3D Cobra Resin

For the gearheads in the audience
BlackoutDevices
Re: 3D Cobra Resin

Post by BlackoutDevices »

Just to correct some of the misinformation in this thread...

The Cobra's aren't made with resin and aren't "cured" - they are made with a polymer powder that gets fused together. I wouldn't trust any resin printed cages as biocompatible resin is a lot less readily available than printing in the Nylon PA12 that is standard and anywhere doing knockoff resin printing is likely cutting corners as much as they can.

The dye allergy is quite common and isn't exclusive to cages/plastics. People experience the same reaction with cosmetic items that use similar dye bases.
If you are allergic to the black Cobra's, I have an undyed version of my Evo for this specific reason - which might I add is the better cage anyway ;)
However, if you know what Cobra cage you like, I believe the pink cages they just released shouldn't have the same issue as the allergy is typically with a chemical in the dark dyes.
Mr Pickle wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:09 pm I believe they do a white, pink and metal version also.
If the cobra had an option to add a steel urethral I would own one.
Authentic Cobras only come in black and pink. I think they might have tested out a white cage way back but it never made it into full time production. The rest are knockoffs so it'll be a mixed bag on the quality of them. Also the cobrachastity site is a scam knockoff site so don't order from them. They only sell on their site (kink3d.com) and through a handful of established companies.
1 x
KnownAsHerbert
Last orgasm: April 23rd, 2024
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

Thank you for the info, BlackoutDevices.
I guess I will just have to see how things work out when my order arrives, which should be in the next 3-4 days.
1 x
Full time Nubbed by Emmi.
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

Is it just me, or do these look as if they were produced for the Star Wars Storm Troupers?
STrouper.png
STrouper.png (59.91 KiB) Viewed 401 times
1 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

KnownAsHerbert wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:23 am “somewhat smushed” is a great description.

I had noticed the interesting shape and assumed it would feel quite light. My reason for choosing it as you might have read already is that I need something much shorter than that CB6000S that I am currently wearing. I note that you had a 6000S in the past but it broke. I would be interested to hear what you thought of it before catastrophe occurred.
Except for the Curve, the CB products have an inside diameter of 1 3/8". I need 1 1/2". You would probably be as surprised as I was at what a difference the 1/8" makes. With a 1 3/8" diameter, skin pokes through the holes getting rubbed and pinched from time to time and my urethra gets compressed. I have an enlarged prostate and don't need any additional issues getting a stream started and continuing it uninterrupted. Consequently, I did not wear the CB6000s often or for long periods of time, but it split anyway. I made the mistake of wearing it to bed one night, and my morning wood erection attempt caused the split which then pinched me painfully waking me up.

I did buy another Curve because it allows for partial erections which it forces down that curve. It's a pretty cool feeling that I enjoy every once in a while. Otherwise, I am not a fan of CB products, except that I do think that they are good for beginners, allowing them to experiment with different ring sizes and gap spacers.
1 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

Thanks WifeIsVanilla, I don't even want to think about getting pinched by a split cage!

I do agree with you comment about the CB range being good for beginners who are still experimenting. I count myself as a beginner even though it's a second time around for me, with the first dabble being largely unsuccessful.
1 x
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

I find myself wondering how common (or otherwise) is it for the CB range to split. I seem to have read a few reports of it happening and that's not too reassuring given that it's what I'm wearing as I write...

Maybe metal would be a better choice.
1 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

In the last 12 or so years, I have seen plenty of reports about CB's splitting. I have never seen a report about a Cobra splitting.
2 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

That's useful to know, thank you. Hoping that the Cobra turns out to be a good choice. Otherwise I'll be looking again.
1 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

If you purchased the right size, I expect that you will be very happy with it.
1 x
KnownAsHerbert

Post by KnownAsHerbert »

WifeIsVanilla wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:51 am If you purchased the right size, I expect that you will be very happy with it.
It seems that I did, and I am. A big improvement.

When I say I, I really me we. Emmie played a big part in the choosing!
2 x