Nervous about ordering an MM jailbird

For the gearheads in the audience
Achnod

Nervous about ordering an MM jailbird

Post by Achnod »

Hi,

First of all, a bit of background. I have been interested in bondage and orgasm controls in years. Didn't matter to me on which side I was as long as someone was in control (I am pretty sure there are some deep dark psychological issue for that but, I couldn't care less :D ). I have been Interested in chastity in the last 6 years but never at the courage to act on it.

Luckily for me, I found a girlfriend that is almost as kinky as I am. It still took me 3 years to bring up male chastity and when I did, she seemed to like it. Few weeks later I showed her a rel CB6000 while one of our trip to the adult store to get order stuff. She did like the idea but didn't want a CB6000.

Her condition for the devices were that it has to be easy to clean, it should not smell bad and safe (not as I can't get out of it but as it shouldn't hurt me). So I ruled out the birdlocks, bon4 and the cb6000,3000,2000 and the curve.

I was left with those steel devices that you can get on the net for around 100$. Users of those devices did tell me that some of them had a tendency to rust due to lower quality steel being used. I started to look at more expensive and custom fit devices and ended with Maturemetal. 316 surgical stainless steel is pretty much the best I could ask for.

My issue thought comes with the sizing. I did order the sizing kit and followed most of the measuring guide on an other popular chastity forums. After 2 weeks of measuring, I thought i was good to go. Then after poking around I saw that what I ended up with was a lot bigger than the measurement that some other people posted and it got me extremely worried. Which is why I am here, writing a dreadfully long post and hoping that some people who have worn or are wearing the device could enlighten me.

I am very scared of having the sizing wrong since this is my first device and I have no experience. I would normally buy a cheaper one for starter but that is currently out of the question. I know that everyone is different but I measurements seem so out of place that I think I might be just not doing it fine.

So here are the measurements that I have.

Base ring : Oval, 2''
Length : 3 3/4"
Diameter 1 5/8"
Gap 3/8"

For the base ring, I got to that measurement by wearing the biggest ring, getting hard, checking if it hurts, pinches, or if my balls and cock changed color. I did that until it happened and then when 1 size up and ended with the 2" ring. I slept in it for almost 2 weeks and it never woke me up. It did pinch after a while but I started to shave and it stopped so I think I am good for that ring.

Sadly, for the rest I couldn't do what is in the guide so I based my measurements on the guide that game with the sizing kit. When flaccid, I measured from the tip of my penis to the base where it meets my scrotum and subtracted 1/4". I ended up with 3 3/4" which seems way to long. I know there is shower and grower but due to the fact that I haven't found clear explanation and that I don't speak English very well, I am not sure that I got this right.

Same thing for the diameter. I used the ring when flaccid and measured. I ended with the 1 5/8". The sizing guide said that the ring should be snug but not to tight. Could someone explain this to me. I am unsure of the meaning and possible examples would be great.

I will greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide.

PS : I am guessing you got this from reading my message but English is not my 1st language and therefor I apologize for all the mistakes and it some of the stuff I wrote made sense for me in French but not in English.

Thank you very much
0 x
Atone
Re: Nervous about ordering an MM jailbird

Post by Atone »

welcome to the forum. I actually didn't realize english was not your first language until you said something about it.

I agree that the sizes you came up with sound rather large. A device that is too large is almost as bad as one that is too small.

Are you getting aroused when you take the measurements? This is a common problem especially when you first get started because the whole idea is so stimulating. You might want to try to masturbate first and then take some measurements.

I would recommend trying one of the plastic devices first, probably the CB6000. Even if you don't use it long term it will help with figuring out what will fit.
0 x
danj

Post by danj »

I'll second Atone's advice. My time in the cb-6000s was invaluable in determining many of the measurements before I ordered my Steelheart. The custom steel devices don't come cheap, so I was happy to have been accurate on the first try. And welcome to the Forum!
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

Achnod wrote:Hi,

Her condition for the devices were that it has to be easy to clean, it should not smell bad and safe (not as I can't get out of it but as it shouldn't hurt me). So I ruled out the birdlocks, bon4 and the cb6000,3000,2000 and the curve.

I used to wear a Curve but mostly I have worn a CB-2000, so that is what my experience is based on.

Easy to clean: Plastic is pretty easy to clean, no issues there. On a steel product, the quality of the stainless steel will play a BIG part. Cheap stainless will still corrode and cause problems.

