Cheap device advice

For the gearheads in the audience
whistlersix

Cheap device advice

Post by whistlersix »

Just wondering if anyone had used this device? I see pics (I think) of it on Tumblr all the time. I know it's cheap and it's not custom, but since it is so cheap I thought I might give it a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078GJX8C4/?c ... _lig_dp_it

I currently have a Steelworxx Steelheart that's a little to long on the tube and a little to small on the base ring. I'm just curious on how the difference will feel. This one is much shorter than my Steelheart (42mm vs 75mm) and a little bigger on the ring (45mm vs 40mm). One thing I like about it is the open end too. Hygiene is a problem with the Steelheart.
0 x
Currently Wearing: A271
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Cheap device advice

Post by Tom Allen »

I have the slightly longer A272 (although that particular seller calls them the A278).

That device has become my new favorite. The base ring has a wife profile (instead of being circular) and the overall shape is a wavy circle, which is more ergonomic. I have the 45mm, and it fits well. The open ended cage makes using a urinal easy, and it's easier to keep clean than a solid tube.

I've had mine for almost a year, and while I haven't worn it 24/7, I have gone for weeks at a time.

Here's some more detail on it:
https://vanillaedge.wordpress.com/2017/ ... d-the-gap/
0 x
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

Tom Allen wrote:... The base ring has a wife profile
Hmm, a 'wife' profile. Hope that isn't a Freudian slip for "shorter and wider in the middle".
:lol:
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

MsM has me wearing a similar device, same base ring and lock but with an even shorter and completely open cage and I've been in it 24/7 except for about once a month removal for a thorough clean and shave for something like a year now. Find it to be fantastic. FWIW MsM lubes Her cage A-ring every morning and evening with Aveeno hand cream and under supervision i place a drop of fine oil on the lock opening and work the key both in and out and unlock lock after each bath. So far it has been faultless.

MsM's ld

FWIW this is what MsM purchased, it is used without the spiked anti-pullout device as that proved impossible to fit.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/stainles ... 11409.html
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Hmm, a 'wife' profile. Hope that isn't a Freudian slip for "shorter and wider in the middle".
:o
MsM has me wearing a similar device, same base ring and lock but with an even shorter and completely open cage
I've tried those, and I think I'm too much of a grower or something. I love the open, flat rings, but I get some major edema from swelling up and overflowing (?). And then that sensitive skin gets pinched and chafed rubbing against my underwear, etc. I have one of the longer ones, and I have not been able to modify it in any way that allows me to wear it comfortably.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

i guess in the end it's different strokes (or no strokes at all lol) for different folks and our genitals etc are as unique as the rest of us so what fits one person may well not fit another. That's why people end up needing custom equipment !!

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Slave d,

I have the very same device except my tube is more enclosed. I purchased it about 2 months ago after reading Tom's post about his experience. I am now on day 32 without any removal what so ever and I continue to marvel how comfortable it is. It's lighter in weight than my MM Jailbird and Watchful Mistress and I feel more secure in it. There were times both in the shower and after a hot tub that I would just about fall out of either of the MM cages. This has not happened at all with the DHgate.

I also like the way I sit at the end of the tube portion. The "lining up" to pee is practically eliminated since I basically don't move around anymore.

I love the comfort of the wider and ergonomically fitted base ring. It's a big plus for me.

Lastly, I've always wanted to try a device with an intergrated lock and it's wonderful.

I do agree that the spiked anti-pull out ring is useless and after a frustrating half hour of pinching torture I pitched it.

On a side note, my wife and I are on a 4 day get-a-way at a favorite B&B we enjoy. As part of the package she booked a couples massage that we just came back from. Earlier in the day we headed out to do some sightseeing and I told her I wanted to stop by the room before the massage. She said "hope you are not feeling the need to stop thinking I'm going to remove your cage because I'm not planning on taking it off". I smiled and said, "really no need to since it barely shows".

Still can't believe after spending over a thousand dollars on three MM devices and various modifications that a $12.50 device from China would fit this good, wear so well and be my favorite of all of them. Who knew :-)
Last edited by locked4her55 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
sherulestherooster

Post by sherulestherooster »

locked4her55 wrote: This has not happened at all with the DHgate.

I also like the way I sit at the end of the tube portion. The "lining up" to pee is practically eliminated since I basically don't move around anymore.

I love the comfort of the wider and ergonomically fitted base ring. It's a big plus for me.

