife be able to remove and put the CD back on without my assistance will hinge on if she is willing to try this again. I am quite sure she could become adept at it, but she is concerned about hurting me when she has to deal with the base ring. No pain, no gain!
0 x
Sir Chaste

Post by Sir Chaste »

jack: When you said that your desire "will hinge on if she is willing to try this again," was that supposed to be a pun?
0 x
Previously wore CB6000s, Jail House, and MM Jail Bird. Currently wearing My-Steel Total System hip belt.
Sir Chaste

Post by Sir Chaste »

jack: I have located a stainless steel CD with a hinged base ring, that you might like to take a look at. It is available from the German firm Frechdachs Bondage, and you can view it as follows: http://www.frechdachs-bondage.com/Start ... 5?start=34 The page also includes a video which shows the CD in detail.
0 x
Previously wore CB6000s, Jail House, and MM Jail Bird. Currently wearing My-Steel Total System hip belt.