Smell: I doubt that plastic vs steel will change any smell issue. Smell will come from two sources: 1) trapped urine and 2) skin that doesn't get to breath.
A more open design (such as the CB-2000 or Jailbird) won't trap urine as much and will have much less skin that doesn't get to breath. But there will still be some (trapped skin). It doesn't matter if it a chastity device, shoes, or a cast, any time there is something against your skin for days at a time it will start to smell.

Safe: Plastic has the advantage that if you really need to, you can get out of it. The plastic pin used in any of the plastic devices won't start up to a pair of wire cutters. From that aspect, I would consider the plastic devices to be safer.

One concern that I have with many of the steel devices is the precision of the pin into the cage. On my CB-2000 the pin inserts through the ring, then a spacer, then the cage, then another small spacer, then the lock. Everything is tight. The spacer between the ring and cage prevents any sliding of the cage on the pin. This is really important to prevent getting pinched. One time I tried wearing the Curve without that spacer and it was NOT good at all!

I can tell you that it can be very difficult to deal with when you are in polite company (or at work) and you get a major pinch on your cock.

Getting the right size can be difficult. A good thing about the Curve / CB-2000 is that they came with a variety of rings. I was surprised that I was actually comfortable with a ring size smaller than what I originally thought. A variety of spacers also allowed adjusting the gap between the ring and cage.

Ron
0 x
MikeyLikes

Post by MikeyLikes »

As a longtime (is 5 months long?) wearer of the MM Queen's Keep, which is very similar to the JB; I agree with advice others here have provided. Specifically, the CB-xxxx devices are a great 'tool' to use to get used to wearing a device, and more importantly, to help you sort out sizing issues. Also, MatureMetal is very responsive to questions - they're wonderful to deal with, so don't hesitate to seek their recommendation on sizing.

When I ordered my QK, I ordered an additional base ring. I chose a 1 3/4" oval ring as my first choice, but also ordered a 1 7/8" ring just in case. There have been a couple instances where I have worn the larger ring when I experienced some chaffing issues; but most of the time, the 1 3/4" works well.

As far as smell is concerned, at the end of the day (some days - not every day), I will notice some smell from that area, but on those days, it is because of urine getting where it doesn't belong. Overall, significantly less odor issues than with the CB-6000s that I used before.
0 x
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

For the base ring, I got to that measurement by wearing the biggest ring, getting hard, checking if it hurts, pinches, or if my balls and cock changed color. I did that until it happened and then when 1 size up and ended with the 2" ring. I slept in it for almost 2 weeks and it never woke me up. It did pinch after a while but I started to shave and it stopped so I think I am good for that ring.
I am new and just about to order a MM Jailbird myself. For the Base Ring I just used the sizing rings while flacid. I don't plan on having erections while in the jailbird. Am I wrong in this assumption?

I have been wearing a CB-6000s and find it very comfortable. I was using the 1 3/4" base ring, but seem to fit in the 1 5/8" sizing ring. I am going to wear the 1 5/8" ring for a few days to make sure that I don't have any problems. I have been measuring the length at 2 1/2" and will probably order a 2 1/4" length which makes sense because the 6000s is a little long. I will probably also order the 3/8" gap.

My question is about the inside diameter of the cage. I am unsure if I should go with the 1 1/4" or the 1 3/8" diameter. They both fit over the shaft and make contact all of the way around. I can put on the 1 1/8" but believe this is too tight. I am quite comfortable in the 6000s which has an inner diameter of 1 3/8" but would like to go as small as I can. I just don't want to order something I can't wear. I am also going to wear the 1 1/4" ring for a few days on my shaft to see if there are any issues (I don't know if this is really going to give me any useful information). I guess this isn't really a question, I just was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Scott
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

hopeful wrote:I don't plan on having erections while in the jailbird. Am I wrong in this assumption?
How do you plan to do that? My body doesn't give me much of a choice.
I was using the 1 3/4" base ring, but seem to fit in the 1 5/8" sizing ring. I am going to wear the 1 5/8" ring for a few days to make sure that I don't have any problems.
I would stick with it for a little longer than that. I find that a lot of things work for a couple of days. After 3 or 4 is where it starts to get tricky for me. If I can make it a week then that can usually become the new standard.
My question is about the inside diameter of the cage. I am unsure if I should go with the 1 1/4" or the 1 3/8" diameter. They both fit over the shaft and make contact all of the way around. I can put on the 1 1/8" but believe this is too tight.
I had a 1 1/8" jailbird that I wore for a fairly long time, about 6 months or so. It is very small and took a long time to get to where I could wear it full time. I think it was about a month or more of on for a couple of days then back to something else for a couple. Finally MM recommended that I just grind through and that worked out OK, it just took a while. I have since moved on to a 32mm Steelheart (slightly larger than 1 1/8" in theory, about the same in practice due to no openings) and now to a 35mm Steelheart.