Still can't believe after spending over a thousand dollars on three MM devices and various modifications that a $12.50 device from China would fit this good, wear so well and be my favorite of all of them. Who knew :-)
I'm only an occasional chastity user, and I have a CB6000s (first device) and a miniBirdlocked (got because my wife didn't like feeling poked when I am cuddling her). Both devices have serious limitations with hygiene, IMO. And the rings on both are terrible. Because I'm only an occasional user, never made sense for me to try an expensive custom device.

I also have experimented with metal cages from dhGate, and wish I had started there. Have read a lot of negative things about Chinese devices, but the combo I have seems to fit perfectly for me and I have not seen any quality issues. The curved ring is WAY better, it's similar to a metal cock ring you find in adult toy stores. Can't understand why CB series uses that hard edge design - it's so uncomfortable and leaves a mark, at least for me.

But biggest change is hygiene and "slippage". I actually bought two different cage sizes, and while I'm a pretty extreme 'grower', I think the reason why the smaller one works better for me is actually the reduced weight. The smaller cage dramatically reduced slippage compared to the larger/heavier cage, and it also seems better to 'sit' at the end of the cage even when I'm at my smallest flaccid length. Does not slip off when I shower, and super easy to clean. I do have to 'adjust' the ring a bit sometimes to pee. Getting it on is a little tricky because sometimes my second testicle doesn't want to cooperate and pulling my shaft through isn't the most pleasant experience without lube (I try not to use lube to reduce the chance of any slippage).

All in all, I probably spent $80 or so on the various rings and the two cages from dhgate, but feel like this is the best route for my anatomy. I have worn overnight once but not undergone a heavy tease and denial session with my partner. In fact, I haven't formally told her yet (she's not that big on chastity play, but enjoys honor system denial) about this.

This is the cage I have, with 42 mm ring being best for me (and for CB6000s, I used the 48 mm diameter ring - go figure!): https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-stai ... 7C20180329.
0 x
whistlersix

Post by whistlersix »

I went ahead and ordered the device shortly after posting on Tuesday and received it today. After giving it a wash I put it on and so far so good. I'll call the new cage the A271 to differentiate between it and the Steelheart. Things I noticed after a few hours of wearing the A271:
  • It's light! It seems much much lighter than my Steelheart. Weight-wise, I hardly know it's there. At some point I'll probably take the A271 off and weigh it and the Steelheart to compare.
  • It's so short! I knew it was going to be shorter than my Steelheart and I was worried that it would actually fit and be comfortable. For the longest time I've heard smaller is better and so far I'd have to agree. It does take a little more work to squish things in there, but if I can wear the A271 indefinitely, that won't be a recurring issue :)
  • The tube is not just shorter but smaller in diameter. This also helps keeps things nice and compact. There's no banging around in the tube on the A271 like I have with the Steelheart. I know you can go even shorter, but i don't think I'd want to. All that being said I haven't had an attempted erection yet. The verdict may change.
  • So far I really like the ergonomic base ring. I immediately could tell the difference when I put it on compared to the circular ring of my Steelheart. Combined with the lesser weight, the ergonomic base ring is much more comfortable. That also could be due to the larger size of this base ring vs my Steelheart also.
  • Hygiene is much better. The open end of the cage doesn't allow urine to collect in the end of the tube and get stale and smelly.
As much as I'm liking the A271 so far, you can definitely see the quality difference between it and the Steelheart.
  • The lock doesn't fit well in the locking port/cylinder. I really have to struggle to get it in and out, although I've only done it once so far. I might be able to fix that with some minor sanding/polishing.
  • The tube portion of the cage is made up of three parts welded together. The tube(center piece of the tube), the end cage(tip of the tube) and the "comfort ring" (base of the tube). The comfort ring is where the pins and the locking post are welded onto and those slide into the base ring. The edges on the end of the tube are rather sharp and don't match up perfectly with the end cage or the comfort ring. So far this is only the case on the outside of the tube and I can't feel any sharp edges on the inside. I think I'm noticing it because I went from the very well made solid one piece tube of the Steelheart with a rounded comfort ring welded on. When I'm my hands are idle, I'll find my hand inside my pants lightly rubbing the stainless steel and I've noticed the rough edges on the outside of the tube where it meets the end cage and the comfort ring.
So far I'm very happy with the $23 purchase for this cage. I'll post some more thoughts after I've slept in it, showered in it, attempted an erection (including night time erections) and after my keyholder has inspected it and hopefully teased me in it. I can see myself wearing this indefinitely and possibly handing over the keys permanently to my keyholder. With the Steelheart I had control of the keys and would unlock myself about every other day for a thorough cleaning and shave and even then by the end of the day I felt like I was smelly.
0 x
Currently Wearing: A271