Horrible blister / chafing / burning / itching problem

Living the real life under lock and key
danj
Re: Horrible blister / chafing / burning / itching problem

Post by danj »

I've been having some rash issues in my Steelheart, too. I attribute it to the urine that remains in the tube. Unfortunately, I pretty much need to come out of the tube almost daily, or within a couple of days a rash starts, usually around the head, corona and that general area. I've been locked quite a bit lately, and have been using my CB-6000s to give my poor penis a break from the rashes. I have far less rash issues with the 6000s and I think that is due to being able to pee without it collecting in the tube and avoiding constant urine to skin contact.
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
Harry Haversackers

Post by Harry Haversackers »

I suffered from periodic rashes while wearing my CB6Ks, and attributed them to not being able to dry myself completely after showering. I suspected that it was a yeast infection or something very similar, because it responded quickly to an anti-fungal ointment. The problem went away once my wife started letting me out each night to wash, and dry very well. Since switching to my Jailbird, and being able to dry myself well (I use a hairdryer, and then dust with cornstarch* based baby powder), there have been no more rashes.

* Baby powder was mentioned in an earlier post, and I want to make sure everyone is aware that using the talc based product is hazardous to your mate's health. A connection has been made between talc and cervical cancer, so please stick to the cornstarch based powder, or, for that matter, just use cornstarch.
0 x
Last orgasm - a few days ago
Next orgasm - maybe tonight...
Currently Wearing - the Jailbird is in my sock drawer.

Tits look best in a pink sweater - George Carlin
danj

Post by danj »

Harry (and other jail bird owners),

How easy is urination with the JB? Can you use a urinal? Are you able to line up the meatus easy enough to avoid splashing? I find the "lining up" pretty easy in the CB-6000s, obviously no such thing in the Steelheart. These rashes are starting to get old, yet I don't want to stay in the plastic cb forever. I know it will split sooner or later...ouch!! And this constant removal of the Steelheart is also challenging.
0 x
-Dan

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
cb6000s

Post by cb6000s »

danj wrote:Harry (and other jail bird owners),

How easy is urination with the JB? Can you use a urinal? Are you able to line up the meatus easy enough to avoid splashing? I find the "lining up" pretty easy in the CB-6000s, obviously no such thing in the Steelheart. These rashes are starting to get old, yet I don't want to stay in the plastic cb forever. I know it will split sooner or later...ouch!! And this constant removal of the Steelheart is also challenging.
I gave up on trying to use a urinal fairly quickly. While it is possible, do you really want to be standing at a urinal trying it line everything up with a q tip? Many people report they like the feel of an enclosed cage. I'm currently in the MM Jailbird for 49 days with no discomfert and no hygene problems which I could never have done with the cb6000 series.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

danj wrote: How easy is urination with the JB? Can you use a urinal? Are you able to line up the meatus easy enough to avoid splashing? I find the "lining up" pretty easy in the CB-6000s, obviously no such thing in the Steelheart. These rashes are starting to get old, yet I don't want to stay in the plastic cb forever. I know it will split sooner or later...ouch!! And this constant removal of the Steelheart is also challenging.
My experience with the CB series device made it obvious to me that I had to have an open design just to maintain hygiene. You simply sit, urinate, wipe the end with tissue, and go. IMO, you just can't beat the open MM devices for that. I can count on two hands the nights I have been unlocked since February, and I am locked most of the day, as well. Cleaning in the shower is a breeze with the foam swabs. I have yet to have a rash or any other similar problem other than being horny and frustrated, which pleases my KH/Spouse.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

danj wrote:Harry (and other jail bird owners),

I had problems using a urinal when I first received my JB. It became frustrating since I have a job where being able to sit down is not always an option. I ended up sending my JB back to MM and they separated the horizontal bars just a little bit. Hardly noticeable but made a big difference. Now I can use a urinal very easily without making a mess.

The JB is in a league of it's own when it comes to keeping yourself clean.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
danj

Post by danj »

locked4her55 wrote: I ended up sending my JB back to MM and they separated the horizontal bars just a little bit. Hardly noticeable but made a big difference. Now I can use a urinal very easily without making a mess.

The JB is in a league of it's own when it comes to keeping yourself clean.
I was thinking maybe a JB customized with one less horizontal bar at the end. That might do the trick. Biggest problem might be convincing my wife to allow the purchase.
0 x
-Dan

hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Well, I'm pretty sure I had both a fungal infection AND now have developed a metal allergy. It's pretty simple really, now, 5 minutes in the tube and my skin is all breaking out in a rash. Possibly the infection caused me to be sensitive to the metal, and now that part has stuck. Maybe it will go away eventually, but I am totally having Dietmar powder coat my new order (upgrading to smaller Steelheart).

In the meantime, I will try putting on a condom so that I can at least be back in the tube for love-making, but looks like I won't be wearing it overnight any time soon.
0 x
Harry Haversackers

Post by Harry Haversackers »

I find using a urinal a little too "iffy". With the JB, there's a bit of fussing about to make sure that everything is lined up, and it's not what I want to be doing, standing out there in more or less public view. The other issue with any chastity device is: you may be able to line yourself up, but sometimes everything doesn't stay lined up, and suddenly you're pissing sideways, or all over your shoes. Sitting to pee may not be your preference, but it beats the hell out of explaining why you pissed all over yourself.
0 x
Last orgasm - a few days ago
Next orgasm - maybe tonight...
Currently Wearing - the Jailbird is in my sock drawer.

Tits look best in a pink sweater - George Carlin
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Whaa? Did you mean to respond to another thread?
0 x