Do you find that you have a lot of extra room in the CB6000s? If not I don't think I would go smaller.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Atone wrote:
hopeful wrote:I don't plan on having erections while in the jailbird. Am I wrong in this assumption?
How do you plan to do that? My body doesn't give me much of a choice.

:lol:
0 x
jeank

Post by jeank »

Achnod,

One thing that I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned.

I have an MM device and it's great, BUT

I started with a CB3000. When I first got it I was using the 1 7/8" ring and a medium spacer, and that felt very tight - began to hurt after a day or so. After about a week it was too loose and I went to the smaller spacer. The about a month later that got too loose so I adjusted to a spacer I made myself (almost no spacer) which I then used until I got the MM device. (The spacer controls the gap between the base ring and the end of the tube - i.e. how much space is there for your scrotum).

The thing is for the first few weeks wearing a CB device, your genitals gradually stretch. I could not have worn the MM device I have now when I first started. The big advantage to starting with a CB series is because they come with different spacers and rings you can adjust as you stretch and then after a few weeks when the size has settled down you'll have a good idea of what size you need to order your custom device. By seeing how well you fit in a CB3000 or 6000 you'll know what tube measurement you'll need. As far as the base ring is concerned, In my case I still use the 1 7/8" ring I stated with, but I've read reports from many others who found that their ring size went down after a few weeks as their genital area stretched.

Also when you first start you'll need to keep the key with you for a few days/couple of weeks until you're sure it's not doing damage. Better to be able to take it off when it seems to hurt rather than leaving for a couple of days and finding abrasions/blisters.

Keeping clean and not smelly is not that much of an issue if you use antibacterial soap, a squeeze bottle with a nozzle and a shower head to rinse out. And you need to remove a CBseries every few days for cleaning anyway.

Although my MM is very open, there are still bits at the base of the penis which are difficult to clean so we have an arrangement where I'm unlocked for a clean about once a week,(even if that's all it is ;) ).

If you really want to play you will need to chat with your GF and explain the practicalities, as well as sort out some ground rules. If she is into it she needs to understand that it is not something where you buy a device, put it on, give her the key and that's it. It takes time for your body to adjust to having something locked onto your anatomy.

If she can live that journey with you in an understanding way it may be a great start to a lot of fun.

I've written more than I intended to when I started this, but hope it helps.
0 x
Achnod

Post by Achnod »

Atone wrote:welcome to the forum. I actually didn't realize english was not your first language until you said something about it.

I agree that the sizes you came up with sound rather large. A device that is too large is almost as bad as one that is too small.

Are you getting aroused when you take the measurements? This is a common problem especially when you first get started because the whole idea is so stimulating. You might want to try to masturbate first and then take some measurements.

I would recommend trying one of the plastic devices first, probably the CB6000. Even if you don't use it long term it will help with figuring out what will fit.
Hi,

I mentioned that I do not speak english very well because this is causing me having an issue understanding what "Snug but not thight" would mean. For me, those 2 words have the exact same meaning.

I have been taking measures for more than 2 weeks. At first I was getting a bit excited and it would give me false results. But after a few days i was fine and the measure I got didn't change from day to day.

hopeful wrote:
I am new and just about to order a MM Jailbird myself. For the Base Ring I just used the sizing rings while flacid. I don't plan on having erections while in the jailbird. Am I wrong in this assumption?
Well, planed or not, your body will try to get some erection and it could hurt with an improper base ring. Which is why did this. I also slept in it for a few weeks to make sure that nightly erections will not hurt (those will happen regardless of the device).

@Jeank : We already discussed everything. I wouldn't dare order a device if her intentions were to keep me lock and not do anything with it.

I am also aware that I will need to keep the keys (or at least one) for the first few weeks for adjustments and emergency.

As for the body adjusting to the device and changing the measurements, I hadn't thought about this. Thank you very much.

I will most likely order a cb6000 or a curve within the next few days. I am just not sure which one. The curve has the same length as my measurements and is 1 ring size tighter The cb6000 is .5" shorter and 2 ring size tighter
0 x